• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

data

Oct 25, 2017
EBXVOdgX4AABn2p
Wow this just makes things worst.

She's not even following her own principles

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
It amazes me that people who get a potentially complicated breed like a Doberman have so very little knowledge of dogs or apparently aren't willing to go to dog school with them to train both of them.
If you have such a big dig don't do your videos sitting on the floor. That's an automatic invitation to your dog to come and play with you because you're on his level. Of course he'll get in your face then and you can't even blame him.
Restless is also a sign of boredom and a lack of exercise. They're extremely smart and energetic. They're not a breed for hands off owners.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Restless is also a sign of boredom and a lack of exercise.

When I got my first dog in highschool, a friend of mine who had raised several dogs in the past gave me some advice on disciplining dogs when they act up: make them run like we'd run in football practice when we'd fuck up. If your dog has constantly bad behavior, one of the easiest ways to stop that shit is to wear them out with exercise. They'll love it, they won't even realize they're being "punished." It's a "punishment" that will literally strengthen your bond with your dog, and it actually works.

When my dog was a puppy, if he was being destructive or wouldn't calm down in the house, I'd grab a ball and leash, take him to the puppy park, and play fetch with him for about an hour, and his behavior would be better by the end of the day. Make them too tuckered out to do damage. They'll no-joke love you for it.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, been there too fairly often. I always loved animals but after getting my dog I've become even more of animal lover with a huge emotional weak spot.

I admit I'm disgusted by how many of their videos begin with someone finding a bag full of kittens in a trash can, or a puppy set loose in the wild with electrical tape around its snout so it can't eat or drink, or similarly fucked up shit. I don't get how people can be so cruel to helpless animals like that. It's like how you know someone's a psychopath if they strangle cats or whatever.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I admit I'm disgusted by how many of their videos begin with someone finding a bag full of kittens in a trash can, or a puppy set loose in the wild with electrical tape around its snout so it can't eat or drink, or similarly fucked up shit. I don't get how people can be so cruel to helpless animals like that. It's like how you know someone's a psychopath if they strangle cats or whatever.
Yeah I've always thought you can tell who a person really is by how they treat animals. They are in the position of power over animals so it seems like a window into someone's hidden nature to me.

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
People grow up in abusive families and relationships. Violence like this can honestly be hard to control sometimes. She's pretty young, so I can potentially feel sympathy for someone struggling. That doesn't mean that what she's doing is ok.
i don't
hitting a dog is like hitting a toddler, or an old impotent person.
It's bottom of the barrel trash shit symptom of a shit person.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact this was locked twice by the same mod has me scratching my head quite a bit. Obliviously, logic won the day. But one has to wonder.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I've always thought you can tell who a person really is by how they treat animals. They are in the position of power over animals so it seems like a window into someone's hidden nature to me.

Indeed. But if I'm being real, I probably get just as much out of my dog as he gets out of me, if not more. My dog really is my best friend. He makes me laugh. I tell him secrets, he's my programming rubber duck when I have a computer problem. I don't feel like I'm lording over my dog so much as we're partners in crime together. I like doing thing with my dog and being his buddy. People who get drunk on some insignificant power over a hapless animal are sick. Dog ownership is at it's best when it's a symbiotic relationship.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Why do people get an animal and then get upset when the animal does normal animal things?

The way the dog came back and then tried to show her affection by licking her face/hands, and then she gets super pissed, like WTF??? That poor dog was literally doing what a dog does when it's saying "sorry and I love you" and she gets mad at it for THAT.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Should just be an instant permaban. She's not entitled to be on the platform. Give that space to someone else.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Indeed. But if I'm being real, I probably get just as much out of my dog as he gets out of me, if not more. My dog really is my best friend. He makes me laugh. I tell him secrets, he's my programming rubber duck when I have a computer problem. I don't feel like I'm lording over my dog so much as we're partners in crime together. I like doing thing with my dog and being his buddy. People who get drunk on some insignificant power over a hapless animal are sick. Dog ownership is at it's best when it's a symbiotic relationship.
Agreed, my dog is a straight up family member to me. He's always been there for me with love and affection when I've had a bad spell and I try to be there for him too, especially now as he's getting old and is unfortunately going blind in one eye among other little issues. It does feel like a symbiotic relationship like you say.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Agreed, my dog is a straight up family member to me. He's always been there for me with love and affection when I've had a bad spell and I try to be there for him too, especially now as he's getting old and is unfortunately going blind in one eye among other little issues. It does feel like a symbiotic relationship like you say.

My dog turns 10 this october. I don't like thinking about my dog getting old :(

Luckily he's still very frisky and full of energy. He hasn't slowed down.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been a horror movie presented as being made up of unedited raw footage from youtubers/vloggers? Because the way she switched back and forth between fakey youtube presentation and abusing her dog creeped me the fuck out. What a psycho.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
My dog turns 10 this october. I don't like thinking about my dog getting old :(

Luckily he's still very frisky and full of energy. He hasn't slowed down.
Yeah, my dog is coming up for 12 now. He's slowed down but he can still run around and play as soon as you grab one of his toys pretty well. It sucks watching him get older but in the last year or two I've just promised myself to try and make this the best time of his life and really treasure every day I get with him.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, my dog is coming up for 12 now. He's slowed down but he can still run around and play as soon as you grab one of his toys pretty well. It sucks watching him get older but in the last year or two I've just promised myself to try and make this the best time of his life and really treasure every day I get with him.

My last dog went blind but lived for about 4 years after going blind. Being blind isn't that awful for a dog, they actually learn to adapt. Hopefully your dog retains some vision enough so it can still go and play. My dog, Kennedy, would break my heart by the end because he was just so tired all the time, but when he was awake, he could still navigate the house and find his stuffed animals and do dog things.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
My last dog went blind but lived for about 4 years after going blind. Being blind isn't that awful for a dog, they actually learn to adapt. Hopefully your dog retains some vision enough so it can still go and play. My dog, Kennedy, would break my heart by the end because he was just so tired all the time, but when he was awake, he could still navigate the house and find his stuffed animals and do dog things.
That's good to know, I have worried about his quality of life once his vision goes but this puts me a little more at ease, thanks.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's good to know, I have worried about his quality of life once his vision goes but this puts me a little more at ease, thanks.

Haha, kennedy would ham it up sometimes. Like I had a rule that he couldn't beg for food while I ate, so I'd make him go lay down on his bed during dinner time. So once he went blind, I'd be like "Go lay down Kennedy" while serving food, and he'd act all bewildered like he didn't know where he was. BUT, his leash to go potty was also by his bed, and if I'd say "let's go bye bye" then he'd immediately snap out of it and run to the leash and sit in his bed to wait for me to put it on him, haha. Sneaky boy.

Deleted member 28461

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Man, don't follow garbage youtubers like this. If you need some uplifting animal shit online, follow TheDodo on twitter.
I really like Helpful Vancouver Vet. His videos are made to be informative more than entertaining, but I find his enthusiasm and love for his cats to be endlessly watchable. I've learned a fair amount from his stuff, and my cat is much happier as a result. Turns out he loves to be squished. I squish that cat on a daily basis now.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
The hardest thing to swallow about animal abuse is knowing that the animal will always forgive it's owner in hopes of love and affection.

zeioIIDX

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Yeah.......I don't know her personally...but I've personally known a woman who gave that EXACT fucking glare to her kids and another woman who gave that same look to her dog. In each case, both women were abusive/aggressive as hell. And I mean to the point where I was afraid for the kids/dog.

Both were diagnosed with bi-polar disorder and very unpredictable in nature. I never witnessed "woman A" hit her kids but holy fuck, was she extremely verbally abusive to them. And I never saw "woman B" hit her dog but it was soooo obvious that dog was terrified of her by the way she acted around it and the way she talked about her dog.

I only bring all this up because I would NOT put it past this YouTuber to be someone who is very abusive and aggressive towards not only her dog but also people in her life. This couldn't have been a one-time thing on a "bad day".

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Did she just call spitting on her dog positive reinforcement?

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Haha, kennedy would ham it up sometimes. Like I had a rule that he couldn't beg for food while I ate, so I'd make him go lay down on his bed during dinner time. So once he went blind, I'd be like "Go lay down Kennedy" while serving food, and he'd act all bewildered like he didn't know where he was. BUT, his leash to go potty was also by his bed, and if I'd say "let's go bye bye" then he'd immediately snap out of it and run to the leash and sit in his bed to wait for me to put it on him, haha. Sneaky boy.
Hahaha they are smart as hell at playing people and getting what they want. Floyd knows exactly how to play me when I've given him into trouble for something and told him to go to bed. Little sad eyes and face comes out then he starts walking slowly with his head hanging down. Makes me just give up and pet him because I feel bad.

He's done that to me so many times haha

Oct 2, 2018
Obviously she's trying to create cute content with her dog but its quite clear from her video that she amped it up and then she gets pissed off that its happy and excited so she hits it.

Her channel should be shut down. I doubt this is the first time.

Also, who spits on anything. Like for reals.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
lol why was this locked?

Read the closing post and then read our guidelines. Threads like this are on the border between basically only consisting of people saying how terrible it is, and actually having substance, for example to spread awareness for people to report them.

Also everyone please keep the reopening post in mind and move away from metacommentary.

Official Staff Communication
After discussion, we believe there may be value from this conversation so we're reopening the thread for now. Please don't use it to complain about site policy.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I watched the clip in the previous thread earlier and had to stop after the first hit only a few seconds in.

As a dog owner, this is absolutely appalling. All my puppers want to do is eat, play, and snuggle. I'm glad to hear that the LAPD seems to be involved now.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Close her account please. Glad there's an investigation and I hope she's charged.

Fuck anyone who treats living/breathing life this way.