• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ExoExplorer

Jan 3, 2019
New York City
Documented in this video Bobdunga searches for information on the two "lost media" DS games Mean Girls and Clueless. I thought it was a great watch. Especially if your interested in lost media and old DS games.

It's a long watch but it goes into some interesting details. Such as a leaked confidential design document, visual style guide, and interviews with staff that worked on the cancelled projects.

Links to the lost media wiki pages

Clueless - https://lostmediawiki.com/Clueless_...endo_DS_game_based_on_comedy_film;_2008-2010)
Mean Girls - https://lostmediawiki.com/Mean_Girl...ed_Nintendo_DS_game_based_on_film;_2009-2010)

She was sent a rom dump of "Clueless" and is currently planning on uploading it to the Internet Archive

Last edited:

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Always loved Bobdunga's work, this video is no different. Excellent work from her as usual.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
Hey cool I'm subscribed to her but I've been behind on new content thanks for the heads up

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Love the aesthetic of the video itself and the things she found while researching for the video.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I just watched this video and it was fucking great. She put in a lot of work and was rewarded.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Still amazes me there's games out there on the DS that people debate was actually released or cancelled. Had no clue (heh) that there was a game made for the film at all. Makes me wonder how many other super obscure DS games there are out there forgotten like this. What a system.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
This was a fun watch from one of my favorite YouTubers. Her channel isn't very big but filled with love and this hour-long documentary is no different.

She'll be streaming the game soon and will also release the room & other assets on Archive.org. It's always an interesting time when stuff like this is unearthed even if it falls outside the bigger style titles. Assets such as the Design Doc and more are also included which really shows the depth game development can go even for "shovelware" or for stuff that gets canceled with no word.

clueless_cut_1wlkhy.png
clueless_catwalk_1rdkv2.png

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Still amazes me there's games out there on the DS that people debate was actually released or cancelled. Had no clue (heh) that there was a game made for the film at all. Makes me wonder how many other super obscure DS games there are out there forgotten like this. What a system.
How is this a thing? Shouldn't there be a list of released games somewhere? The ds isn't THAT old.

Sep 7, 2018
Thought some would like this. So this YouTuber with the help of a few others decided to look into three DS titles that may or may have not released back in 2008. These titles were based on the films, Clueless, and Mean Girls. Out of sheer curiosity and rumors from the pits of the internet Bobdunga decides to investigate these shovelware titles and see if they ever released. Take a journey into looking in lost media.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Watched this earlier today. Already been a fan of Bobdunga, and this was a very interesting video. I'm a bit of a sucker for lost media stories but it's always cool to see things come to light about these.

Sep 7, 2018
Man, It's so good when I find someone black who make a video like this. YouTube really be does not want to show this stuff. With these kinds of videos I usually white guys and British white guys. Black gamers aren't all just reactors, skits, and streamers. Like we aren't intelligent too.
Partially the reason why I started because I was tired of just seeing white faces promoted for video essays, analysis, videos, etc.

Astrogamer

Oct 25, 2017
How is this a thing? Shouldn't there be a list of released games somewhere? The ds isn't THAT old.
A lot of those lists aren't official but, are user-submitted and there were a lot of DS games released. We do have a definitive list of finished DS games now from the gigaleak since it contained a list of all games submitted to Nintendo's lotcheck. However, passing lotcheck and actually releasing are separate things and that's where things are fuzzy since no one knows if it just had an incredible small print run or if they never actually released it. As for why a publisher would not release a game they have finished, it's because the cost of printing and if it won't sell, you'll have to take care of the cartridges until you do. I would guess that the license agreement for these games between Paramount and 505 Games fell through towards the end of development and that's why they are finished but, never released

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
God damn I love lost media. I dont even care what its about. Something about it is so intriguing to me.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
I read about these games earlier this year and found them fascinating, but missed their discovery entirely. I'm thrilled to hear that they've been found and will definitely be watching that video.