• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017

What a price increase. Hope you really wanted all those Viacom channels. I'll likely be looking elsewhere now, or just go back to a cable bundle for a year.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Ugh. My parents were OK with it when it was 40, then they got over the move to 50, but this is gonna be the end. I'm going to have to find them a new provider.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Shit they are a legit cable provider then.. might as well offer internet and phone. Sheesh

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
I remember when Playstation TV was like $35 a month. Internet TV really got screwed with these price increases.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I subscribed at $35 a month a long while back and it was really barely, barely worth it then.

Now it's priced the same as a typical cable company package and is comically overpriced. It wouldn't even be worth it if the channels were somehow no longer jam packed with commercials.

The Wraith

Oct 27, 2017
These TV companies are in a world of shit. People are cutting the cable and these assholes are trying to squeeze every dime out of people who still want TV.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
That's quite an increase but it's still cheaper than cable for me. I wonder if that's because of Viacom.

sonder

Banned
Mar 18, 2020
damn back in 2018 i used it for some live sport thing and it was $40/mo which was still too high for me too keep. $65/mo? No thanks.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
So it's like the price of my cable package, which my ISP is forcing me to bundle with my internet service?

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
giphy.gif

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Really annoyed by this... made the jump from AT&T Now a few months ago, and though ViacomCBS channels not being there was a minus, we got over it quick... sure, the value proposition may be there, but the cost is just mounting at this point. I'm a HAIR below what i would get from a bundled cable provider... any more increases and I will probably have to go back to Cable.

May 25, 2019
London
The difference between regular cable and this for me will always be the monthly rental of set top boxes. I just hate doing it, and the cost increases for every room you want to equip with them.

Ballistik

Oct 26, 2017
They are adding channels and raising the price forcefully on their customers, a change to the service that customers were not requesting for. We are supposed to sit back and absorb the cost and be okay with it? Nah.

How is this not just an additional package, although I know that they are simply using the new channels as an excuse to raise the price.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
That's cable prices lol. In their defense though sharing is allowed (sort of). I'd have to either use a vpn or get a plane ticket to my parent's place to use it. Happens every few months where it wants me to sign in from an IP in my parent's zip code.

NPVinny

Dec 13, 2017
Why is ala carte so goddamn hard for these companies to understand? Let me pay 20 bucks for the channels I actually want instead of the 0 that you're now going to get.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
That plus the price of unbundled internet is probably more expensive than a non promotional cable+internet bundle from the local cable company.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh damn - my folks just subscribed to this a few weeks ago and I've been taking advantage of our family thing.

What are good alternatives nowadays? $65/month is just way too steep.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hey it works for cable right?

I resubbed due to being at home all the time/news but will now cancel again real quick. This reasoning is BS.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
That is a very large increase, I'm not sure if we'll keep it around since we barely watch normal "cable" TV now anyways.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
Ouch, still cheaper than cable and internet but not as much anymore. Kind of sucks because i do love the actual service.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
What in the world? What is the programming for Youtube TV.... why would anyone pay $35, $40, $50, or NOW $65 a month.......

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Everybody chill, they need to make ends meet somehow. It's not like they're part of one of the biggest multi-billion dollar corporations on the planet

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Well that sucks. It's still the best streaming option, but now it's basically the same price as real cable TV.

Without live sports on right now it' a hard justification. Basically paying $65 for the Housewives.

Steven

Oct 27, 2017
When I signed up, it was $40 and I felt it was a great value.

When it raised to $50, I was a little vexed but I could deal with it.

For the past few months I've been watching way less YTTV.

With this price hike, I'm canceling. Loved the experience and the features but not at this price.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.

YT TV is nice when you don't have cable and want to watch a show night-of, but $64.99 a month? Fuck off, Youtube.