• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
Wtf Youtube. The music being used there are actually submitted by the producers/artists themselves. Unless some asshole producer reported it because of some reason.

OP
OP
Smoshow

Smoshow

Oct 25, 2017
Update:
twitter.com

ChilledCow on Twitter

“@YouTube @ytcreators I will make an announcement if my account is unbanned, anyone using the name ChilledCow and/or the livestream image is a false account”

They will make an announcement if the account gets unbanned.

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
How do artists get paid for a channel like that? Or is it exempt?
Artists/producers usually let these channels/playlists use their music for free in exchange for exposure/plays. Some like Chillhop Music transitioned to a music label and did sign some of the artists.

Talos

Mar 5, 2019

GentleAllHoiho-size_restricted.gif

Relic

Oct 28, 2017
Can someone explain the channel? I thought it was just a string of copyrighted songs put over some anime girl that the channel probably didn't draw either.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed this on my subscription feed:

utdte9O.png

Looks like it got 218 million views while it ran and it ran for a runtime of 13,165:23:44...whatever that means.

This is their other stream:

GX251UP.png

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
I just noticed this on my subscription feed:

utdte9O.png

Looks like it got 218 million views while it ran and it ran for a runtime of 13,165:23:44...whatever that means.

This is their other stream:

GX251UP.png
218M views in over 13.1k hrs of video with average time of 50min watch time

That ain't bad but considering how long it could take to make some of the music it may not be as efficient as a YouTube 15min video by let's say Markiplier where it gains 20-50M views but who knows to release 15-20min of video a day you would need to work all the time to the point that you would burn yourself out real quick or hire an editor or two which then you would obviously have to pay. Plus ads on a music channel would probably tank those numbers a little bit at the very least the watch time for sure. Interesting stuff tho

Edit: if the music is licensed and all that they should go for a sponsorship tbh, just have some like small thing on the bottom right of the screen for how many hours the sponsor is for and boom, way to receive money without hitting your listeners with audio/visual ads that defeat the purpose of the channel

Oct 26, 2017
im not even sad considering the economics of it all

hotpodnews.com

Subscribe to Hot Pod - The Verge

The Verge is about technology and how it makes us feel. Founded in 2011, we offer our audience everything from breaking news to reviews to award-winning features and investigations, on our site, in video, and in podcasts.

the writer has written for npr before anyone questions the validty of it
Reading this now. Pretty interesting so far.

bananabread

Oct 28, 2017
One of my favorite aspects of the channel is the live chat. It reminds me of old-school internet chatrooms full of people procrastinating their way through an education. It has a great sense of community and civility mixed with anonymity that feels largely lost from the modern internet.

Glad it's been restored!

Jul 3, 2019
One of my favorite aspects of the channel is the live chat. It reminds me of old-school internet chatrooms full of people procrastinating their way through an education. It has a great sense of community and civility mixed with anonymity that feels largely lost from the modern internet.

Glad it's been restored!

There are so many international people in the chat too, it's like a little global community.

Sieffre

Oct 27, 2017
United States

I had this happen to my account once. No notice whatsoever, no indication what the "violation" actually was, just a random ban. I appealed it, and two days later got the same "whoops" e-mail back, still with no indication of how or why it happened.

You'd think if YouTube wanted to make sure people follow their rules and guidelines, they'd let people know if something breaks them so that it doesn't happen again. Garbage-ass company.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
I had this happen to my account once. No notice whatsoever, no indication what the "violation" actually was, just a random ban. I appealed it, and two days later got the same "whoops" e-mail back, still with no indication of how or why it happened.

You'd think if YouTube wanted to make sure people follow their rules and guidelines, they'd let people know if something breaks them so that it doesn't happen again. Garbage-ass company.
I'm pretty sure Google just has an algorithm that autobans people after a certain number of complaints or flags. Opens you up to trolls or false flags like this, but it's way easier for them to say "whoops, sorry!" than it is to actually control the content on YouTube.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I love how both the ban and the unban say "after review". It's a totally meaningless piece of verbage.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Can you get banned due to the artwork? They had a fan submission of a Pikachu themed study girl the other night on their non music posts? Maybe?

Groove salad is also a good music Romp. Somafm.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I stopped listening to this when I found out ChilledCow was problematic. Can someone remind me of the details though?

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
Me: "What should I listen to for 12 hours."
*browsing*
>Inoffensive repetitive background noise to not really listen to
Me: "Perfect."