• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017

Just announced now, suspending for posting a video that incites violence.

edit: appears to only be until the inauguration.

RedSonja

Oct 29, 2017
I was wondering when they would do this. Just full of hate and propaganda is that channel.

dots

Oct 27, 2017
I am super curious about the video that triggered this.

They allowed so much to so long.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Pfft, as if the "strikes" policy applies.

BRB, flagging all of Trump's videos for copyrighted content.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
A day late and a dollar short doesn't even begin to cover it. Google's YT algorithm is a radicalization engine for fascism.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well thank goodness all of these platforms recognized how much damage this guy was doing for years conveniently all at the same time!

Roliq

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 23, 2018
If you gonna ban that shit at least do it with trash like the Quarterning

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Ok we just banned the Trump channel for 7 days. Do you think this will have any impact on us?"
"We already have 17 million extra videos from our right wing assholes complaining about the move and how it is ending society"
"Excellent, mission accomplished!"

Kendrid

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
There is a shit ton of Q content and none of the report items fit Q. I've marked channels as violent but they are still there. They need to add a coup option.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Now that YouTube has banned Trump's political channel, I can't wait for Trump's "totally non-political" anti-sjw channel whining about diversity in Star Wars and Marvel movies and posting three videos a day about Brie Larson.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think people are tuning into Trump's channel to listen to Trump news on Youtube...

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
...strike one? And that's it? A normal strike + disabling comments?

So accidentally using a copyrighted clip or song has almost the same punishment as an attempted coup lol

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
so that's trump and war room

2 down, 5000 still standing

keep the bans coming

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
youtube is literally the worst website in this regards of banning bullshit and is heavily right leaning and anti science.

I even made a thread about it before. Look at almost any recent news video in the trending section and it will most likely be heavily disliked and the comments spammed with "fake news"

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
...strike one? And that's it? A normal strike + disabling comments?

So accidentally using a copyrighted clip or song has almost the same punishment as an attempted coup lol

I mean, accidentally using a copyrighted song and not being famous.

Trump has used the work of multiple artists explicitly against their stated wishes and never been punished for it.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
did anyone catch the video that apparently proved to be the last straw? all I've seen is this summary:

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
YouTube should be banning bullshit videos like Plandemic, QAnon shit, etc because it is a public safety hazard. Not just Trump.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
It feels like these companies have an algorithm for when to cut the account. Like when indicator x goes below y value, terminate.

Handicapped Duck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
What about the other literal thousands of conspiracy Q accounts and disinformation networks on Youtube? Those are a much bigger problem than just Trump's Youtube account.

Nov 7, 2017
I've read that all that got removed was video of his speeches earlier today, not some batshit call to arms like that guy is claiming he saw.
It's fairly apparent he is lying about having seen it given his followup reply.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Just a fucking "strike" against the account? Give me a break.

Of all the tech companies, YouTube has to be the fucking worst in regards to its monetization-driven lack of moderation. It's worse than Facebook because of the autoplay algorithm hooking people of all ages into consistorial tripe. The amount of bullshit on this platform is unparalleled.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Congratulations YouTube. You managed to do the bare fucking minimum. Here is your gold star sticker and participation trophy.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Silicon Valley finding their conscious all of a sudden miraculously at the end of Trumps term