• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MatOfTheDead

May 30, 2018
Walsall West Midlands
i only really watch Funhaus,Lazy Game Reviews,Modern Vintage Gamer, Kim Justice and Larry Bundy Jnr (i know he has his issues) i sometimes watch stuff like Nostalgia Nerd or Octav1us Kitten but thats more cause of the British humor etc

PCPace

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama
Shouters. I hate people who shout and scream unnecessarily. I don't entertain that stuff any more.

Oh God I hat DGR for this. Only so much I can take of "runs into same trap a third time" or "seemingly jumps to his death on purpose" followed by " NOOOOO! NOO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" about ten times per video. But my kid loves him so I have no choice.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Anything related Overwatch since I actively hate the game now.

I decided to unsub from a bunch of Destiny 2 channels over the weekend after Bungie revealed their shitty nerfs which killed my motivation to play the game. Kept one channel for news in case Bungie changed their minds.

Just the start of my major purge of YT subs in general. Been unsubbing from a lot of other random channels I barely watch this year.

StarBot

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
  • ProJared and JonTron for... well you know
  • Extra Credits after Dan left, imo I liked his helium voice
  • I would say Etika, but technically his channel self-destruct and got removed before I could unsubscribed
  • Channel Awesome, even before the #DropTheChannel stuff happened, I was kinda getting bored of Mr.Walkers content
  • Cinemassacre, kinda exact same reason, getting bored of James content, also yeah... Mike and the rest of his gang do not fit
  • Nathaniel Bandy, ignoring the whole making light out of "trigger" jokes, his channel tagline, "striving for original content" is a joke, due to how repetitive they are, it's a shame though, because he seems like a cool dude, and you don't see alot of autistic YouTubers
  • YoungYea, again, he's seem like a nice fellow, but ignoring his slight pandering to those type of gamers, his content is extremely repetitive / circle-jerky. I do wish him the best for his voice acting dream though
  • Censored Gaming, Here's a rare example of me unsubscribing form a channel not because of the content, but because of the community, When they first got started, it was and still is simple channel explaining games changes form different regions, something I was really into when I was young, But when GamerGate become a thing, especially the whole DOA Xtreme 3 bullshit, the channel has gain a horrible amount of those types of gamers. Ironically the video themselves aren't political / don't say whatever the thing was change was in the right or wrong, they just simply show what changed, but after there rise, they tend to made more video about changes on your no-name shitty anime / pedo-bait game, rather then more submental and interesting games/series
I jumped ship when I saw the comment selection of there "How Avengers: Endgame Is Censored In Russia" video
Where it was literally people actively
agreeing the censorship at hand (rather hypocritical I would say) but also a bunch of homophobia and shit like that, it was clear that the channel community was alt-right and I wasn't welcomed there

And to this day, the channel owners haven't called these people out... (but if they did, they would loss majority of fans they manged to get, so it's there fault either way)

Video game awesome
I started watching them cause they were kinda fun and goofy. Overtime I started to dislike how the creator of the video had faulty criticism about games, whether it nitpicking about the visuals or how it plays. They also made bad racist and sexist jokes that they played off as just jokes. The thing that made me leave completely was when they complained about not getting a review copy of the game as if they had all rights for it.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Game Theory cause he stans for other terrible Youtubers too much.
Cinemassacre cause Mike Matei is a horrible person, and James Rolfe supports him (Matei is involved in every video).

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
- JonTron
- Jim Sterling
- Kindy Funny
- Channel Awesome
- Etika
- RelaxAlax

The last one stings since I really enjoyed his content, but fuck abuse. I never was subscribed to ProJared or Game Theory because their content did not interest me.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
  • ProJared and JonTron for... well you know
  • Extra Credits after Dan left, imo I liked his helium voice
  • I would say Etika, but technically his channel self-destruct and got removed before I could unsubscribed
  • Channel Awesome, even before the #DropTheChannel stuff happened, I was kinda getting bored of Mr.Walkers content
  • Cinemassacre, kinda exact same reason, getting bored of James content, also yeah... Mike and the rest of his gang do not fit
  • Nathaniel Bandy, ignoring the whole making light out of "trigger" jokes, his channel tagline, "striving for original content" is a joke, due to how repetitive they are, it's a shame though, because he seems like a cool dude, and you don't see alot of autistic YouTubers
  • YoungYea, again, he's seem like a nice fellow, but ignoring his slight pandering to those type of gamers, his content is extremely repetitive / circle-jerky. I do wish him the best for his voice acting dream though
  • Censored Gaming, Here's a rare example of me unsubscribing form a channel not because of the content, but because of the community, When they first got started, it was and still is simple channel explaining games changes form different regions, something I was really into when I was young, But when GamerGate become a thing, especially the whole DOA Xtreme 3 bullshit, the channel has gain a horrible amount of those types of gamers. Ironically the video themselves aren't political / don't say whatever the thing was change was in the right or wrong, they just simply show what changed, but after there rise, they tend to made more video about changes on your no-name shitty anime / pedo-bait game, rather then more submental and interesting games/series
I jumped ship when I saw the comment selection of there "How Avengers: Endgame Is Censored In Russia" video
Where it was literally people actively
agreeing the censorship at hand (rather hypocritical I would say) but also a bunch of homophobia and shit like that, it was clear that the channel community was alt-right and I wasn't welcomed there

And to this day, the channel owners haven't called these people out... (but if they did, they would loss majority of fans they manged to get, so it's there fault either way)
I actually unsubbed from Censored Gaming for much the same reason, but recently resubbed when I saw they were covering more of a variety of topics/games lately instead of just Anime Waifu Game #458. With the exception of a DOAX3 video from years back the host seems neutral in the videos which is good, but I know the fanbase of the channel is primarily alt-right shit-heads which are drawn by the "censorship" topic.

I feel dirty being subbed to them, honestly. I've just always been interested in the topic of media changes across the world. I wish someone else would make a better channel dedicated to regional differences.

CandySTX

Mar 17, 2018
Scotland
Mike being terrible and their knack for bringing on asshole guests is what caused me to bail from Cinemassacre, but it had been a long time coming. Rolfe went from goofy character to just feeling so fake. I'd cringe every time he'd turn to the camera and smile because it looked so insincere. He couldn't even be convincingly Angry any more.

Made me realise it was less about him and more about seeing footage of strange old games that drew in into the channel in the first place.

ferroseed168

Aug 8, 2018
Recently unsubbed from TheKingNappy (a Pokemon youtuber) after revelations about personal life, especially his treatment of other Youtubers like GameboyLuke and HoodlumScrafty. Really sucked because I started watching Youtube through Pokemon LPs around the 2013-14 (during the XY and ORAS period) and Nappy was one of my favorites. I grew out of watching LPs in the last few years but it was still fun checking out his content from time to time. Probably the only time I've felt bad about something like this happening on the internet

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I actually unsubbed from Censored Gaming for much the same reason, but recently resubbed when I saw they were covering more of a variety of topics/games lately instead of just Anime Waifu Game #458. With the exception of a DOAX3 video from years back the host seems neutral in the videos which is good, but I know the fanbase of the channel is primarily alt-right shit-heads which are drawn by the "censorship" topic.

I feel dirty being subbed to them, honestly. I've just always been interested in the topic of media changes across the world. I wish someone else would make a better channel dedicated to regional differences.
That's the thing with Censored Gaming, I'm very interested in seeing how games change from one region to another, especially historical titles, but they cultivate a pretty right-wing fanbase.

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
Gamexplain. Videos were pretty long and I kept watching them just late enough for them to no longer be relevant.
I think it just wasnt for me.

Game Makers Toolkit, Jeremy Parish, My Life in Gaming are my evergreens. DF Retro as well.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't unsubbed to KF yet but I unfollowed literally everyone involved with them on Twitter cuz their endless shilling was just unbearable. I felt like my timeline was being assaulted by constant ego stroking self-congratulating ads. Might unsub soon cuz I barely watch their stuff these days.

Glass Arrows

Jan 10, 2019
I remembered another person:

Way back when I first got into Dark Souls I was a big fan of EpicNameBro. His lore videos were a big part of me getting into the game in a bigger way but more importantly than that, I just really liked him because unlike a lot of people on YT, he felt like a well-adjusted genuine and interesting person. Our tastes in things and views outside of Souls often didn't align, but he felt like someone you could have a good conversation with at least even if you couldn't see eye to eye in the end. Eventually he stopped being as active due to the birth of his daughter and sometime after coming back to YT he transitioned to mostly being a streamer. I couldn't really disagree with his reasoning and thought he made the better move for him personally (better pay, better support, better moderation), but it made me less inclined to follow him and since he didn't really upload much on YT anymore, I figured there wasn't much point to being subscribed. So he didn't do anything wrong really, it was just time to part ways.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I remembered another person:

Way back when I first got into Dark Souls I was a big fan of EpicNameBro. His lore videos were a big part of me getting into the game in a bigger way but more importantly than that, I just really liked him because unlike a lot of people on YT, he felt like a well-adjusted genuine and interesting person. I disagree with a lot of his opinions on things that aren't Souls, but he felt like someone you could have a good conversation with at least even if you couldn't see eye to eye in the end. Eventually he stopped being as active due to the birth of his daughter and sometime after coming back to YT he transitioned to mostly being a streamer. I couldn't really disagree with his reasoning (better pay, better support, better moderation), but it made me less inclined to follow him and since he didn't really upload much on YT I figured there wasn't much point to being subscribed.

I wouldn't blame ya. He's migrated to Twitch entirely now and has only recently uploaded to YouTube with his Sekiro walkthroughs but he's been taking it real slow with those. I already lost interest in watching them atm. Might go back and watch them once he finishes them whenever.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
JonTron is the only major one I can think of. Usually I follow someone enough before subscribing to them that it kinda filters out most of the assholes and anti-feminist crybaby types.

Buyao

Oct 27, 2017
YongYea - He had some good MGS analysis vids, but then I discovered Super Bunnyhop so he kind of just fell off my radar

Maximilian Dood - I started following his channel after his E3 2015 reaction. Unsubscribed due to his DMC V reaction though lol

Deleted member 11985

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
  • AVGN - After finding out about Mike Matei's stupidity
  • RoosterTeeth/Achievement Huter's Let's Play channel - The main cast changed up too much about a year after Ray left
  • Yogscast - The main cast changed up too much when Simon went on the year long hiatus
  • Robbaz - He participated in far right memes too much during the 2016 election. Plus he used a derivative of the n-word in a derogatory manner in one of his videos around the same time
I also feel like I just lost interest in gaming YouTube channels, in general. I'm not subscribed to a single one anymore.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I stopped following gaming channels.

If I'm thinking of buying a game, I search reviews and that's about it.

I'm not interested in watching people play games. I don't care about their opinions on anything.

simtoe

Banned
Apr 23, 2019
Roosterteeth/Let's Play/Achievement Hunter (remember when they actually hunted achievements?)

There was the repetitive nature of their content, just the constant recycling of GTAV vids and the weekly Minecraft vids. Don't get me wrong, I understand they are playing what is popular because their audience watches it and that's how they get the Ad revenue, but after a certain point I just didn't care. The general philosophy I see coming from their channels looks like quantity over quality, just shove out more and more videos of the same stuff over and over again because people watch it, or latch onto the super popular thing until its been beaten into the ground, and then stick with it for another couple of years.

Then there are the corporate practices, when they got "acquired" by Fullscreen (AT&T) and it seemed like money was the only objective. I understand they are a company and they need to turn a profit, but sometimes it just seems scummy. I can remember a time when they had Sponsor exclusive merchandise for sale, but from doing a cursory glance of their store now I guess they did away with that, thank god.

Lets also not forget shitting on Jeff Gerstmann the God for his Fallot 4 review score while simultaneously WEARING PIP BOYS ON THEIR ARMS and having completed a number of sponsored videos for Fallout 4.

AND, and this one is a little more personal than the other reasons, they used to come to my local con but for at least 6 or 7 years now they haven't, and I just don't understand it. You mean to tell me you can hold your own conventions in Australia, in London, keep booths at SDCC and NYCC, but Toronto, but coming to Fan Expo in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, thats a step too far for you guys. Come on.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
LinusTechTips for me. I used to watch every one of their videos, but over time I just found Linus to get very obnoxious and annoying. He's a bit of an edgelord.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Used to be a subscriber to Balrogs gameroom. Ended up dropping his channel inspite of liking it a lot. just do to how often he rebooted the channel.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Kind of don't follow alot of general gaming youtube channels much anymore.

Theres a handful i'll watch from time to time like stuff from the former SBFP guys or i'll binge on some some game grumps every now and then. I mainly stick to YouTube creators that provide guides for the games I'm playing.

Kind of backing off Jim Sterling too, not because I think hes wrong in the overwhelming majority of cases, but I kind of don't need so much concentrated negativity in terms of output. To be fair to Jim, he wouldn't have shit to talk about if the game industry would stop doing so many shitty things.

Oct 27, 2017
Easy Allies - they're straight up boring. They're basically the mayonnaise of gaming
IGN - too many controversies and the content isn't good to begin with anymore
Giantbomb - sick of the constant negativity by several of their "personalities"

Other than that, I didn't really follow much to begin with. If I'm interested in a game now, I'll watch a few mins of it on Twitch or just use a search of it on youtube and watch random content.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Etika because he went from actually playing games to stream himself getting drunk to being a complete bigot.

Marriland because he can't take any criticism and he only posts twitch vods on YouTube as a series. Lame.

Deleted member 55822

Banned
Apr 10, 2019
This thread make me realize how many channels I used to watch, but completely forgot.

From what I remember, there's only one gaming channel I did unsubscribe, and that was...

The Bit Block
This was simply due to one of his video about "What NIntendo Should Do" during the Wii U days. It did not convince me in the slightest and it was more like "What he want Nintendo to do" The sour relationship with GameXplain afterward didn't help either.

There are other channels I dropped, but I didn't subscribe them in the first place so /shrug.
farfromsubtle : Growing out of their reaction videos.
Classic Game Room : I just forgot about this honestly. Sad to hear what happens to this channel nowadays.
Larry Bundy Jr. : No particular reason but maybe it hs something to do with the contents.
Balrogs : Due to lack of contents.

I also used to enjoy Chadtonic, but I simply grew out of his contents. (And other channels that focus on jokes/memes that I didn't likes. Like with JonTron and RelaxAlax. Though I gotta say some of his recent video are better with balancing jokes/memes) Same with Nintendo Reviewer.

I drifted from The Runaway Guys over the last several years, though I still think highly of Jon and Tim as people. With Emile...well, although the comments were a very long time ago (we're talking years here), his off-hand comments on rape in TRG's playthrough of (I think) New Super Mario Bros Wii, and also on his own channel's Pikmin videos, I think, struck a nerve that never really went away, since I rather idolized the guy back at the time. No offense meant to anyone who likes him! I really hope he's grown as a person since then, but I can't help but have some reservations. But I really hope he's a good person who just says things the wrong way sometimes, and has learned from those experiences.

Never heard of that comment before, but considering how naive Chugga can be with his wording. (Didn't know there's other meaning for "Heart-shape box", for example) And tend to make dirty joke without realizing it (but notices it's pretty bad) He was and still is a very nice guy. (and yes. More often than not, it's just him saying thing not in a normal way) And he definitely has grown, both for him and his contents.

- Nathaniel Bandy dropped his tagline years ago. Even make fun of it. (and cringe at his past self too) Beside his Trigger series. His original videos is very fun to watch and much better than his old contents, that's for sure.

- I kinda don't watch Censored Gaming probably because of that. (and its name, I guess) There's just something that never sit well with me for that channel.

Patrick Klepek

Editor at Remap, Crossplay
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Near Chicago
I don't think I've selected anyone to watch yet that has turned out to be a shithead. I do have someone that I've stopped watching, but not out of choice...

Patrick Klepek - b/c he bailed on his channel despite me loving his content, damn you Patrick Klepek come back! I need my Mario Maker mornings with Mario Maker 2! Worst part is that Patrick is a rare breed that keeps his content safe enough (most of the time) for my daughter and I to enjoy.

I'd like to do more eventually. Need time machine.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Bit Block
This was simply due to one of his video about "What NIntendo Should Do" during the Wii U days. It did not convince me in the slightest and it was more like "What he want Nintendo to do" The sour relationship with GameXplain afterward didn't help either.

How could I forget this? I remember really liking their Animal Crossing video, and then I found out what a scumbag Josh Thomas was.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
How could I forget this? I remember really liking their Animal Crossing video, and then I found out what a scumbag Josh Thomas was.
I stumbled across BitBlock in that weird time window where I could watch relatively recent/decent vids, and yet all of his newest content was bitter anger and hatred.

Oct 30, 2017
A lot of the gaming channels I used to follow have basically died out or stopped posting. It makes sense as most of the content I liked was from 5-6 years ago and YT has shifted dramatically in that time. Channels that tried to change with the times just became too loud and obnoxious. Any LPs I watch these days have to be no commentary runs because personalities are so grating.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
  • A lot of my old subs (Game Grumps, Markiplier, ProJared, Super Best Friends Play, shofu, pokeaimMD, Seraphim17, Arlo, Caddicarus, PBG, The Completionist) simply fell out of favor once I shifted to a different YT account and realized I didn't really care about watching them anymore.
  • I unsubbed from JonTron and PDP after finding out they were shitheads.
  • Some of the smaller channels I used to follow don't really post that often anymore, or have simply stopped posting. The most notable example for me was Saurian Dash, whose content I love, but he basically fell off the face of the planet about 2 years ago. I actually looked him up again just now and he posted a few videos a couple of months ago, but they're just a couple of DMC V lab videos and a video for a game called Psyvariar Delta. He hasn't posted again since then though.
  • I recently unsubbed from the official PlayStation channel since I no longer own anything PS related, so seeing their trailer feed doesn't really apply to me anymore. However, I will likely re-sub once the PS5 releases and I own it.
The only video game related channels I'm subbed to anymore are the official Nintendo channel, Game Maker's Toolkit, Girlfriend Reviews, and GameXplain.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
I pretty much only watch Scott the Woz regularly. Dunkey from time to time as well, but that's really it. Just not interested in most of the other big YouTubers' content.

pauloshinobi

Banned
Apr 3, 2018
I never followed much of the YouTube celebs. All of these thumbnails with the 'person vs game' art just repels me.

That said...

I dropped GameGrumps because they rarely manage to finish a game, Arin looks terribly sad, and I'm not interested into their other projects.

GameSack ended, but it was starting to be hard to remember them since their content started to dry up.

Also...can someone explain me about Mike Matei? What he did wrong?

PCPace

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama
I never followed much of the YouTube celebs. All of these thumbnails with the 'person vs game' art just repels me.

That said...

I dropped GameGrumps because they rarely manage to finish a game, Arin looks terribly sad, and I'm not interested into their other projects.

GameSack ended, but it was starting to be hard to remember them since their content started to dry up.

Also...can someone explain me about Mike Matei? What he did wrong?
Gamesack didn't end. They upload every week. One of the pair retired and had THEIR last video 2 or 3 weeks ago but its continuing without him. Now biweekly because there is no longer sacks play.

Mike Matei drew some really racist comics after college, I don't think he's done anything like that in over a decade but also he doesn't apologize for it because he says it was the style of edgy humor at the time. Also he apparently posted pictures of his junk.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Vaati's videos have very mediocre content but he does a good job presenting them. His Sekiro "did you know" videos were just shit everyone knew about if you actually played the game.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Oh, I remembered one...

Jim Sterling... followed him on YouTube for a while, but then he came out with a video where he appeared to have his face covered in cum... that's when I bailed.

I watch him sometimes... typically when one of his videos gets a thread here in ERA, but that's about it.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only gaming channels I follow now are Funhaus/Inside Gaming, Nakey Jakey and Lets Game it Out.

Don't know if I would count Mega64 as a gaming channel but I've followed them from pre-YouTube days and I love them.

I use to love Video Games Awesome but the Overwatch obsession and complete drop in effort from them lost me. I outgrew most other ones like Game Grumps and Rooster Teeth/AH/LetsPlay.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Gamesack didn't end. They upload every week. One of the pair retired and had THEIR last video 2 or 3 weeks ago but its continuing without him. Now biweekly because there is no longer sacks play.

Mike Matei drew some really racist comics after college, I don't think he's done anything like that in over a decade but also he doesn't apologize for it because he says it was the style of edgy humor at the time. Also he apparently posted pictures of his junk.
Wow, that ended too? That sucks, their let's plays were hilarious!

J_Atlas

Apr 11, 2019
Generally, because I get a bad impression now days, or just a bad gut feeling.

Whether it be not willing to deal with an incredibly toxic fanbase or just an abrupt bad feeling about what kind of person they are.

Sometimes you just gotta trust your gut

Col.Asher

Nov 10, 2017
ProJared..shame I liked his content

Noah Antwhiler aka Spoony: he just slowly stopped making content and when he did produce something it was of lower quality.

Game grumps: just got tired of the schtick

Jim sterling: same as above

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I've cycled a lot of Youtube Gaming channels in the background for years, and some I've dropped for obvious reasons and others simply because I wasn't a fan of the content.

Dropped for Political/Scandal related reasons:
  • JonTron
  • ProJared
  • rwhitegoose (I mostly watched because I like speedrun history, had no idea about him as a person until it became public knowledge)
  • ruaumoko (I don't know if he did anything or has said anything publicly but having a shitload of jordan peterson videos in his likes gave me bad vibes)
  • Shirrako (RDR2 fiasco, bad content in general)
Dropped because the Content shifted or I decided I didn't need to be subbed in general:
  • KimJustice (Love the content when I'm looking for it, don't need to be subbed)
  • RetroAhoy (Another appointment viewing channel, don't need to be subbed since it's niche)
  • GameXPlain (I do not need to have the sub, the content is fine and if they show up in search I'll watch but I don't really need all their vids crowding feed)
  • EasyAllies (I like them enough but another example of not needing a daily news feed or reaction feed for a medium I keep up on anyway)
  • CGR (I'll watch a video by them if I'm searching for something specific but don't need the sub)
  • VaatiVidya (Love the vids, just don't need the sub given that I both am knowledgeable about Souls Lore and don't need all the secrets or previews)
  • ManyATrueNerd (Great LPer, but again, I don't need the sub)
  • Extra Credits (Realized I wasn't watching the videos mostly, good channel with some nice content but I'd rather just click the one or two videos I'm interested in from search rather than sub)

I'm sure there are other youtubers I still watch from time to time or am subbed to that are awful, and some subs I should probably cull simply because I don't watch them enough, but that's off the top of my head.

Last edited:

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
RoosterTeeth / Achievement Huter / Let's Play

I used to watch their content religiously but when they decided to start doing let's plays every single day of the week everything started to feel the same, not only that, it was obvious they were doing content for content sake and they were just not having real fun anymore.
Something that really bothered me is that they constantly bashed on their audience, like a joke here and there is perfectly fine but it is was more like they genuinely hated us. Ray left and then it just went downhill, I don't like any of the new members, I still miss watching videos with Michael, Lindsay and Jack.

Cops 'n Crooks and early Minecraft LP still make me laugh.