• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Online only with no single player features. F2P with seasons like Fortnite where you unlock skins, characters and emotes. The "base" version has two characters only, who would be of course Ryu and Ken. You can also buy characters from the SFStore for £10-£20 depending on the character. Also got to add a Battle Royal mode.

SF6:BR.

BR mode would be the game changer for SF. 100 players jumping into a small map to fight until only one is left standing. What would set it apart from other BR modes would be that the only combat would be classic SF combat, so no guns or other weapons. It would be a huge change to classic gameplay (over the shoulder camera for example) but that's to be expected if we're adding a BR mode.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Since this is just going to be a wishlisting thread:

-Cut through the bullshit mechanics and throw it back to what made Street Fighter awesome in the first place. Bring it back to a focus on mind games and the neutral game. Distill it back to SFII Turbo, but with deeper combo avenues and attention grabbing (but still easily readable) animations/visuals to draw in those with a more passing interest.

-Bring input leniency back to SFV beta 1 levels -- whiners be damned. I can take months off of Tekken, go back, and it still feels smooth. I take years off of Third Strike, go back, and it feels fine. I take months off of SFV, go back, and it feels stiff af.

-Give an option of an "always current" version up front. Charge a fair amount for it (say, $120) but guarantee that all future characters and stages are included. (no need to guarantee how long the game will be supported for -- that's the gamble you take) At the very least, include all characters and stages in season passes. Basically, take care of those who still primarily play local multiplayer. Continue to monetize the shit out of costumes and keep FM a thing for those that like it.

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
Let's see:

- I would not create it as 'street fighter 6' but something new (a reboot / 'alpha' game or whatever), to distance it from the bad rep of sfv.
- Complete visual overhaul: no more clay characters with banana hair, no more paint motif. Maybe something like ggxrd, or something new, inspired by sf3 / sfex aesthetics.
- Include every fucking mode considered as a standard in fighting games: arcade, versus cpu (really capcom), survival (as in, the classic survival and not the crap from sfv), training (with better tutorials and options like online training from the get go), trials (combos), online arcade lobbies, etc. Include new ones as well, inspired by previous sf and other franchises, both offline and online.
- Combine the story mode with arcade mode, with diferent paths that you can take (soul calibur style, with different endings triggered by different requisites), while also giving the option to play it without any story content as a quick 'vs cpu' alternative.
- Include a shit ton of unlockables, awarded by playing any mode (by leveling up for example, or with some ingame currency, like ggxrd): some characters, colors, costumes, art, even music. Make some exclusive to certain offline modes (like finishing arcade or whatever).
- Forget sf2. Seriously, its time to move on from that.
- No FM or any shitty mobile gambling system to suck players dry.
- Make a lifetime pass which includes every character and stage released as dlc. Throw some costumes in as well.
- Sell some exclusive colors/costumes as separate dlc.
- Balance patches free for all players, with some dlc content also free from time to time.

That would be it.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Let's see:

- I would not create it as 'street fighter 6' but something new (a reboot / 'alpha' game or whatever), to distance it from the bad rep of sfv.
- Complete visual overhaul: no more clay characters with banana hair, no more paint motif. Maybe something like ggxrd, or something new, inspired by sf3 / sfex aesthetics.
- Include every fucking mode considered as a standard in fighting games: arcade, versus cpu (really capcom), survival (as in, the classic survival and not the crap from sfv), training (with better tutorials and options like online training from the get go), trials (combos), online arcade lobbies, etc. Include new ones as well, inspired by previous sf and other franchises, both offline and online.
- Combine the story mode with arcade mode, with diferent paths that you can take (soul calibur style, with different endings triggered by different requisites), while also giving the option to play it without any story content as a quick 'vs cpu' alternative.
- Include a shit ton of unlockables, awarded by playing any mode (by leveling up for example, or with some ingame currency, like ggxrd): some characters, colors, costumes, art, even music. Make some exclusive to certain offline modes (like finishing arcade or whatever).
- Forget sf2. Seriously, its time to move on from that.
- No FM or any shitty mobile gambling system to suck players dry.
- Make a lifetime pass which includes every character and stage released as dlc. Throw some costumes in as well.
- Sell some exclusive colors/costumes as separate dlc.
- Balance patches free for all players, with some dlc content also free from time to time.

That would be it.
I'm not sure how naming it "Street Fighter VI" would be a bad thing. It's not like the series is damaged to the point where a reboot is needed.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how you'd do it, but gameplay that feels like SF2 or SF3: 3S is the key to making sure the casuals can mash happily and the hardcore 30 year players can enjoy the game from top to bottom. No more stubby normals, no more AA jabs, no more randomly not-invincible dragon punches, no more command grabs with zero range, no more hits that don't tick like they have for literally 10 iterations of SF, no more walling off standard character mechanics behind MP+MK to justify a "new mechanic"...none of that.

TBH, SFV's gameplay and graphics don't need much changing at all...it just needs to be allowed to have people enjoy playing the game (and possibly even have some minimal success playing) even if they don't make maximum/optimal use of the various subsystems in the game.

And yeah...it's gotta be named Street Fighter 6. SF *is* fighting games. That brand isn't tainted at all.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Go the MK route of spending a shit ton on visuals and meaty single player offerings with cool secrets and unlock. Gotta spend big to earn big.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Sora Ltd. is just Sakurai & his wife. And while I respect what he's done for Smash, I don't think he's a good fit for something like Street Fighter (despite his SFII background).
Thinking more about this, I wondered if Director > Producer, or Producer > Director?

If Producer > Director, then Sakurai may have full control over most, if not, all teams involved in the development of Street Fighter 6.

It's the enthusiasm and dedication to perfecting the finer details, those quality assets are what I'm looking for in a new Street Fighter game. And then let other teams handle the animations, balancing, game engine, game mechanics, and character assets.

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
Okay so this is a big question, my first thought would be to make something else like a sole capcom all stars (like a fighter or like power stone) or if more SF focused then a two on two tag team street fighter dream battle that is essentially non-canon but jam packed with characters from all the games and the wider lore.
If it has to be a Street Fighter 6 then I'd just call it "Street Fighter"
  • have it set far into the future, either 2016 or 2021 and the setting is a 25th (or 30th) anniversary world warrior tournament has been created with invitations sent out across the world to both new and old fighters, the secret behind the tournament would actually be the remnants of the Illuminati run by someone who was only a child when Gill was in charge
  • Have cinematic trailers revealing new characters, especially for returning characters, establishing what they've been doing/why they enter, I have a great idea for zangief that I'll share if anyone wants to hear it.
  • Rival Schools characters. Here is where I'd add RS characters into the sf universe although some stories and designs may be different (for instance making Hinata Sakura's daughter)
  • Main characters being the new generation, primarily Mel and his sister (in my headcannon ken has another child)
  • Include a ton of single player content, arcade mode, survival, trial, challenges, story mode, dramatic battle mode, world tour mode where you can improve your stats and fight as totally broken levelled up versions of each character in it's own online. Phantoms mode, but like the KI phantoms meaning if a player teabags irl then even its phantom will teabag you. Finally have puzzle fighter be a fun little addition added in as a mode.
  • Fight money returning renamed Bison Dollars, with the system completely reworked.
  • A DHC system for the game where you can cancel from one super into another, if needs be have it more like alpha (multiple supers no ex's) than sf3 (ex's but one super)
  • have a better social hub for players and casuals making it easier to share tech, find out when tournaments are happening etc etc (perhaps a separate app made in conjunction)
  • 3 versions of the game, a free version which rotates it's free characters on a fortnightly basis with only vs, training and inline accessible. A cheaper version of the game called "Tournament edition" which comes with all characters and stages as well as limited single player content (like just puzzle fighter mode or something) and finally the full priced game that comes with everything
That's all I can think of, off the top of my head

edit: Graphically have it be re engine/hyper realistic or failing that have it be similar to arc sys, where it looks like a suped up version the animated movie

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I model the characters like their Alpha incarnations. No more stony-faced fat asses with Twinkie fingers and toes.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All hand drawn 2D sprites
Don't make the game impossible for people who don't invest 1000 hours perfecting frame perfect combos
A real training mode

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A new graphics engine that doesn't have the worst hair of the current generation and characters clipping through their necklaces, beards and even their chins.

Better proportions for the ladies. I'm fine with Mika being thicc, but Chun Li's gazongas are ridiculous. It's almost Soul Calibur Ivy levels.

Juri's massive chest upgrade is also silly.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Actually give it a big budget. Balance it for e-sports, but don't create the entire game to revolve around e-sports. THE ESPORTS WILL HAPPEN ON THEIR OWN. I'm not saying that Capcom shouldn't host and support the tournament scene, but that it shouldn't be the primary focus in planning and development. Look at games like smash, which were intentionally made to be party games and not esports. The thing is, smash has a huge fanbase, so the esports scene creates itself. Same with earlier versions of Street Fighter. Just focus on making a good, polished, high quality, big budget game, and the sales and success will follow. Look at how well Monster Hunter sold, with tons of free content and minimal DLC. They can and should still charge for additional DLC characters, but throw us a bone with some free costumes and stages.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I model the characters like their Alpha incarnations. No more stony-faced fat asses with Twinkie fingers and toes.

When's the last time you actually took a look at SFA

SFA3_M._Bison.gif

SUPARNOVAX

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
What if they just give people Capcom vs SNK 3 instead? I think we are due for another cross over title soon. Unless the rumors are true that they are gonna repolish MVC:I?

SNKP has 3d assets (KOFXIV) now and that could be a great foundation to build upon for a potential CVS3.

Honestly, the way the game is right now for SFV, they could polish it some more and for a next main title just use high resolution models for SF6 on Playstation5. When you perform critical arts or view the win/loss screens, the game zooms in and it's like the highest detailing of models before the camera zooms back out into lower polygon scaled versions to maintain 60 FPS. That can serve as a baseline for SF6 in 4K resolution :D

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What if they just give people Capcom vs SNK 3 instead? I think we are due for another cross over title soon. Unless the rumors are true that they are gonna repolish MVC:I?

SNKP has 3d assets (KOFXIV) now and that could be a great foundation to build upon for a potential CVS3.
They aren't because the art styles couldn't be any more different. SFV character are over the top muscular, KOF14 characters are slim and slender.

For CVS1&2 Capcom didn't use any SNK sprites, they created their own. Same with the Tekken models in Street Fighter X Tekken. It just doesn't work that way.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As if you wouldn't see posts saying exactly that on ResetERA.

You absolutely would. Just look at any Octopath Traveler thread pre-release.

All hand drawn 2D sprites
Don't make the game impossible for people who don't invest 1000 hours perfecting frame perfect combos
A real training mode

I don't know how much easier people want SF to be if you think that the game is "impossible" unless you "invest 1000 hours perfecting frame perfect combos."

At some point you have to realize it's a you problem and try a different game.

But I guess even Smash is too complicated for people now.

Just cancel the genre, tbh.

caylen

Publisher - Riot Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
santa monica
Pretty simple:

-It's Cap vs SNK 3, either in feel, or it's actually just Cap vs SNK 3
-Move to a FIFA/Madden model - annual $40 or $60 disc, contains updates from previous years, no $ for new chars midyear (but cosmetics are fine)
-Monthly balance updates, with focused sprints on individual characters vs a broader balance strat
-An on-device (LAN friendly) tournament lobby, complete with bracketing, bespoke controller test prior to first champ match
-Regular online weekend tournament for both individuals and "guilds"
-The only three songs are the Guile Theme, Indestructible, and This Is True Love Making and no we will not be selling additional songs

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
First I would make sure the game is multiplatform. It feels like it being exclusive to just the PS4 was a shot in the foot on top of launching way too early when it felt like you only had half the actual game (and even more limited if you didn't play online. The fact there was no arcade mode at launch was probably the biggest insult Capcom could have mustered against players. Say what you will about MvC: Infinite, but at least that launched in a finished state (even if it's good name got dragged through the mud with functions).

Above all else, treat the game in the way that it should always be treated: A game for everyone, rather than a game for the elites. It was because of that approach that caused people to avoid SFV altogether. Really for as much about the actual game we can talk about, Capcom spent too much time planning out how they were going to get the game out there before that and it felt like it tripped over itself and fell down a flight of stairs at launch.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty simple:

-It's Cap vs SNK 3, either in feel, or it's actually just Cap vs SNK 3
-Move to a FIFA/Madden model - annual $40 or $60 disc, contains updates from previous years, no $ for new chars midyear (but cosmetics are fine)
-Monthly balance updates, with focused sprints on individual characters vs a broader balance strat
-An on-device (LAN friendly) tournament lobby, complete with bracketing, bespoke controller test prior to first champ match
-Regular online weekend tournament for both individuals and "guilds"
-The only three songs are the Guile Theme, Indestructible, and This Is True Love Making and no we will not be selling additional songs

I'm gonna be side-eyeing Riot from now on.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Change up the visual style. None of this shitty 3D character models. Hand-drawn characters. Or go back to the style of Street Fighter Alpha 3.

Dec 15, 2017
SFA3 levels of single player content.
SFIII graphic style or better, no more 3d models, just sprites.
SF EX OST, jazz fusion + rock and electronic music. 1 stage per character or per 2 characters. Specific song for each stage.
Killer Instinct/Injustice 2 tutorials or better.
Cross play between every platform under the sun.
Stop pandering to the FGC, they will play the game anyway.
No more F2P shenanigans, I'd rather pay for DLC from time to time to get all (and I mean ALL) content.
Seal a deal with Arika to bring some of their fighters back, like Allen, Kairi or Hokuto.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
A story mode that's just buddy cops El Fuerte, and Hakan solving cases for the SF characters. The theme song is a cop show type take on Indestructible.

I guess there'd also be competitive multiplayer, but I'm going to be too busy with the story mode to work on that.

Mandatory "Dizzy Chicks" titles for every character.

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
I mean... You said change the grounded fighter into anime games way less popular than sf. Lol
Oh trust me, I knew it would come my guy lol. Admittedly, I fell off the series around the time I discovered Guilty Gear XX for the first time. Thing is, I still like the franchise for some of it's characters, I just don't care for that style of play anymore, and it's also not fun for me to watch.

Now to give my previous "blasphemous" comment some context, I didn't mean get super crazy with the "anime"; but personally, I feel that games like Marvel Infinite or DBFZ ar just more entertaining to play/watch because of the nature of those titles. I feel like those things work well in getting some of those casual players interested in these titles, cause these games look crazy and bombastic, on top of allowing casual players to play in that crazy nature. I should note however that i'm not for simplifying button inputs and what not, I don't think fighters need to be THAT simple.