• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What would you do if you saw a nearby stranger browsing ResetEra?

• Excitingly start a conversation with them about how great ResetEra is and that we should hang out.

Votes: 18 2.1%
  • Bring it up if I happen to engage in casual conversation "Oh hey, I noticed you were browsing Era.."

Votes: 52 6.0%
  • Do nothing, a person's browsing habits are their own business.

Votes: 387 44.6%
  • Avert my gaze, slowly move away from the person, and hope I never have to meet them.

Votes: 255 29.4%
  • Approach them, say "this one's on me" with a wink, and hand them a copy of Thor 2: The Dark World

Votes: 155 17.9%

• Total voters

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
resetera? Never heard of her

giphy.gif

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
The closest I came to this was when I got to hang with Wario64 at the Uncharted 3 event at the Metreon in SF.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
I think whether I say anything to them depends on whether or not it's the weekend. I can only assume Era members are as weird on the weekends in person as they are online.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
To me era is just another website. I wouldnt say anything just like i wouldnt say anything to someone i saw on any other website that i happen to visit.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I've introduced myself when I've seen people browsing here at PAX.

Had great conversations with the people.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Polls never have what i'd actually do.

1. Check their login for a username
2. Depends on who they are but probably edge away quietly and hope they never saw me

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't say anything and mind my own business most likely. But maybe I'd be a little creep and try to see what their username is :P

People use all kinds of social media/sites (reddit, twitter, etc) and I don't think ERA is too different or special. But I do wish more people were into message boards/forums, because they're really fun. I personally wouldn't mind if one of y'all approached me in public. I think it would be cool.

If we're standing or sitting like right next to each other for a long period of time I might say "how's it going?" and slowly introduce myself, and if they're nice I'll bring up the ERA thing. That would be a really rare "waiting room" interaction, though.

Last edited:

MR2

Apr 14, 2022
I'd ask them how far has gaming come in the past 30 years, then immediately regret my decision.

Blairbat

Oct 29, 2017
Sacramento, California
Going to go against the grain here and say there are a lot of cool people here on Resetera. Really generalizing to just immediately avoid someone who uses the forum just because of some bad Pineapples.
I might say something if we are just chilling and already talking to each other, but I wouldn't just straight up walk up to someone and make a comment about it. Like they probably wouldn't even care I use the site anyway. Like why would they care you know.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Going to go against the grain here and say there are a lot of cool people here on Resetera. Really generalizing to just immediately avoid someone who uses the forum just because of some bad Pineapples.
Yeah that's kind of weird to me, but maybe people are just memeing. It would be wild to be active somewhere where you don't even like most of the people.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
if I'm feeling nosy as fuck, I'm gonna try and see their username and keep it moving.

but likely I just keep it moving.

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If I see you browsing Resetera in public, I'm going to start shrieking and pummel you relentlessly with my hands and feet. I'm going to bite at your lips and nose.

I need you to know I am the alpha browser.