• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would you do if you saw a nearby stranger browsing ResetEra?

• Excitingly start a conversation with them about how great ResetEra is and that we should hang out.

Votes: 18 2.1%
  • Bring it up if I happen to engage in casual conversation "Oh hey, I noticed you were browsing Era.."

Votes: 52 6.0%
  • Do nothing, a person's browsing habits are their own business.

Votes: 387 44.6%
  • Avert my gaze, slowly move away from the person, and hope I never have to meet them.

Votes: 255 29.4%
  • Approach them, say "this one's on me" with a wink, and hand them a copy of Thor 2: The Dark World

Votes: 155 17.9%

• Total voters

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
I put on my robe and wizard cap and ask them if they'd like to join me for a $30 Italian meal

IimQik9.gif

Stath

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Mar 4, 2022
There's no way, since I'm not convinced I wouldn't get snapped at and told to fuck off. Hell no.

To make it true to life I would walk up to them, and tell them whatever they're about to post will be shit, and not bother.

I'd also make it clear I was assuming they were American and male, regardless of what they looked like.

hahaha!

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
I would ask them who their favorite avatar, er I mean poster, is. I would then ridicule them if they didn't answer "scientist dog"

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Man, I once saw a guy buying the same obscure manga as me and I said "hey we have the same tastes" and he looked at me like I discovered some horrible secret of his and it was awkward.

No fucking way.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I don't think I'd say how great Era is but I'd definitely strike up a conversation immediately. I always approach anyone with gear for a sports team I like on or tell someone cool shirt if they have on a gaming or anime one, etc. With this scenario I'd probably say hey I'm sorry, I couldn't help but notice the purple on your screen or something like that which prefaced it with somewhat of an apologetic manner.

Man, I once saw a guy buying the same obscure manga as me and I said "hey we have the same tastes" and he looked at me like I discovered some horrible secret of his and it was awkward.

No fucking way.
Don't let one person ruin it for you! It can be hard to make friends as an adult.. common interests are really the best way. It could result in a new friend or if nothing else, you might make someone's day. I know I'm always excited if something like this happens to me.

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
"Bidet! Eating ass! Elden Ring! Italian meal! I'm an expert! Nintendo Direct! Waffle stomp!"

*runs away laughing*

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Make a thread.
"So I saw this person browsing era during lunch today, they had on a green shirt and some jeans. I bet they're reading this thread right now. Why you eating chicken bitch?"

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I don't think I'd say how great Era is but I'd definitely strike up a conversation immediately. I always approach anyone with gear for a sports team I like on or tell someone cool shirt if they have on a gaming or anime one, etc. With this scenario I'd probably say hey I'm sorry, I couldn't help but notice the purple on your screen or something like that which prefaced it with somewhat of an apologetic manner.

Don't let one person ruin it for you! It can be hard to make friends as an adult.. common interests are really the best way. It could result in a new friend or if nothing else, you might make someone's day. I know I'm always excited if something like this happens to me.

I appreciate that but man, my social anxiety went away for one second and I got shot down.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I'd be surprised enough to maybe say "Hey, ResetEra, nice" and give them a thumbs up but it would absolutely need to be in passing and I'd have to be in motion as to cut down on the chances of it turning into a conversation.

AvianAviator

ā–² Legend ā–²
Jun 23, 2021
I'd think to myself "oh cool that guy is browsing resetera!" and then go back to browsing resetera lol

Full Nines

Apr 10, 2018
I actually did run into a guy at my local library browsing Era on one their computers maybe a month or two before the pandemic. He was the only one at the tables and without really thinking about it, I just said "Oh, ResetEra, huh?"

He kinda flinched and said something like, "Yeah but just for like gaming news. I don't like the other side much." Fairly normal conversation otherwise, just chatted about game stuff for a minute (I was renting a game from there). I don't recall actually mentioning our usernames, though. Maybe he'll recognize this. Hello, green shirt guy!

He also pronounced it like "et cetera." Is that right...? I always thought it was Reset Era.

Oct 28, 2017
I would say nothing.

Reminds of the one time I wore one of those Neogaf shirts to work and this one middle aged looking guy kept staring at it.