• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would you do if you saw a nearby stranger browsing ResetEra?

• Excitingly start a conversation with them about how great ResetEra is and that we should hang out.

Votes: 18 2.1%
  • Bring it up if I happen to engage in casual conversation "Oh hey, I noticed you were browsing Era.."

Votes: 52 6.0%
  • Do nothing, a person's browsing habits are their own business.

Votes: 387 44.6%
  • Avert my gaze, slowly move away from the person, and hope I never have to meet them.

Votes: 255 29.4%
  • Approach them, say "this one's on me" with a wink, and hand them a copy of Thor 2: The Dark World

Votes: 155 17.9%

• Total voters

Salmonax

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
I've seen it before at airports, on planes, and a restaurant, but just chuckled. It could be someone on my ignore list, which grows bigger by the day, so I'll never say anything.

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
The correct option is to create a thread saying "Someone in front of me is browsing Era! What do I do?".

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Honestly I'm very shy and socially awkward but I would comment on it because it seems like a fairly sure thing to have something in common between us and a good opportunity to meet others. But it also wouldn't happen where I live.

Way, way, way back in the day I did see another student browsing GAF but I didn't approach them, but I also wasn't as lonely back then lol (05, 06 probably).

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Try to peek at their username and then decide if its worth opening a conversation or not lol.

Oct 27, 2017
I think the first choice is much higher than is being represented and I think the "avert my gaze" is under-represented

Depending on my mood I might say something

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I would assume they're just checking it out to make fun of it in some other context/community.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I am so unlikely to get along with the vast majority of this place based on the negativity I see here. So moving away would be my preferred move.

aett

Oct 27, 2017
Northern California
Ignore it. Throughout my life, any time I've tried to bring up a potential shared interest ("cool shirt", "what game are you playing", etc.) with a stranger, it has never lead to anything more than an uncomfortable "thanks" at best.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
If they're using the dark theme, I say hi
If they're using the light theme, I call the police

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I rubberneck to find out their username. Then DM them something vaguely creepy like "I like that red shirt you wore today 😏" with zero followup.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
Considering the hygiene threads on here, it's probably best to keep my distance

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
When I was at EVO 2016, the guy I was gonna play round 1 in Pokken was waiting with me, and I glanced over and noticed he was browsing the old place on his phone. I asked him was his username was and he said he didn't have an account, just lurks. In retrospect that was a lil cringe because I normally consider it impolite to look at someone else's phone and if it happened again today I'd probably say nothing.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
I don't like to talk about poop in public so I'm headed the other way.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm gonna start citing (verbatim) the OP in the thread about which species of primitive humans Era would fuck.

You're welcome.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
To make it true to life I would walk up to them, and tell them whatever they're about to post will be shit, and not bother.

I'd also make it clear I was assuming they were American and male, regardless of what they looked like.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Maybe some small talk about it. Weird people even think it is a bad thing to be a member of Resetera. Nothing written on this board is way out of line of other boards besides being hard on people being pieces of shit.

I would be embarrassed to view or say I was a member of 4chan way before this place.
No one wants to admit they're a socially awkward nerd scared of talking to strangers, so saying that everyone else is too weird to talk to makes them feel better.