• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would you do if you saw a nearby stranger browsing ResetEra?

• Excitingly start a conversation with them about how great ResetEra is and that we should hang out.

Votes: 18 2.1%
  • Bring it up if I happen to engage in casual conversation "Oh hey, I noticed you were browsing Era.."

Votes: 52 6.0%
  • Do nothing, a person's browsing habits are their own business.

Votes: 387 44.6%
  • Avert my gaze, slowly move away from the person, and hope I never have to meet them.

Votes: 255 29.4%
  • Approach them, say "this one's on me" with a wink, and hand them a copy of Thor 2: The Dark World

Votes: 155 17.9%

• Total voters

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Whenever I find myself in a long checkout line, sitting in a waiting room, etc, I usually will pull out my phone to casually check up on the current threads going on in this forum. I assume this is a common practice among posters here, which got me thinking over time what I would do if I happened to bump into a random person who was also browsing ResetEra, or if someone noticed that I was browsing this forum while doing my daily errands.

I was wondering has this scenario ever happened to anyone here? Is there a secret IRL handshake members need to know?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I rarely, if ever, engage random strangers in conversation like that. I don't think there's any way to bring up "I recognize that video game forum" in casual conversation with a stranger without coming off like a total psycho.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
i honestly do not think i would get along with the majority of people on this forum

i think i would end up punching an era person in the face sooner or later… joking, maybe

actually come to think of it we seem to have a ton of german members and being german myself i feel like this is inevitable i will meet one

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Happened to me within the first month we opened actually.

Person wasn't a member though.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
The exact opposite happened to me back while I was at EVO 2016 - someone recognized that I was viewing GAF while waiting in line to buy merch. I wonder if he still posts here?!

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
I'm always afraid of this on the subway. I don't want one of you weirdos asking me about the Nintendo Direct thread in an enclosed space.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I already don't just start talking to others even if I see that we have extremely similar interests, sooo yeah no, especially with how big ERA is, it could be anyone, or worse, the people who hate-browse it.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
I only interact with other Resetera Gold members. An alert pops up on my phone through the Resetera Gold app, we do our secret handshake, we hail satan and go our ways as countless generations of Resetera Gold members have done before us.

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't strike up a conversation with a stranger over it.

Although I do have some random DVDs of Thor 2: The Dark World in my backpack, so I picked option 5!

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
I saw someone on Era when I was waiting for a Tube train once, but I never spoke to them.

I'm sure they were a member, but who knows?

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I've never come across a stranger in real life who knows of ResetEra or was browsing it.

I hope it stays that way.

Forever.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I once saw fat4all in line browsing era, but when I tried to talk to him, he just kept saying "huh?" while munching on his hot Cheetos brand dog kibble.

Lamiafusion

Nov 24, 2017
I'd slap them in the face screaming "I'm Fat4All and you just got dawged down!" while running away

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I saw somebody at a concert once browsing the old site. I don't think they were a member though.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can barely stand most of yall just looking at a screen. You REALLY think I want to meet any of you IRL?

cyress8

Avenger
Maybe some small talk about it. Weird people even think it is a bad thing to be a member of Resetera. Nothing written on this board is way out of line of other boards besides being hard on people being pieces of shit.

I would be embarrassed to view or say I was a member of 4chan way before this place.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Alternatively I ask if they'd be interested in joining the ResetEra house that I'm making for all Era members to live in and will surely be a utopia

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Happened when I went to the Fire Emblem fest in Japan, just decided to mind my own business lmao