• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

You must choose!

• Leftover pizza from last night (6 slices left)

Votes: 299 61.6%
  • Unopened mystery Chinese takeout food someone left in the fridge

Votes: 6 1.2%
  • There's a burger place just around the corner! (But they're awful...)

Votes: 10 2.1%
  • Who left this freshly baked taco in my socks drawer?

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • Well, all I have is two slices of bread and bit of cheese...

Votes: 39 8.0%
  • Fuck it, I'll just have cereal again!

Votes: 77 15.9%
  • I'm too worried about the long drive to eat now, I'll figure something out later...

Votes: 49 10.1%

• Total voters

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
You have at most 20 to 30 minutes to eat something before you go do something important in another city and the only choices are my poll options. Which do you go for?

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it on purpose that the poll has one good option then all the rest are either objectively bad or at least dubious? Pizza is the only non-joke answer to your poll.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
This is why you always order a bigger pizza than you can eat. Free food for the next day!
Also because buying huge pizzas is significantly cheaper!

A 14" pizza is double the size of a 10" pizza (especially when you consider that the 10" pizza has a larger crust:pie ratio), but only costs a few dollars more.

10" - 78.5 sq. in.
14" - 153.9 sq. in.

OP
OP
Max|Payne

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Is it on purpose that the poll has one good option then all the rest are either objectively bad or at least dubious? Pizza is the only non-joke answer to your poll.
Apart from the burger place (they're awful!), the rest of the food options are edible. Chinese takeout no one has eaten from, bread and cheese, a taco someone just baked and delicious cereal? All perfectly legit food choices!

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Apart from the burger place (they're awful!), the rest of the food options are edible. Chinese takeout no one has eaten from, bread and cheese, a taco someone just baked and delicious cereal? All perfectly legit food choices!

You call that Chinese takeout "mysterious" and it's not yours, bread and cheese is sadder than the $30 Italian meal and the taco was in your sock drawer. I would watch Thor 2: The Dark World on super-super-super-fast forward rather than any option that isn't the pizza, except maybe the cereals but it's still nutritionally inferior to pizza and, arguably, to Thor.

OP
OP
Max|Payne

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
You call that Chinese takeout "mysterious" and it's not yours, bread and cheese is sadder than the $30 Italian meal and the taco was in your sock drawer. I would watch Thor 2: The Dark World on super-super-super-fast forward rather than any option that isn't the pizza, except maybe the cereals but it's still nutritionally inferior to pizza and, arguably, to Thor.
That's why I put the pizza option, duh!

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pizza is the most appealing option but 6 slices for lunch is a big meal. I'll have a cheese sandwich so I don't become a chubber.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Definitely cereal again, I've had multiple bowls of cereal in a day before. It's quick, easy, delicious, and makes me poop good. Where's the downside?

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
You have at most 20 to 30 minutes to eat something before you go do something important in another city and the only choices are my poll options. Which do you go for?

20 to 30 minutes for lunch would be normal for me. I just grab something from the fridge and eat on the hoof if I need to. Two slices of bread and a hunk of cheese works fine in an emergency.

Don't knock cereal. Shredded wheat or oatmeal porridge are simple meals that always work well.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
k28HrTK.png

shame

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
what do you wash your lunch down with?

a) an ice cold can of Coca-Cola.
b) whatever's under the sink
c) the last 8th of purple mouthwash
d) water from the dog dish (the dog is standing right there)
e) mystery bottle with skull and crossbones on it.

always Coca-col...wait what was your answer?

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
I'll have the euro struggle sandwich, but then again I'm eating that every day, even when not in a hurry.

Orin_linwe

Nov 26, 2017
Malmoe, Sweden.
My absolutely quickest meal would be a diced tomato or two in a bowl with a package of big, white, rinsed off beans. Drizzle some good olive oil, vinegar and sea-salt on top and it's done. It takes 1 minute to make. If I have a bag of mixed-sallad I'd of course use that too, and then I'm more than 2/3:s of the way to the type of lunch/dinner I actually eat almost daily, anyway.

If I have a little more time than that, I can make a big cup of tea, and two slices of toast with a fried egg on top of each (that I top off with a few drops of ketchup) in almost exactly 6 minutes.

And that's going to be filling for at least 4 hours, if not more.

Both of these options are incredibly quick, very low-cost, have a long-lasting satiation-effect, and are generally "healthy", (depending on what wonky metric you use to judge that).

Last edited:

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
Can't relate cause the burger place around the corner from where I live is actually really good.