• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Fuck the lot of them. How fucking idiotic do you have to be to think that someone fell asleep while you having excessive forced used upon them?

edit: Christ, just watched the video. The minute the cop put his knee on the guy's back it should have been obvious to anyone with half a brain that it wasn't a safe maneuver. Of course applying that much pressure is going to make it difficult for someone to breathe.

The worst case scenario for cops in the US is that they're racist. The best case scenario for cops appears to be that they're just shitty at their fucking jobs.

Last edited:

fleet

Jan 2, 2019
echo the sentiment of most posters here. and also want to contribute that this was an unjustified murder of a schizophrenic man. it is a long disproven myth that schizophrenic people are dangerous and unpredictable. this is awful.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
God I just can't really watch this shit anymore. After 31 years on this planet seeing stories like this pop up over and over again, it's completely drained me. I have a knot of anger in my soul toward the apathetic people who enable this shit to continue. You'd think we as a society would expect more from an institution where employees occupationally have a right to kill citizens, but I guess that doesn't matter. The monsters in the legal system from these gross grunts to prosecutors and judges continue to exist and destroy human lives. If this is how it's gonna continue then the disgusting cops and their cowardly co-workers aren't entitled to any respect. As an institution, law enforcement has squandered trust and authority.

Police are shit. All of 'em.
Couldn't have put it any simpler. And to anyone thinking about praising the friends and family that they know as cops need to actually be asking what those supposedly good and righteous cops are doing to curtail this. Every time someone spouts "Not All Cops" they never actually address why those cops stay so fucking silent in the wake of incidents like these. If your relative is a cop that isn't active and open in addressing this inhumanity then they deserve the distinction of being a bad fucking cop. Turning a blind eye to these incidents is not brave or heroic or praiseworthy.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
I see a lot of hate for the police in here, which saddens me a bit as I cooperate with a lot of good cops in my line of work. There are bad cops for sure but to say that all of them are evil garbage? That's a bit too far.

And I'm not from the US so I cannot speak for the conditions over there.
man shut the FUCK up

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I see a lot of hate for the police in here, which saddens me a bit as I cooperate with a lot of good cops in my line of work. There are bad cops for sure but to say that all of them are evil garbage? That's a bit too far.

I mean, the fact that cops as a whole aren't up in arms over these bad actors is enough to make them bad themselves. They have no oversight and we're at the mercy of them fixing this mess themselves.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the fact that cops as a whole aren't up in arms over these bad actors is enough to make them bad themselves. They have no oversight and we're at the mercy of them fixing this mess themselves.
Yep. Their silence is effectively support, and they are all complicit.

I am also really fucking angry that our representatives aren't making a total reform of law enforcement a major issue, in general. THIS is a national emergency.

Oh, wait. The 2nd Amendment means that we "need" to have emotionless kill machines as "protectors" because every black or brown person is "going for a gun!" or guilty of being not-white. Sort of synonymous.

Oh, wait. A cop has a pretty good chance of being our next Democratic Party President.

Oh, wait, America is a fucking sinkhole when it comes to human rights among first-world countries. It's almost like it was built on genocide and slavery. Oh, wait.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017

First, like electroshockwave said, if you don't live in the US then you should actually listen and learn the context of why people are saying it. It's been pointed out by several minority writers throughout the bulk of US history that law enforcement here is invested in perpetuating oppression. That cops aren't a neutral force but an institution built by and staffed with people interested in protecting a certain status quo. If the institution was actually fair and empathetic toward citizens then it wouldn't have so much trouble not only exposing it's bad apples but holding them accountable & wiping them from the job lest they break public trust.

Second, pretend for a moment that you or someone you love is in fatal condition at a hospital. The doctor assigned to your case is rude, aloof, doesn't listen to your requests, and overall is just a negligent doctor with zero empathy toward your position as a patient. When he's away you report to the nurse and he tells you about how several patients have died under the doctors care. Patients that would have had a chance with a competent doctor at the helm. Later you file a formal complaint to the board of directors. Despite your efforts, they do nothing. They don't even respond. Simply let the doctor go on to "treat" you despite the significant amount of care that you actually need in such a dire situation. You tell each and every nurse and doctor on the floor you're on about the negligent doctor and they also do nothing. Simplest thing would be to simply take your case away from the negligent doctor but nobody does that or even suggests it. These doctors should have a responsibility no? They took a job to save and heal people and should be driven to give you the best possible treatment but they do nothing. Everyone else is a great doctor but they are suddenly cast in a different light when you see that they don't actually care about your plight enough to do a single thing about it.

This analogy is reflected in US law enforcement. People who have the access and opportunity to change the institution for the better in the wake of tragedies like this don't actually take that first step let alone put in any effort at all. It shouldn't be the duty of citizens like Black Lives Matter to fight to change shit like this but they are forced to fill the empty vacuum where cops themselves should be the ones being outraged at the behavior of their co-workers. Yes there are cops that are good at their jobs but that alone doesn't make them good people. Citizens have the right to expect much more when law enforcement touts about protecting and serving. If protecting and serving is the goal then addressing and removing these "bad apples" matters just as much as arresting a killer or stopping a robbery. People aren't interested in calling cops bad just to be rebellious or to mimic gangsta rap lyrics. People call them bad because they do bad things and enable that bad behavior to continue nearly unopposed.

Last edited:

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Don't call 911 for health or help. You'll rolling the dice. Get stuck with a 100k ambulance bill or be murdered by cops who are supposed to help you.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
They killed a man on video
joked about
received a paid vacation

and their only punishment was being told not to make the police station look bad

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pinning a lot of this on the paramedics. They were fucking there when he passed out. There was 5 mins between bp test and giving him a sedative.. a sedative while he was already not awake. Then the paramedics did fuck all the entire time.

Seriously, WTF.

Oct 2, 2018
Those cops, don't pull this shit

The hell is ths3t supposed to mean?

I meant physically what triggered his death. Didnt look like asphxiation. Maybe a heart attack?

"It's just basic science: People can be essentially suffocated to death when they're lying on their stomachs in a prone position and there's weight on their backs compressing their chest and diaphragm," Heipt said.

I guess its asphyxiation.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
At this point, it's a given cops are in the best of cases indifferent, and like in this case, outwardly violent with a disregard of human life.

However, the judge that dismissed the charges, the police chief keeping them on staff...etc. Its not about the cops, they are assumed to be assholes. The system that gives them a license to kill, that needs to be taken to task

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Fuck the police! ALL OF THEM!

Also you can just feel and see the anger from that paramedic. Didn't even repeat himself, just stared at the pig.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Considering Dallas actually has a good reputation for its police I imagine this will be heavily reprimanded. At least I hope so. Holy shit this is scary.

Oct 26, 2017
I am in the middle of Serial season 3, and the shit about cops they cover on that podcast is downright scary. I honestly don't know if cops will ever get better.

Cops lie for cops
Unions protect cops
Prosecutors and judges go easy on cops

How do you tear the system down to fix it?

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
(warning, video contains the victim already deceased)
These cops were cracking jokes on top of a dead man, what the hell is wrong with this world

Last edited:

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Cops are fucking disgusting. I hate to generalize, but if the "good cops" outnumbered the bad cops like they love to say, the bad cops would eventually be weeded out by the "good ones." I'm not holding my breath.

All I get from these stories is that entire precincts are full of compliment assholes that look the other way, or actively protect their peers. That's not being a good cop. Period.

Oct 26, 2017
Here's the thing about the whole "these are just some bad apples" takes, the Dallas DA saw this video (or worse didn't bother) and decided to drop the charges. So where are all these good cops, whom I'm told are the majority of cops, calling for these cops to fired and charged with manslaughter at the least? *crickets* so who are the good cops then?

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the thing about the whole "these are just some bad apples" takes, the Dallas DA saw this video (or worse didn't bother) and decided to drop the charges. So where are all these good cops, whom I'm told are the majority of cops, calling for these cops to fired and charged with manslaughter at the least? *crickets* so who are the good cops then?

They post anonymously on internet gaming forums about how no cop they've ever known or worked with would tolerate this behaviour from other officers - and they're lying.

CHUNKYBOWSER

Nov 13, 2017
Osaka, Japan
All. Cops. Are. Bastards.

There's only 1 type of cop that's good....
Seriously? Why is this kind of hate tolerated on this forum?

Can you really say that every cop is a racist, despicable bastard that deserves to die?

It amazes me that people on this forum are so quick to call out people for stereotypes and prejudice, but they turn a blind eye when it comes to the police.

Yes, there are many corrupt and horrible cops out there, but saying all cops are trash is no way to fix the problem.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019

Can you really say that every cop is a racist, despicable bastard that deserves to die?

It amazes me that people on this forum are so quick to call out people for stereotypes and prejudice, but they turn a blind eye when it comes to the police.

Yes, there are many corrupt and horrible cops out there, but saying all cops are trash is no way to fix the problem.
Fuck your "not all cops" bullshit. Where are the good cops calling out those "few bad apples" when they do some shit? Nah man, fuck that bullshit.

Oct 26, 2017

They are either all corrupt or complicit, and one begets the other.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017

Sara didn't say they all have to die or that every cop is racist. What a lot of cops are is apathetic to the monsters that exist within their ranks. If you or cops want that opinion to change it takes those supposedly good cops actually holding their peers accountable. Also being police isn't like sexual orientation or gender or race. It's a job. A job that can be done well or can be done poorly and that's it. Cops aren't entitled to be respected just because they take the job. Cops have to earn that respect and like I said, they've already squandered trust by defending and ignoring officers just like this. The job is to protect and serve not only in specific moments but all the time. Cops should be dogged about pursuing every crime and criminal and not just those that don't involve people without a badge. Addressing pricks like these cops is just as important as every other aspect of the job. If cops were actually invested in changing the system they work in no one would go through the trouble of calling out and mistrusting them. People don't want to hate police. They hate police because their institution does the bare minimum and expects to be praised while shit like this goes on within their ranks.

Last edited:

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Why did I find this thread before bed, I seriously need to limit what I do before sleep. WTF police, WTF to their fellow officers and paramedics who were there, WTF judge, WTF to anyone who was complicit to this senseless, brainless murder.

CHUNKYBOWSER

Nov 13, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Fuck your "not all cops" bullshit. Where are the good cops calling out those "few bad apples" when they do some shit? Nah man, fuck that bullshit.
Sara didn't say they have to die or that every cop is racist. What a lot of cops are is apathetic to the monsters that exist within their ranks. If you or cops want that opinion to change it takes those supposedly good cops actually holding their peers accountable. Also being police isn't like sexual orientation or gender or race. It's a job. A job that can be done well or can be done poorly and that's it. Cops aren't entitled to be respected just because they take the job. Cops have to earn that respect and like I said, they've already squandered trust by defending and ignoring officers just like this.
They intended to say "The only good cop is a dead cop". So yes, they did say that.

There's around 800,000 cops in the U.S. Yes, some of them may defend the actions of officers like this, but can you honestly say that, in a sample of 800,000 people, all of them would defend the actions of the monsters in the video? I think it's significantly more likely that some are speaking out but simply not being heard.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
"I hope I didn't kill him"
"Hahahaha" *Chorus

Makes my blood run cold. They have absolutely no regard for his life or death, that's past scary. It's sociopathic.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017

Someone made an excellent post about 3 hours before you posted this nonsense.

Couldn't have put it any simpler. And to anyone thinking about praising the friends and family that they know as cops need to actually be asking what those supposedly good and righteous cops are doing to curtail this. Every time someone spouts "Not All Cops" they never actually address why those cops stay so fucking silent in the wake of incidents like these. If your relative is a cop that isn't active and open in addressing this inhumanity then they deserve the distinction of being a bad fucking cop. Turning a blind eye to these incidents is not brave or heroic or praiseworthy.

Last edited:

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
They intended to say "The only good cop is a dead cop". So yes, they did say that.

There's around 800,000 cops in the U.S. Yes, some of them may defend the actions of officers like this, but can you honestly say that, in a sample of 800,000 people, all of them would defend the actions of the monsters in the video? I think it's significantly more likely that some are speaking out but simply not being heard.
Yeah and? It's not the business of citizens to consider the what if scenarios about the cops who don't encourage this shit. This guys family and the families of the hundreds on hundreds of people dead from police brutality and not avenged by the legal system aren't obligated to be satisfied by a rough estimate of cops that are "good". At the end of the day, we are citizens and law enforcement has the position to take away freedom and lives. They are beholden to the higher standard. They have to make the case to be trustworthy. They have to make the case for their supposed heroism and bravery. The onus isn't on us to be nicer to them. The onus is on them to be better.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, "only good cop is a dead cop" is cool and readily defended here now, stay classy resetera.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
That's horrible, I thought he lived. I mean it's horrible either way, but I thought there was a silver lining.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017

Cool. So it should be easy to find cops who are at the forefront in demanding justice for what took place in this video. After all, this makes the good cops look awful.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
A good cop would be one that has stood up for the victim in this case. Can you point us to who that is?

I'm all for standing up for good cops. Point me in their direction.

Well according to the hateful rhetoric you are defending, they can only be found in graveyards, so I would start there.