• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

unknownspectator

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How do you bring it back to the modern generation?

With me, I would do a soft reboot. I would keep Turok one and two in canon but completely remake and rewrite 3. I mean, Oblivion was kind of a disappointment IMO. I would also remaster turok rage wars cause damn, I loved that game.

In regards to level design, keep the branching paths and the key system, bring back classic characters, in short just keep the elements that made fans love this series.

what say you resetera?

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
You really wanna hand Capcom the rights to turok ? I mean uhh to me ?

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'd cut ties with everything in the past and have Respawn reimagine what Turok can and should be.
This would be my suggestion as well. Turok needs a game with fast action, great traversal options and a cinematic feel. I wouldn't necessarily make it first person, I think third person could work really well. Something like the new Tomb Raider games crossed with Titanfall 2.

Edward850

Software & Netcode Engineer at Nightdive Studios
Verified
Apr 5, 2019
New Zealand
Any news on Turok Rage Wars? That was my first Turok (and N64) game and I love that game to death
As it's not an announced title I'm not allowed to report on anything like that, sorry, you'd need to find someone in biz-dev and pester them :V (Please don't actually pester people in biz-dev). Though personally I'd love to do a port for Rage Wars due to the lack of arena shooters nowadays and with Crossplatform multiplayer being a very accessible feature on the horizon, it'd be grand.

Food for thought, though: Unlike the other Turok titles there was no PC version of Rage Wars. This means that any work towards Rage Wars would have to start at completely reverse engineering its assets off of an N64 ROM. Processes like this can make such ports harder to start.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I'm not allowed to report on anything like that, sorry, you'd need to find someone in biz-dev and pester them :V (Please don't actually pester people in biz-dev). Though personally I'd love to do a port for Rage Wars due to the lack of arena shooters nowadays and with Crossplatform multiplayer being a very accessible feature on the horizon, it'd be grand.

Oh man, I would love if you guys could work on that. Rage Wars was heavily criticized back then because it was a mostly-MP focused game, but I feel it would fare better nowaways if priced accordingly and with online MP, and crossplay, it would be awesome.

Thanks for your reply!

Oct 27, 2017
I think the reboot had the right idea in that 1 and 2 were a product of their time and that they translate badly into modern times. The problem with the reboot was that it rebooted it into something bad.

On the top of my head I would maybe do something like Far Cry just with dinosaurs and from the open world you can enter some dedicated levels that resemble the labyrinthine nature of the prequels but in shorter, more digestable doses.

No idea how the actual gameplay should look like though. Maybe something that resembles Doom 2016?

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd model an enemy based on my avatar: A Raptor riding a T-Rex with a cowboy hat and whip. A RaptorRex, if you will. Nothing else will matter if that bad boy is in the game.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Not sure if you're joking or not but this made me laugh a little and seconds later I realized how much I would love Turok weaponry in a BR with dinosaurs sprinkled around the map to add chaos.

OH MY GOD

Can we get that game?
Not joking. I would seriously love to have a crazy Turok BR game with Dinos running around. Hell, if you die, you spawn as a Dino and you hunt down the other players. Like a BR infection mode.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So like

You see what they did to modern wolfenstein and doom?

Do that.

Also a bonus VR game because it would be terrifying.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
One of three things:
  • Make an Alien Isolation-style horror game where you can never actually kill most dinosaurs in the environment
  • Make an asynchronous multiplayer game where one or two players play as various dinosaurs against a multiple (x3, x4, x5) of other players who are human hunters of various classes
  • Sell the rights to Jawmuncher so they can make a Dino Crisis game in all but name in lieu of Capcom doing so

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Three words...

Turok: Dino Rider

BFkLbhn.png

Mar 30, 2019
Not sure if you're joking or not but this made me laugh a little and seconds later I realized how much I would love Turok weaponry in a BR with dinosaurs sprinkled around the map to add chaos.

OH MY GOD

Can we get that game?
You know what? After thinking about it dinosaurs should be the new hip zombie trend. That would kick all sorts of ass if there was a dino mode.