• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which ones do you remove or ask to be out?

• Lettuce

Votes: 415 21.1%
  • Tomato

Votes: 825 41.9%
  • Onions

Votes: 666 33.9%
  • Pickles

Votes: 849 43.2%
  • Cheese

Votes: 246 12.5%
  • Mayo

Votes: 773 39.3%
  • Ketchup

Votes: 550 28.0%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
Onions are the ones that I remove unless they're caramelized, grilled, or served in anyway that isn't just raw onions in a ring.
I don't hate onions but god I don't want that taste to stay in my mouth for fuckin 12 hours.

KorrZ

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Glad to see so many people are on the fuck tomato bandwagon.

I don't mind a bit of tomato if it's thinly sliced, but I never purposefully ask for it. Realistically you usually end up with multiple thick ass slices of tomato that are nasty as fuck and ruin the texture of the burger.

So it's safer to just say fuck em.

Oct 30, 2017
tomato ruins like 95% of burgers. especially if it's anywhere near the bottom, good lord.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
No mayo please. Worst topping there is. On a sandwich I'd remove the ketchup and replace it with mustard. Everything else is dandy!

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All of that is fine? I voted Tomato because sometimes you can get really bad ones but even those are fine usually haha

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
Voted Ketchup because, well, most Ketchup is just too sweet and is best served in great moderation, but if prepared right I'd vote "None".

And good Mayo is the condiment of kings! Heathens!

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
Mayo is trash and absolutely takes away from the flavor of a burger. Also, a good way to add excess calories and fat on something that's already fatty.

On traditional sandwiches I like mustard(spicy mustard when available). Oil and vinegar on Italian sandwiches mmmm.

I usually do without ketchup on burgers, because again, if you're eating or better yet making a good burger, ketchup just takes away from it.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Just mayo, because it's nasty. When I go to Wendy's or McDonalds (which is rare), I make sure to order the stuff that is guaranteed to not have mayo, like the BBQ burger and the double stack at the former, or the double quarter pounder at the latter.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Some places use trash pickles and/or tomatoes. But, assuming each item is of average or higher quality, leave em all on.

LOAD THAT BITCH UP

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone working in hospo atm, tomato and pickles are def the most popular items people pick out/hold. Personally out of that list I'd only want no ketchup because there's way better condiments to choose from instead and mayo isn't that offensive.

mojo

Oct 25, 2017
What is it with American fast food places where they think everything needs mayo on it by default? Here's this bbq brisket sandwich that we put mayo on like wtf?

Rad

Oct 26, 2017
Mayo and ketchup. Mayo because of pointless calories (and most places just put too much) and ketchup because fuck ketchup.

Jun 26, 2018
Tomato slices ruin food for me, it tastes really awful and completely overrides any and all other tastes present.

Prefer without pickles, but I can deal with it.

Edit: Seeing all these anti-tomato posts has truly made me feel like I'm in the right place, thank you 🙏

Last edited:

SunBro

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Well, ketchup and tomato are clashing ingredients so i would get rid of them. But otherwise, these are great - must have ingredients.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Every thing besides cheese. I like my burgers with just a patty and cheese

• Lettuce and Onions are fine on burgers but I still would rather prefer it without them
  • Ketchup and Tomatoes are fine normally but bad as burger toppings
  • Mayo and Pickles are disgusting in any form

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm fine with any and all of those toppings, but my ideal burger is just cheese and mayo.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Mayo and ketchup out, pickles on the side usually just because they're so overpowering.

Edit: also bad tomatoes are terrible but if they're actually good ones then I like them on burgers

Oct 27, 2017
I can easily remove pickles from most sandwiches myself. The fucking onions though. Depending on how they're cut and positioned they get all up in the crevices of everything so I'd have to sit there for minutes trying to find them all before I can even taste the sandwich.

Edit: The worst feeling for me of all though when it comes to this is when I'm finally done picking them all out. Feeling real good about myself. Ready to eat the sandwich. I bite into it and feel that familiar awful crunch of an onion. Skeeves me the fuck out.