• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which ones do you remove or ask to be out?

• Lettuce

Votes: 415 21.1%
  • Tomato

Votes: 825 41.9%
  • Onions

Votes: 666 33.9%
  • Pickles

Votes: 849 43.2%
  • Cheese

Votes: 246 12.5%
  • Mayo

Votes: 773 39.3%
  • Ketchup

Votes: 550 28.0%

• Total voters

Idle Talk

Oct 25, 2017
Tomatos RUIN the entire texture of a burger. They create a wet, mushy mess.

They do not belong on burgers!
Also pickles overpower everything else on a burger, so those don't belong on burgers either

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Raw tomatoes taste like the solid form of water that has been collecting in a tire full of mosquitoes.

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
Ketchup is what comes to mind when someone says poverty. The smell and taste elicit feelings of grief and a hatred for those "slumming it" with the condiment most of my childhood meals consisted mainly of.

Also mayo is bad.

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
Mayonaisse is literally vomit inside a jar. Please keep that disgusting, foul smelling filth away from anything I'm meant to consume, thanks.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
Mayo. That glop ruins a burger. Everything else is fine. Maybe add mustard and go light on the ketchup.

Casualcore

Jul 25, 2018
Where in the world am I eating that I don't trust the head chef to create their dishes with the flavors they intended? If I don't want ketchup, and that burger is listed with ketchup, I order a different burger.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Tomato always

Sometimes lettuce

I used to hate mayo but like it now

Everything else is fair game

Absolutely no to pineapple for the monsters

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
I'm not picky so I don't change a thing. So weird to see people hating basic food ingredients like they were served shit in a bun.

Also : Americans believing the tasteless, colourless chemical paste they are used to is real Mayonnaise. So funny.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I enjoy eating tomatoes in so many ways, but on a burger they are disgusting and vile.

Onions are a mixed bag. Cooked, they are amazing on burgers. But I don't want to crunch into them and/or get that raw onion taste.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Ketchup is the only one, it's too damned sweet, and I have grown to dislike it in any amount larger than like a little itty bitty taste

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I eat it all, sounds like a great burger. If it was a burger prepared by someone else that is. If I did burger myself then it would have less toppings for convenience and so the overall ingredients would be cheaper. I'd leave out veggies first.
Some of y'all are crazy aggressive about some of the foods you hate lol...
I hope it's a perfomance, maybe it's not since this is a gaming/geek forum afterall. People can be bit mental.

Deleted member 4452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm okay with mayo/ketchup, but I'd much rather have mustard. Everything else is all good, the more the merrier.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I usually nix onions, because they can be super overpowering and just dominate the whole taste of the sandwich. Often find myself picking off a little lettuce, too, because restaurants have a tendency to go buck with it.

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Not a fan of raw slices of tomato.

I don't consider myself a picky eater. It's one of the only commonplace food items that I just don't enjoy much.

Some people don't like pickles and onions. I have asked for EXTRA of those before. We all have our tastes.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
tomato is a game changer in a burger and I'm always disappointed when one isn't included

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Where in the world am I eating that I don't trust the head chef to create their dishes with the flavors they intended? If I don't want ketchup, and that burger is listed with ketchup, I order a different burger.
It's a burger.

Sandwiches in general are some of the most customizable food items on the planet. The whole point is to have it your way since it's so easy to just add or remove a topping. Burger King (fast food aside) chose that slogan for a reason.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
and all of the predominately white island nation.... *checks note* ...Japan?
Haha.

Also, I know the Dutch use it in fries, but the person called mayo out itself, not the usage case!

Also if I *had* to choose it'll be pickles but they're still good in a burger so long as it's freshly made.

Oct 27, 2017
GA, USA
Mayo and pickles should not only be removed from sandwiches/burgers, but should be removed from reality. I just can't stand lettuce for some reason, so it's out. Tomato and onion can be good (especially fond of onion rings), but I remove them more often than not. Sometimes I'll get ketchup, sometimes not. I'll never remove cheese though. Not everything is better with cheese, but I'll never turn it down.

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
Pickle and mayo definitely. Ketchup, too, because I didn't order a burger to have something sweet.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mayo and ketchup are lesser condiments but both do have their place in/on certain dishes. Not on sandwiches, however! (well, mayo in rare cases)

If you have juicy veggies such as tomato on your sandwich, there is no need for a any kind of sauce at all.

Oct 25, 2017
Mayo and ketchup are both vile, drop them. Cheese is whatever, but I'm lactose intolerant, so it has to go. Add mustard, and a drizzle of olive oil to what remains and I'll be happy.

Oct 28, 2017
Raw onions are an IBS trigger and I don't trust any restaurant or fast food joint to sauce a sandwich for me. Usually there's a huge disgusting sauce blob somewhere on the burger and when you bite into it, it is game over. I don't mind a thin layer of sauce, just applied as evenly as possible.