• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which ones do you remove or ask to be out?

• Lettuce

Votes: 415 21.1%
  • Tomato

Votes: 825 41.9%
  • Onions

Votes: 666 33.9%
  • Pickles

Votes: 849 43.2%
  • Cheese

Votes: 246 12.5%
  • Mayo

Votes: 773 39.3%
  • Ketchup

Votes: 550 28.0%

• Total voters

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ketchup doesn't belong on most sandwiches. Honestly tomatoes in general don't. It works for some things but generally they just soggy up an otherwise good sandwich.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
The only thing that will ruin it for me is the mayonnaise.

But if I was being needlessly picky I would remove everything but the pickles.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
I chose mayo, ketchup, and pickles. I wouldn't want ketchup on a deli sandwich, I wouldn't want mayo on say a reuben, nor would I want pickles because they would get old really quick if they were on everything. The rest is fine.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
I can sometimes deal with tomato on a burger but my preference is no tomato and no pickles

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Such a timely thread. So I've always hated the taste of pickles, and always asked to take them off when ordering. The other day I went for a burger but forgot. I bite into it and I feel the pickle but it didn't feel as bad as it has ever felt in the past. I might start leaving pickles in

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
I dont take any of those off unless its ketchup on a sandwich.

Very light on the mayo, though. Too much is nasty.

Darkonda

May 23, 2018
I'm ok with everything. Just don't go hardcore with the onions
KF5fPl5.jpg

BlaringHonoredItaliangreyhound-small.gif

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
Lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese, mayo.

And mustard.

Thats my goto combination.

edit: holy fuck why is cheese so low.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Whoops I thought it said mustard instead of mayo. Mustard sucks, mayo is fine.

I remove tomatoes because they suck, and pickles because they overwhelm the taste of the other parts of the burger. Pickles are very hard to balance in a burger and I don't put them on my standard burgers.

Lettuce, onions, ketchup, cheese, mayo. Good combination.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tomatoes with salt, sugar and vinegar (ketchup) is great.
Tomatoes with some seasoning and under cheese or on pasta, manifico.
Tomatoes prepared in certain salsa is delicious.

Otherwise I stand by my statement.
I shall tolerate your blasphemy against tomatoes for now...You monster.

gblues

Oct 25, 2017
Tigard, OR
Mayo isn't a burger topping. You put it on the bottom half of the bun so the bun doesn't disintegrate from the meat juices while you're eating it. You'd only put it on the top half if your burger doesn't have anything else to protect the top half of the bun from the same fate.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
I like all of these, and they work well together. The burger would be diminished by their absence. I'd prefer mustard to mayo, however.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Plain other than pepperjack, swiss, bacon and a fried egg. Fuck those other condiments. If I'm grilling my own burgers, I put onions in the meat before grilling but I never use them as additional condiments.

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
No mayo. cheese maybe depending on my mood. But I definitely need EXTRA ketchup on the side no matter what

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mayo is fucking gross and impossible to remove without taking out ketchup/mustard. My other choice was onion. I don't like them unless they're grilled or cooked in somewhat where they're not crunchy anymore.