• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Don't know what I'd bring back, but Veronica Mars is an easy pick for cancel. 2nd season was decent & 3rd season wasn't devoid of the occasional good moment, but the 1st season was still drastically better than everything that followed and ties everything up nicely (complete with a "Pick who she ends up with" tease at the end).

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
American television trade offer: I give you Loki, you give me Carnivale.

Anime trade offer: I give you Komi, you give me Grand Blue Dreaming.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Gimme Community where Dan Harmon wasn't fired in season 4, and it got ten seasons and a movie.

In return you can take most things. I'm ok if in this universe we don't get Rick and Morty.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
Revive The Mick

Cancel The Goldbergs (somewhat likely it will be soon anyway, but I could think of many other shows I would sacrifice for The Mick).

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
Bring back Firefly or The Dark Crystal, cancel Star Trek Discovery. I do like Discovery despite some really stupid writing in the previous season, but I'd gladly give it up for either Firefly or Dark Crystal.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Can I do an exchange sort of thing?

Sacrifice seasons of a season for the same amount for another show?

Easy answer would be bringing back Legend of the Seeker and keeping Legion to one season.

Shin Kojima

Oct 27, 2017
I'd cancel American Gods and revive Carnivale.
Actually that's cheating because American Gods turned to shit after se1 so I'll cancel Cobra Kai I guess.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
This one is gonna be a hot take buuuut.

Allow Enterprise to have its full run. The show genuinely got better too late.

Cancel Star Trek Discovery.

Krauser Kat

Oct 27, 2017
Being back The Dark Crystal, cancel Stranger Things. I like Stranger Things fine, but I don't see it ever wowing me or picking up substantial hype for me again, whereas The Dark Crystal absolutely could've nailed at least one more season.

Bring back Venture Bros, cancel Rick & Morty. Venture Bros is undoubtedly the superior series, and even though the time between seasons could be bad the seasons themselves never disappointed. Also, no more Rick & Morty fans, so you're welcome Earth.

Bring back Home Movies, cancel Bob's Burgers. I just really liked Home Movies.
at least we are getting one more movie to close out the series of venture bros.

I would cancel everything currently running on a showtime for Quarry to have enough time to morph into the noir kill of the week show, like the books got to.

Abaddon

Oct 25, 2017
Bring back Dark Matter - Show had a rocky start, especially when it started at the same time as Killjoys which was instantly fun, but it built itself up into something I really enjoyed. Shit went sideways in the last scene of the last episode with a great cliffhanger for the next season, then they cancelled it.
Cancel Stranger Things - while I'm looking forward to s4, s1 would easily work as a self contained piece.

Creepy Woody

Nov 11, 2017
Australia
Bring back Mindhunter, fuck it was good, I'd trade any show to see them do more investigations, see more talented actors take on later serial killers they haven't interviewed like Jeff Dahmer.

I don't have any other show to cancel, I don't watch much tv and none I like are still running, they either finished or got axed, so guess I luck out. Just bring back Mindhunter, stop cancelling good shit Netflix for fuck sake.

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Bring back Mindhunter, fuck it was good, I'd trade any show to see them do more investigations, see more talented actors take on later serial killers they haven't interviewed like Jeff Dahmer.

I don't have any other show to cancel, I don't watch much tv and none I like are still running, they either finished or got axed, so guess I luck out. Just bring back Mindhunter, stop cancelling good shit Netflix for fuck sake.

Mindhunter wasn't canceled I think, it's on hold.

Been trying to think of an show I would want back but can't really think of anything I want badly enough to cancel another show I like...

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Bring back G.L.O.W.
Cancel Stranger Things.

I like Stranger Things a lot but it's been long-enough since S3, and S3 was so good anyway, that I don't need it to come back. G.L.O.W. has a lot more unresolved issues with characters and had more story to tell.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Revive Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj
Cancel The Problem with Jon Stewart

NewBlood

Alt account
Banned
Jan 18, 2022
this is easy. i just cancel Simpsons early for whatever the hell I want to go longer. lol

Oct 25, 2017
The void
Don't know what I'd bring back, but Veronica Mars is an easy pick for cancel. 2nd season was decent & 3rd season wasn't devoid of the occasional good moment, but the 1st season was still drastically better than everything that followed and ties everything up nicely (complete with a "Pick who she ends up with" tease at the end).
I hated season 4 with a burning passion - I think it killed the series lol. I'm all for cancelling Veronica Mars early (after season 1 or 2). I'm all for more Kyle XY but I wasn't really digging that spiritual guru/messiah angle the creator wanted the show to go in after S3 so I will throw my vote in for the OA to be revived.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I hated season 4 with a burning passion - I think it killed the series lol. I'm all for cancelling Veronica Mars early (after season 1 or 2). I'm all for more Kyle XY but I wasn't really digging that spiritual guru/messiah angle the creator wanted the show to go in after S3 so I will throw my vote in for the OA to be revived.

My mind had completely blocked the fact that Veronica Mars got a Season 4. I watched the first episode and noped out really fast.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
+1 on the Carnivale love. Would have killed most shows to get more of that. Game of Thrones is too easy a target with how it ended up so take Farscape - and I fucking loved Farscape when I was younger. Sorry younger me but older me wins out.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
My wife just came up with the ultimate series to cancel early - Heroes. Season 1 was so good and then the writer's strike happened and the second season fell completely apart. Didn't hate the mini-series that they did after the fact, but not much would have been lost if it had just ended after the first season.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Can I cancel The Flash after one season to revive Firefly? I really like the first season of The Flash.

May 26, 2018
It contains rape. You are hereby warned.

gizmodo.com

The Firefly Episode We're Really Glad Joss Whedon Didn't Get to Make

Last night's Firefly reunion special on the Science Channel contained the requisite amount of love for the spaceship that Joss Whedon and friends built. And for the fans — the greatest moment is this brief snippet where Gina Torres says, "There's nothing like a scifi fan. Like warm honey, poured...

Jesus Christ. Season 2 was going to
gang rape Inara? Bullet dodged there.

jimtothehum

Mar 23, 2018
Dark Crystal would be great for another season, but that show would have to get pretty depressing by the end.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm going actually try to make this hard for myself, (but easier for Jermain Clement)

Bring back Flight of the Conchords.

Cancel What We Do in the Shadows.