• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which would you choose?

• Monday

Votes: 486 26.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 11 0.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 353 19.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 0.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 996 53.5%

• Total voters

Vyse

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Monday feels like an easy choice, powers up my Sunday and gets rid of Monday, it's interesting seeing so many that want the long weekend take out Friday though since that's a day I feel fine about unlike Mondays.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably switching to a 4 day week soon and I'm going to pick Friday. Wednesday is tempting for the whole work two days, off a day, work two days, off two days aspect. Three day weekends every week is too tempting though.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wednesday - split that week in half and not have to work more than 2 days in a row.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
As someone who does have Wednesday off, I can say it is pretty sweet. It breaks the week into two two day chunks with either a one or two day in between.

Of course, peart of the reason that Wednesday is nice is that everything is open, but most people are at work, so I can go do things when very few people are out and about.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who used to work a 4 day work week, having Monday off is great. There's so much you can get done on a Monday compared to a Friday due to less people being out and about.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I'm already off every Saturday and Sun

So I'll go for either Monday or Friday for the third day.

I voted for Friday.

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
I've I'm working my current schedule where I get Monday and Tuesday off, then I'd tack on Sunday.

If I had Saturday and Sunday off like a typical work week, I'd choose Friday.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
If I worked 9-5 then Monday easily. While everyone else takes Friday off, I can chill with an entire day to myself while everyone else works and spend all day working on projects.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Monday feels like an easy choice, powers up my Sunday and gets rid of Monday, it's interesting seeing so many that want the long weekend take out Friday though since that's a day I feel fine about unlike Mondays.

Same here. I don't like working Mondays for this reason - I really wish companies would consider Tuesday-Friday!

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
I hate working consecutive days as much as possible so given the choices it would be Wednesday.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I'm taking Mondays off. Friday is already kinda a low key "cruise into the weekend doing minimal work" day so I'd rather eliminate my shitty Monday.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
assuming for monday holidays they give me Tuesday, ill take Monday

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Depending where I was living. If I was in Houston where my in laws live then probably Tuesday. A lot of places to eat we like there would have deals on Tuesdays during the day, I assume to bring more business in during slow days. Also 2 cinemas we go to there have deals on Tuesdays as well with one of them having tickets to movies for $5-6 on Tuesday for any film as long as it isn't opening week.

In the UK I'd just take a day between Tuesday to Wednesday off as it generally is a quieter time to go out to places and have less kids around as well as less people in general making doing things quicker.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Fridays are short days for me anyway so I would rather take a Wednesday and split the work week in two with a day of rest in the middle to chill down.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
Monday, easily.

I don't mind working on a Friday since it's usually quieter, and I'm typically going out for drinks on a Friday so it makes sense to work that day.

Wednesday could potentially work to break up the week, but I see more benefit with a longer weekend.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I work in IT and tried the 4-day-week with Friday off at first for a while. Decided to switch to Monday. Usually I'd get under pressure on Thursday to finish some stuff and often still used parts of my Friday off to finish it and when I didn't I felt bad on Friday. With Monday off, the new tasks/schedule for the week begins on Tuesday for me and the week has a hard end on Friday with everyone else.

+ you still get to share the lazy Friday feeling with everyone

+ you get the "it's Sunday but work does't start tomorrow" feeling

Last edited:

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
All about Wednesday and 2 days then a break in the middle. Don't need Friday off because after Friday Night, after work, I got Saturday and Sunday to rest and be ready for Monday.

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
If I was younger I would pick Monday because Sundays are fucking wild where I am from. It's the Sunday night most of the service industry staff is off and many don't work Mondays since it is typically slow. So Sunday Fundays can be a fun time of debauchery.

But I'm an old and boring office guy now so I pick Friday because productivity is shit in my office on Fridays as it is, and I already often duck out for the day at or just after lunch.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
I'll take Monday because everyone else is likely to pick Friday. So I'll take Monday off and enjoy a skeleton shift on Friday.

Cherubae

Oct 31, 2017
Beaverton, Oregon, USA
I already work a 4-day workweek at my office job (8-hour shifts, Mon-Thu). It is pretty nice compared to when I worked at another company that was a 5-day work week. You might assume that the extra weekend day means more leisure time, but that's not the case at all. It just lets me scatter other responsibilities over an extra day rather than trying to cram yard work, etc. into only two days per week. I'm just as busy Mon-Thu as I am Fri-Sun.

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
I have Friday and Saturday off, so I'd take Sunday, but assuming I had the weekends off, I'd add Friday. Really though anything is fine. There's something to be said for Wednesday, breaking the week up and giving a mid week break.

d-psipher

Oct 25, 2017
A job in the past did this. I chose Wednesday. Greatest decision I could've made. Time off every two days. I could do whatever I needed to do on Wednesday and it was easier because most people where at work.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Because a lot of places have chill Fridays, mood is just different too, because of the upcoming weekend.

I am also surprised that the majority chose Friday and not Monday.
I think the only issue is that a number of holidays already fall on Monday so you probably already get at least three Mondays off a year already (let's just say MLK Jr Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, etc).

I agree Friday is normally my chillest day of work but if it isn't it can be hell and basically ruin one of your weekend nights. I find I often don't have enough energy to do social things after a week of work on Fridays. The Wednesday option is intriguing but I think having the block of 3-days for quick trips is better overall.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Wednesday; you basically get two mini weeks. In my experience I get a lot more, both in and out of work, out of weeks where a holiday falls on a wednesday than when it falls on any other day. I think people overestimate the usefulness of three day weekends versus the opportunity to refresh and relax (or get other stuff done) in the middle of the week.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
I did have this at my last job and I picked Thursday.

Going back to work for one day is great and it's Friday which means, usually, nothing is happening anyway.

It's almost like having a four day relaxation.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Because a lot of places have chill Fridays, mood is just different too, because of the upcoming weekend.

I am also surprised that the majority chose Friday and not Monday.
There's absolutely no reason to believe you would get "chill Fridays" in a Tuesday-Friday week but not "chill Thursdays" on a Monday-Thursday week. Either the four days are full work days (becausr, well, you're already getting one extra day off), or the last day is indeed shorter / more relaxed regardless of what Norse god it's named after. :P

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
I already follow this schedule and decided on Fridays. Enjoying a four day off weekend now!

Master_Funk

Oct 25, 2017
Monday for sure. I have no problem working on fridays since the weekend is the next day but Mondays are ' in fact , the WORST.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Friday, always. My weekend starts a day early this way. We have a hybrid schedule:

in office Mon and Wed or
in office Tue and Thur

everyone works from home Friday.

I chose in office Mon and Wed....and it seems like everyone else chose in office Tue and Thur. And I love it. Its only 2 of us on my schedule, and a rarely see them. I love that empty office feeling so much.

And this week, with the holiday I will be at home Mon and Tue, the other folks will be in the office on Tue, and Thur. I only go in 1 day this week.