• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Nina Simone - To Love Somebody
It kicks off with a cover of Leonard Cohan's Suzanne that I consider better than the original. It's beautiful and full and Nina makes every cover her version.

SWV - A Special Christmas
''Tis the season and all that, but this album always takes me back to being with my family. Since moving away from home I play it randomly throughout the year just to get that good warm feeling. Each track is a Christmas bop.

Michael Jackson - Off The Wall
I fuck with disco Mike heavily.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
If an album has necessary skips, then again multiple ones, I'm probably not gonna spin it.

That said, Frank Ocean's "Nikes" may as well not exist. Luckily it's the first track and the rest is fantastic.

Coyote Zamora

alt account
Banned
Jul 19, 2019
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Wu-tang Clan - Enter The 36 Chambers
Raekwon - Only Built For Cuban Links

SirThou

Oct 27, 2017
Blu & Exile - Below the Heavens
Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of the City
Awolnation - Megalithic Symphony

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not a huge no-skip person, but I pretty much never skip any songs on...
Tame Impala - Currents
Tame Impala - Lonerism
CHVRCHES - The Bones of What You Believe

thecowboypoet

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
source.gif

Specifically:
Blood on the Tracks
Blonde on Blonde
Time Out Of Mind.

Deleted member 10612

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I only buy albums, never singles. Last time I did that was the "maxi-CD" of Mr. Bombastic...

While it's not anywhere near my top3, I always think about AC/DCs back in black album as a prime example of a complete record. Much like the movie Predator it's perfectly done with what it sets out to be start to finish.

Only two record I can remember where I have disabled tracks are Tools fear inoculum and that talking stuff on Eminem's Kamikaze.

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
• a perfect circle - mer de noms
• Too - Ænima
• Bonobo - black sands
• Apocalyptica - shadow maker
• Kamelot - ghost opera

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Blink-182 - Enema of the State; Classic after classic and they all flow so well. Anthem is the only dude but it is luckily the last song and the rest of the tracks are all fire. Youtube link.

Night Witch - Who's Next; Incredibly short, incredibly passionate album where you can feel the frustration and anger. Youtube link.

The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band; This whole album is their magnum opus and I will fight anyone who says otherwise. Youtube link.

OgGu1rT.png

valuv

Oct 25, 2017
I think a more interesting thread would be albums you love but have to skip at least one song on. I'd imagine most people's favourite albums are also no-skip albums.

Chubnasty

Banned
Sep 26, 2019
I think a more interesting thread would be albums you love but have to skip at least one song on. I'd imagine most people's favourite albums are also no-skip albums.
I was going to say Snoop Dogg's Doggystyle but there are a few skits in it that would make me want to skip.

Same goes for Tenacious D's self titled album

Raggen

Oct 7, 2019
Neil Young - On The Beach
Khonnor - Handwriting
British Sea Power - The Decline of British Sea Power

nel e nel

Oct 27, 2017
Jane's Addiction- Nothing's Shocking
Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique
DEVO - Q: Are We Not Men?
A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory
Public Enemy - It Takes A Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back
J. Geils Band - Freeze Frame

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
1. Rainbow - Rising
2. Wintersun - Time
3. Wishbone Ash - Argus

Many would argue that Time is bloated and overproduced, but I love it, excess included. Listening to the full album used to be in my regular rotation back when I used to walk home from work. It was about a 40 minute walk, just enough time to listen to the full album.
Anyone arguing that is wrong. Time is a masterpiece.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the only albums I can play front to back without skipping are Nas Illmatic and The Beatles Abbey Road.

honestrade

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tupac - Me Against the World
BT - Movement in Still Life (UK version)
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
I only buy albums--typically physical too because I'm extra strange!--so if there's an album with a lot of skippable songs, I just don't own it.

Some of my favorite albums are

Time I - Wintersun
Citadel - Ne Obliviscarus
Imaginareum - Nightwish
Avalon - Sully Erna
Storm of the Light's Bane - Dissection
Rainbow - Kesha
Red - Taylor Swift

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I only buy albums, never singles. Last time I did that was the "maxi-CD" of Mr. Bombastic...

While it's not anywhere near my top3, I always think about AC/DCs back in black album as a prime example of a complete record. much like the movie Predator it's perfectly done with what it sets out to be start to finish.

Only two record I can remember where I have disabled tracks are Tools fear inoculum and that talking stuff on Eminem's Kamikaze.

I've never heard an album reviewed this way. ...I love it. Lol

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
1) Dark Side Of The Moon - Pink Floyd
2) Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
3) Animals - Pink Floyd.

almutama

Oct 27, 2017
Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.a.a.d city
Tyler the Creator - Flower boy
Frank Ocean - Blonde

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
The Shins - Oh, Inverted World

Kendrick - GKMC

From Ashes Rise - Nightmares

The Replacements - Let it Be

The Wrens - The Meadowlands

m_dorian

Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Studio
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
The Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street
Led Zeppelin - IV

Recent
Iron Maiden - Book of Souls
VIC - Age of Aquarius

Live
Talking Heads - The Name Of The Band Is Talking Heads
Motorhead - No Sleep 'til Hammershith
Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same
(Depeche Mode - 101)

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this a list thread?

Slowdive - Slowdive

A few of my college friends were very into this album right on release and it took me a good while to finally listen to it, and it's since become one of my most heavily replayed albums.

Aphex Twin - Syro

I feel like I wanted to say Selected Works or I Care Because You Do but I really can just put this album on and play it straight through when I'm at work.

The Clash - Combat Rock / London Calling

The GOAT.

Taurus Silver

Big ol' Nerd
Oct 29, 2017
50 Cent - Get Rich Or Die Tryin
DMX - Its Dark and Hell is Hot
DMX - Flesh of My Flesh Blood of My Blood

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Guns n Roses - Appetite for Destruction | It's probably one of the best albums in history
Rammstein - Mutter | 18 year old album that is still the prime example for industrial metal
Greta van Fleet - From the Fires | Dunno. I'm a Hipster and like the new Led Zeppelin I guess

If I could name 5 then I would add Pink Floyd - The Wall and Sixto Roriguez - Cold Facts

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Notorious BIG - Ready to die
Jay Z - Blck album
Outkast - ATLiens

No track are skipped. Perfect rhymes, flows, hook games and production are all top tier

olubode

Oct 28, 2017
The Low End Theory - A Tribe Called Quest
Stakes is High - De La Soul
Illmatic - Nas

Also add:
Buhloone Mind State - De La Soul
ATLiens - OutKast
Aquemini - OutKast
Hard to Earn - Gang Starr
Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) - Wu Tang Clan
Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde - The Pharcyde

Last edited:

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Nofx The Decline - "one" song but amazing crescendo.
18+ minutes of some of the greatest punk rock ever. I'll definitely put on my list as it's always worth a listen from start to finish.

2. Social Distortion -Social Distortion. An amazing Punk album from start to finish. It's also an album that almost anyone will like if they are into Punk or not.

3. Run the Jewels - Run the Jewels 3. Incredible. This obviously came out in the Spotify era but still listen to the album front to back.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Waltz For Koop
Achtung Baby
Lights of Endangered Species

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
Fugazi, the Argument
Sonic Youth, Murray Street
Pavement, Slanted and Enchanted

Not sure if they'd be the absolute top 3, but they are the first 3 I could think of that are legit.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
I kinda just listen to music by the album, almost never skipping, as my default, so this thread is weird for me. If i had to try to pick 3 things where i can't even imagine feeling kinda tempted to skip anything...

Panopticon-autumn eternal: atmospheric black metal about the seasons changing by a dude who loves being in the woods. It's beautiful.

Pink Floyd- dark side of the moon. While I've definitely just listened to Time on its own, the album is perfect and continuous.

Sleep- Dopesmoker. Because I'm a smartass and its literally one track

Made myself pick things from varied artists instead of going with my first instinct to name 3 Panopticon albums.

rundisneyrpg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I can keep it to three too many. When I was younger before kids it was these albums and still today they hold a soft spot.

jimmy eat world bleed american/clarity
Angels and airwaves we don't need to whisper/I empire or blink 182 enema of the state or take off your Pants jacket
weezer blue album
Something corporate leaving through window
Taking back Sunday first two records