• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Buffy was so amazing in my younger years. That, Fresh Prince, and Boy Meets World. Latter 2 are sitcoms so not sure they count but Buffy man.

ba2

Oct 20, 2019
The Wonder Years

wonderyears1.jpg

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I would have to say repeats of the Twilight Zone every night at 10PM. Blew my teen mind and couldn't get enough of it.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Definitely Doctor Who, Red Dwarf, Blackadder, The Young Ones. The SImpsons. I've collected a lot of shows on DVDs over the years, and very little of it is late 80s (when I was a teen) and almost none is american (90s is different)

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
Buffy, without a doubt, eventually angel once TNT starting running it.

but I watched a lot of stuff aimed at young people, and rewatched long cancelled shows like the entirety of the wonder years on nick at nite or degrassi.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
p183925_b_v8_aa.jpg

This wasn't really teenage years but the first show I watched that wasn't a cartoon I guess. Teenage years would be something like Friends.

Fuck me I'm swept over with nostalgia right now.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
No great loss, it was never the same after Rimmer left anyway
True. I don't think I watched much TV in the very late 90s because I only knew about 7 & 8 once I started buying the DVDs, it was a total surprise. There's some garbage episodes for sure, but I quite liked when they brought the Captain back in s8.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Later teenage years (18-20) were all about Curb Your Enthusiasm, Trailer Park Boys, that kind of thing. I don't think I watched a lot of TV in my high school years the more I think about it. Lots of syndicated stuff like the Simpsons, Seinfeld, Kids in the Hall, old eps of All in the Family, Cheers, SNL, etc. There really wasn't a show that I had to be home on whatever night to watch though between '96-'00. Newsradio was the last one I can remember and then when Phil died, I was pretty devastated and really didn't have a new favorite show until Curb came out.

offshore

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Early teens, probably The Simpsons.

Later teens, The Shield and Sugar Rush; the latter being a UK comedy/drama that was awesome and got axed after 2 series.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Chuck and Sons of Anarchy were my two shows. The latter was always a weekly thing with my dad. Other than those, definitely sports stuff.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
Twin Peaks
Highlander
Forever Knight
Brisco County
ST DS9 & TNG

I got the genre TV bug early.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Drake & Josh, Kenan & Kel, iCarly, Fresh Prince

Everything that was on Nickelodeon lol

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
legit? chappelle's show

and i know this site is made up of fellow 90s kids who were teens in the 2000s so how am i the first to mention this?

that damn show was our teens lol

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Teen years? Tricky. Teen years were in the late 2000's and early 10's. I was too much in anime and live action shows were terrible in this era. I didn't find out about all the good shows of this era until I binged watched it years later.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i watched the food network

My homie!

I used to watch OG food network. So like the Galloping Gourmet, East Meets West, Cooking Live, Emeril Live/Essence of Emeril, Malto Mario ect...

aka before Food Network changed network catagories and was all real cooking shows. Now it's PBS or YouTube for that shit these days. Even cooking channel which I thought might be a return to my heyday is just like Food Network Part 2 under a different name.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
When I was really young it was Boy Meets World. Then from my tween years onward it was Buffy/Angel and wrasslin'.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Some unexpected choices here. I thought teenagers would be watching slightly edgy stuff like Skins or South Park or something. I know they were popular when I was a teen.

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
If I wasn't watching cartoons on Nick or Cartoon Network (SpongeBob, Fairly Oddparents, Codename: Kids Next Door), it was reality shows and game shows like Survivor, American Idol, The Amazing Race, and The Weakest Link. Also Futurama, and I stuck around with The Simpsons longer than most.

Lady Murasaki

Scary Shiny Glasses
Oct 25, 2017
Everybody Hates Chris was a huge phenomenon in Brazil and the dubbing was really good, and it was very relatable for the kids from my school, myself included. When younger most of us watched Fresh Prince, My Wife and the Kids and El Chavo del Ocho. When I got a little older [14yo or so] I really liked stuff like Cold Case, but my absolute favorite was The Mentalist. Then GOT came out [when I was 16yo] and I got absolutely hooked.