• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
DOOM Eternal, The Division 2, and Forza Horizon 4 will be the three I visit through BC first, though I definitely want to replay Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon while checking out Infinite Undiscovery for the first time (expecting an okay game, but I'm still curious).

Plus since it's been years since owning an Xbox, getting back to Rare Replay a whole lot.

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
I'm planning to buy RDR 2 for my XSX just to play with with the X enhancements (originally played on a PS4).

I'll be revisiting the Splinter Cell saga on the Xbox, that's for sure. It's been far too long since I played them on the GC and Xbox 360. Can't wait!

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Those 3 games aren't backwards compatible. However, there's a Xbox One version of Shenmue II and MGS2: Substance is in the MGS HD Collection which is backwards compatible.

OT

- Sekiro
- Star Wars: JFO
- Gears 5
- Gears Tactics

I'll be starting with those!

All of those were backwards compatible on 360 IIRC. I'm sure I played them from the disc... maybe MGS2 wasn't and it's one I wanted to play. But I'm confident in the other 2.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
1. NBA Jam (no enhancements obviously...do we need machine learning to improve images here? one can dream...)
2. Jedi Fallen Order (whenever it's on EA access)
3. Destiny 2 (also finally convinced a friend that fell off a couple years ago to come back)
4. Panzer Dragoon Orta

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Asked this in the DF thread on BC but it got lost in the stream:

Regarding the library of backwards compat titles, can I buy an Xbox copy of SSX Tricky or X-Men Legends, put it into my Series X, and it work out the box? Or is it only pre-defined games from across the generations I'll be able to play?

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
All of those were backwards compatible on 360 IIRC. I'm sure I played them from the disc... maybe MGS2 wasn't and it's one I wanted to play. But I'm confident in the other 2.

Xbox 360 had their own list of backwards compatible games - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

Xbox One/Series S|X have a separate list. - https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility

Check out the 2nd list and filter by OG Xbox to see the ones that will be available on the Series S|X

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
Witcher 3. RDR 2 maybe one day. Wasteland 3. Mass Effect Andromeda. Dragon Age Inquisition.

and indies etc.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
Asked this in the DF thread on BC but it got lost in the stream:

Regarding the library of backwards compat titles, can I buy an Xbox copy of SSX Tricky or X-Men Legends, put it into my Series X, and it work out the box? Or is it only pre-defined games from across the generations I'll be able to play?
pre defined - https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility

keep in mind this is specifically for xbox one but microsoft have said it should be exactly the same for the xbox series x

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Sekiro
Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

I would have easily thrown Control in there but they've already made it clear that there's a dedicated next-gen update coming.

Also with a next-gen update coming, I will be absolutely hawking impressions of how the Xbox One version of Cyberpunk 2077 runs with these passive performance enhancements. If it seems like the combination of performance and picture quality is good enough to please me, then I think I will go ahead and buy the Xbox One version ahead of the next-gen enhancement updates later.

I've already played it kinda extensively on PS4 and PC, but I might download Monster Hunter World on Game Pass and try it out at nearly 60fps console-side now. I also kinda struggle to get it at a full locked 60fps on my gaming laptop so I imagine the overall performance profile will be similar to my experience trying to play it on my laptop.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
Does anyone has a complete list of BC titles on X1X? I was going through my stuff yesterday and found my whole Xbox collection going back to OG Xbox and now I want to try them all that are compatible! 😁

Last edited:

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Wasteland 3.
After the shitshow that I went through with that game this weekend, I just hit delete. Will probably be the first thing I re-download and continue playing on XSX if they can get it working right. That game just gets more and more busted the further you get in. The point where I hit "delete" I was
stuck in the San Luxe apartments and the button prompt would not register to go back outside to Colorado Springs.
But that was after numerous other issues that just started stacking up.

I had just finished the Santa fight right before this, and I had to do that fight twice, because the first time I cleared all the enemies, the game didn't recognize that all the enemies were dead, so it just stayed in combat mode until I reloaded the game and had to play through that whole seciton again.

Still probably my GOTY, but fuck is it ever broken.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
Ninja Gaiden Black
Ninja Gaiden II
Rareplay Collection
Blinx Time Sweeper
BLACK
Dante's Inferno
Guardian Heroes HD
Moondiver
NBA JAM: OFE

And i think that's it, pretty much

How's even possible that Blue Dragon is NOT backwards compatible?

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
I haven't had an Xbox since the 360 and am looking forward to playing the fantastic Banjo-Kazooie and Perfect Dark ports again, but in 4K

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Cyberpunk 2077

I'm actually really excited to see how much better the game runs in BC on Series X vs the One X.

jesterkap2

Oct 28, 2017
apps.11716.65553901453292980.5f73bae7-0b93-4345-bf12-87df77ec6f05.e66b8a9d-08b3-4281-a058-985d259aa553

Available on Gamepass!
Bill Gates would approve.

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia, US
I have pretty big backlog of Xbox One games that I want to play and after seeing the huge improvements in load times and better frame rates I think I am holding off on playing many games I have on Xbox One because the Series X makes the games much better to play.

Here is my list of games I am waiting to play or will play again.

Just Cause 3
Far Cry New Dawn
Dead or Alive 6
Prey
Dishonored 2
Dishonored Death of the Outsider
Fallout 4
Deadrising 4
Monster Hunter World:Iceborne
The Division 2

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Just a few of the top of my head.

Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Witcher 3 DLC
Final Fantasy XV
Neir Auto
Doom Eternal
Quantum Break
HellBlade
Monster Hunter
Ori 2

No games to play???

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely can't wait to replay all the Splinter Cell games again. Almost bought a One X when I saw the massive improvements. Also haven't played Sekiro yet, so that'll be a good one as well.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
I still havent finished my RDR run on my X1X so that will be the place to start.

Klaw

Nov 16, 2017
France
Sekiro
All Splinter Cell

And I would love them to announce more backcompat 360 games... like PGR4, Top Spin 4, ... But those are not sold digitally anymore, so it will probably never happen...

E.Balboa

Oct 30, 2017
Florianópolis, Brazil
I'll revisit almost everything on my catalog, honestly.
Looking most forward to Quantum Break, RDR2, KOTOR, Sekiro, Hitman, FH2/3/4, Viva Piñata 2, GTA4 and its expansions, MGS collection, Blue Dragon

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
Gears 5
Halo 5
Forza Horizon 4
Ori WOTW (though technically it'll be my first time playing it)

Cannot wait for my Series X man!!! I feel like Gears 5 will look incredible.

spunodi

Oct 27, 2017
Lost Odyssey!

Also, the Sonic back catalogue:
-Will Sonic Unleashed finally not have frame drops on Jungle Joyride day? I need to know!

Panzer Dragoon Orta - never played, love the series though and heard that the BC is already fantastic on X1X.

An probably lots on Game Pass - I never played the Gears of War series past the first.

Also, I bet Final Fantasy XV will play beautifully.

Having skipped the XBox last gen I'm really looking forward to catching up.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
First time on Xbox for SX

Can I buy these games digitally or will I have to get a physical copy somewhere?
All those games are available digitally!

Would recommend a subscription to Gamepass Ultimate - you'd be getting instant access to a ton of back catalogue first/third party Xbox titles!

Searsy82

May 13, 2019
Revisit? Not many.

Games that I own and haven't got to yet? Almost too many to list.

Man Eater
Sekiro
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Doom Eternal
Devil May Cry 5
Metro Exodus
...I buy too many games

galvatron

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, TX
Gears 5
Dead or Alive 6
Red Dead Redemption 1+2
Hitman
Bloodstained (still have to finish it)

Older stuff:
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Burnout Revenge
Guardian Heroes
Radiant Silvergun
Strania
Ninja Gaiden Black

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
All those games are available digitally!

Would recommend a subscription to Gamepass Ultimate - you'd be getting instant access to a ton of back catalogue first/third party Xbox titles!
Oh it has the back catalogue?? That's so exciting! I got one even though I have a powerful PC because my wife really wanted it. And that's awesome she loves KotOR and really wants me to play it with her.