• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I'll just remove PS4 and put this instead. Not a big deal, really. It's bigger but I don't have things lying around so close to each other that it won't fit.

Oct 30, 2017
20200925_200145z0j8e.jpg

XSX on the left, PS5 on the right. Gonna be a tight squeeze.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
I've bought a stackable, height configurable shelf for these monsters. It's like an open rack with wooden planks that can be fixed at any height. That should hold all my hardware, connected to my 32 inch monitor, until I buy an OLED sometime next year or so.

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
Shouldn't be a problem, I'm moving my Pro to the bedroom or giving it away and the PS5, girthy though it may be, should fit in the spot. I may need to move the apple TV but that's nothing.

ZO8PibC.jpg
PS5 is 390mm wide.
The Pro is 295mm wide.
AppleTV is 98mm wide.

You obviously have the space available with some room to spare.

halfjoey

Nov 26, 2017
PS5 vertical behind my TV with the disc drive accessible.
XSX maybe vertical on the other side of the TV or in a shelf in my stand depending cooling suggestions.

FrankNitty

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I had to buy a new stand, set up yesterday. Will stick the PS5 on top next to telly and once I've bought the new amp it can go where the pro is, which will move down next to the one x.

ELYoaKe.jpg
What stand is this? I'm redoing a room and this would be perfect size I think depending on depth for my AVR. Have to redo 2 rooms so will be needed a new unit in late Jan/Feb

calder

Oct 25, 2017
PS5 is 390mm wide.
The Pro is 295mm wide.
AppleTV is 98mm wide.

You obviously have the space available with some room to spare.

Thank you! My lazy ass appreciates you doing the work on that ;D

I was worried I'd have to slide the center channel over an inch or two for clearance, which would just annoy me every time I saw it if it wasn't centered on the shelf.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
The media center near my TV kinda looks like one of those A-Frame ladder things that you might have seen out of a Pottery Barn catalog 10 years ago.

Something like tis but with fewer shelves:

y4g3RKS.png

And so luckily I've got plenty of room for both, which will go on their own shelves. I'll just replace the Xbox One X and the PS4 Pro with the new consoles when I get them.

I'd post a pic of mine because I think they're all well organized, but my wires are currently a fucking mess and this community would SHAME me. Gotta neaten them up but probably not going tod o that until I get the new hardware

Batsy

Oct 16, 2018
Im hoping those leaks/rumors about the panels being able to be taken off easily are true because if so it means either sony or fans can make replacement sides that make it more of a traditional style that is flat that can be laid down without the stand. I have a feel though that since sony said this is the most customizable console ever they planned this from the start and are gonna very soon start selling replacement sides in different designs.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
I have a pretty deep tv stand, where I've put my pro and X behind my oled with no heat problems. I'll do the same for the thicc boys. I really wanna see how tall the ps5 is in person lol.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
My TV stand has pretty large slots, I don't expect to have an issue fitting a PS5 in there.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't there another thread like this the other day?

Anyway, my plan is to simply just swap in the new consoles.

iw6rVuX.jpg

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I have two slots on my TV stand. PS5 and my two satellite speakers will go take up entire area of one level.

On Bottom level will go my router, modem, Nvidia Shield, and Nintendo Switch dock. Could probably get another console down there if I wanted, but prefer the cleaner cable management.

nillarilla

Feb 10, 2019
I spent this morning drilling new holes to move the shelf in my entertainment center. I'll replace the oneS with the XSX when it arrives
qMUuaz0_d.webp

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
PS5 Horizontal under the TV, XSX Vertical on the side. Wanted it vice versa but the XSX just looks weird in horizonntal mode.

Oct 27, 2017
Columbus, OH

PS5 is going to replace the large stack of books on the bottom shelf, the PS4 was there but I offloaded it early. Thankfully I could raise that shelf from where it was before so now that behemoth should just fit.

For the Xbox... I'm not sure. I don't think I'll be getting it at launch but when I do I'll probably move the Switch up to the middle shelf in the bookcase next to the TV stand and put the Series X next to the TV.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
That's what I did, it comes with an enclosed back but I left it off completely for better air flow.

only snag is I checked and the doors are full height - I have speakers to go across there. Hmm. Maybe hack some doors with speaker grill fabric (which would also allow some airflow), or move my L/R speakers to the side of my TV..

1-CAEA921-C559-4-E65-AFD3-048462-DCAD6-B.jpg

excuse the lighting - my daughter set it for playing Spider-Man. Also ignore the rear facing pro in a last ditch attempt to make it quieter (didn't work).
Thinking left/right doors and maybe the keg eggs would be ok next to the TV?

Oct 29, 2017
The stand I ordered came in from Amazon today. I want these babies vertical, so needed a solution so they don't have to go behind the TV.

media-rack.jpg

stand.jpg

Last edited:

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Not decided, prob will decide when the Series X comes along... somewhere in 2021 probably. I got my pre order in late on Thursday so...

Since it's thicker horizontally than the One X it doesn't fit on same shelf but the one under where I recently had a PS4 Pro.

Or beside the Tv where the HomePod sits right now and move that to another spot.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I dont think its smart to have cabinets that close - due to both machines needing airflow and dissipating a lot of heat.

Novocaine

Oct 26, 2017
My TV unit is pretty long. I'll have the console on top with the TV like I have now with the X vertical. I don't really like the idea of consoles being cramped up in an enclosed space.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
aRvz3dT.png

The PS5 should fit nicely where the PS4 currently sits. Could remove that shelf, but it shouldn't be needed; and for airflow, it's much more important to provide clearance on the sides and behind the console, not on top of it.
fyVUnsF.png

Eventually, a Series S is gonna replace the One S.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
I either need to find space behind my tv or on the floor next to my entertainment center for the ps5 and SeX to be vertical. I need to find some stands or something.

bbg_g

Jun 21, 2020
I've got an Ikea media table that has two long open shelves the entire length so I'll have no problems. I'm just wondering if I should have my PS3,4 and 5 all next to each other on the same row for looks and then the games controllers on the bottom or reverse etc.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
measured up and PS5 should sit alongside my TV so thats my fallback position if I can't hide them both behind doors

Deleted member 9929

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been eyeing the BDI octave for a while and might finally take the plunge (as soon as I can say goodbye to the money lol). Hoping the ps5 could fit in the far right or left sections but if not it should be just fine in the center since it is double width with adjustable shelves.

www.bdiusa.com

Octave Media Console 8379

The quad-width Octave 8379 hits a high note in home theater cabinet design. Unique perforated steel doors let remote signals in while allowing sound to disperse clearly. This modern fully-featured TV stand also includes adjustable shelving, soundbar shelf, hidden wheels, cable management, rear...

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
ok ordered a couple of doors for the left/right side of my BESTA like Mavrick07. Probably need to move my KEF Eggs up either side of my TV which pretty much forces me to have the consoles behind those doors. Eitehr that or take the glass out and replace with speaker fabric so the speakers can stay behind the doors, then the consoles can go either side of the TV

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
Series X is short enough to stand vertically under my TV because I have my TV mounted to brackets attached to my TV stand. My PS5 will lay horizontally on a shelf which is fine in regards to space, but I'd much rather be able to stand it up. But, the it's just too damn tall and honestly would be an eye sore considering my current aesthetics that are much closer to Series X look.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
EhK9mRlXYAg7p76

Take out X and Pro, move N64, Mega Sg, Super NT, AVS and GBA Consolizer to either middle or bottom levels, take out GameCube because I'm not using it currently, add in modded PS1 when it arrives, move cat out of the way, XSX and PS5 go on top horizontally (so the cat can't knock them over) with the Switch for maximum air flow.

Mrflood

Oct 25, 2017
I am currently using the Ikea HEMNES corner TV stand. Although I could probably have them side/side vertically on either side. I think I am going to hide them both behind my TV.

Since I am fully digital. Don't see why I would take up valuable shelf space. That said, still not 100% decided.