• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CarbonCrush

Oct 27, 2017
How did you manage? Have you put on weight or has having plenty of time to work mean you made gains?

I'm still working from home but Lockdown has eased (UK). I've managed to put on some muscle and half an inch on my biceps which I have always struggled to do. I am now in fantastic shape, much better than I was pre-lockdown (although I have had a shit last two weeks).

Edit: can a mod please edit the title? I meant to write 'shape' not share lol.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Edit: Saw the edit.

In regards to the thread, about the same, but I do feel a bit more lethargic than before for sure.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I've weigh pretty much the same as the day I graduated high school a decade ago. I've always had trouble putting on weight, but I've also never really lost it.

Contraband

Nov 15, 2017
Hannah, Montana
Been able to eat significantly better and I have always had a home gym so stronger than ever.

So many frivolous calorie filled faux social lunches - gone. Beautiful.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty much the same weight-wise but I've lost muscle that has translated to fat. I hope I can reverse it before the end of next month, but we'll see

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Put on weight. I have a gym in my apt building that almost nobody uses, so my workday mornings per-covid began with a 15 minute run on the threadmill and usually healthy-ish options for breakfast/lunch (dinner could go either way, but the previously mentioned made up for it.

Two months in of not doing that along with my magical power of eating all my grocery store treats/snack planned for a week in basically a couple of days had me ten pounds heavier.

I have been trying to go back to old habits. Now I wake up early and try to do bike riding loop around the nearby park. I also periodically jog but there's so many joggers now with people trying to get their exercise in it feels like I am mostly dodging pedestrians as opposed to getting a good run, lol. I am also buying less tempting snacks, noshing on fruit and veggies etc.

Problem is that NYC is such a walkable city that even if you aren't particularly active just by going to work and running your regular errands light cardio adds up. Even on a day where I am able to get some good cardio in the morning it still feels like I am behind on how much exercise I would get on a regular day commuting/running errands/meeting with friends before the pandemic...I feel MUCH more lethargic and limber.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I put on so much fucking weight I had to buy fat clothes because my stuff wasn't fitting anymore.

Ronin

Oct 25, 2017
I was in the middle of changing my diet and starting a regular exercise routine again, then I got sick at the start of April. I'm doing better now and starting to exercise again and I'm now down 18lbs.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Up about 10 pounds. Too much stress and take out foods/snacking around the house. Wasted a lot of time but am trying to do something about it as of a week ago. Numbers weren't too bad at the doc but I'd really like to lose 20 and with me being at home w/o kids around there is no reason why I shouldn't be able to take care of it.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Been able to eat significantly better and I have always had a home gym so stronger than ever.

So many frivolous calorie filled faux social lunches - gone. Beautiful.

Same. I'm having my glow up. Slimmest stomach I've ever had, widest back I've ever had.

Been spending this time working out more, eating right, and learning new things when I'm not working from home.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
I'm definitely eating more... (My job stressed me out to the point where I wouldn't eat during the day) but I'm eating better and excercising more, so I think I'm about the same.
Don't have a scale to verify it though, haha.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Weight around the same, but composition is different. A bit less fat, a bit of regained muscle. All in all better shape than before. I'm so used to lifting weights at the gym that it was refreshing to do bodyweight exercises and running outside again (well, I did miss doing deadlifts)

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
I lost weight but I was also seeing my trainer virtually the whole time so not surprising.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
This pandemic has been bad for my motivation. I find that I'm spending more time than usual sitting around browsing the internet on my phone, or lying on the couch playing videogames. There has been a slight loss of muscle mass, but my weight has stayed roughly the same (maybe gained a pound or two), so it seems like my muscle is turning into fat? It's hard to tell because I don't weigh much (~133-135lbs), but I definitely feel a lack of energy from inaction.

Anyway, I decided to start biking more and eating less sugary/fatty treats and it's already got me feeling healthier.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
put on 10 pounds, got too bored in the apartment and started munching down on everything I could get my hands on.

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
I've worn out my pull-up bar and stayed eating clean, gone down to two meals a day from three meals a day when I was in the office. Still hovering around 155lb.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Down 4-5 more pounds on this cut that I just continued from pre-quarantine.

If I eliminated all the damn snacks I grab from the pantry while working from home, I'd be able to step on stage. Instead I look a little more defined.

I like snacks.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I see my gut hanging over my pants. Who would of thought just walking around places was decent enough exercises.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much the same. Sometimes there is a fluctuation if I decide to eat like crap but that happens outside of lockdown too

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
Down 5 to 10 pounds due to restaurants being closed for dine-in and having less snacks on hand.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I'm down like five lbs, almost certainly because I don't have to go to my shitty office that's in a food desert and end up eating some trash lunch because there are no healthy options around.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Lost 22 lbs so far. 18 more to go. Havent had a haircut since January so when that finally happens I'll probably cut anither pound off.

Also OP, how are you adding bicep inches in the UK when they only have fancy scientific centimeters out there?

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
Ive gained 5-10 lbs but have worked out steady throughout the lockdown (evening runs with my dog, in-home workouts). I feel like I have a ton of energy as well but the weight gain probably means I have a false sense of the shape I'm in

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I started a proper workout routine for the first time in my life. I literally googled "easiest body weight workout routine" and went with the easiest article to read:

www.nytimes.com

The 9-Minute Strength Workout

Strength training is the key to flexibility, mobility, improved performance and lower injury risk. And it doesn't have to take hours at the gym to see results. It’ll take only nine minutes of exertion to complete a full-body strength-building workout.

I've been doing it for about a month now, and I'm slowly morphing into the best shape I've ever been in in my life. I can see my biceps doing things I've never seen them do before while I'm brushing my teeth.

For my diet, I've been pretty lucky in that I never really get the urge to eat bad things, so my diet has still been good throughout the lockdown.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I've gained weight though not as much as I thought I had. I've definitely lost athleticism and added on fat because I'm not playing basketball 3x a week. Originally I had a balance of running at night and biking on the weekends, but that's dried up ... I'm not afforded the time anymore between work and childcare.

Our kid goes back to daycare next week so hoping to be able to work out 3x a week outside.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I've lost about 15lbs due to cooking my own food and setting times to do some walking each day. I was slightly overweight before, and am now about the right weight

Oct 25, 2017
Down just over 20 lbs. Was surprised at how easy it was. Not that I was overweight or anything, just wanted to trim down.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
When lockdown started I worked in a hotel where we were dead so I became extremely sedentary. I was already in pretty poor health weight-wise, so it just exacerbated the issue. I've got a new job now where I walk about 5-10 miles per day around a hospital and lift a lot of equipment, so I've actually shed almost 25 pounds in the last month just from work and eating better/less often. I'm nowhere near fit, but I'm better off now than I was when the pandemic started.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Have not weighed myself since the lockdown so I don't know any specifics, but I have started doing a bit of bodyweight training and started eating better since I was sick of being super skinny. Now I've gained quite a bit of muscular definition, and I'm probably in the best shape I've been in since I was a young teen 10 years ago.

Garbrenn

Oct 30, 2017
In terms of body composition I've not changed a great deal but my bench and overhead press total has went up pretty dramatically which is great. Still at 90KG (6') and I have been for about 4 months or so which to be honest is fine as I'm not shredding this year. Making use of my recomp by trying to get stronger.

I was at 115KG bench moved to 135KG (297LBS)
Overhead press was at 60KG now it's at 70KG (154 LBS)

I've been extremely lucky to have my own set of Olympic weights and a rack which is a godsend considering the gyms are closed in the UK still.

Pyke Presco

Dec 3, 2017
Weight remains the same (I've pretty much been floating between 235-240 for the last 7 months or so since getting down to it), but there's a definite loss in definition and muscle, and a bit more weight in the belly region than there used to be. My workout routine changed significantly from March onwards, from going to the gym 4-5 days a week to not at all. Shifted into some body weight exercises and cardio on a stationary bike throughout the back half of March and April, but for the end of May and all of June my complete exercise routine has been a handful of ~30 minute runs. I need to get back into at least doing the body weight stuff that fell off over the last month, because I am definitely not doing myself any favours right now.

Just got really tired of doing body weight stuff or riding a stationary bike in the 10-12 square feet in front of my tv after a month and change; my one bedroom apartment with no room just isn't great for the current situation. I miss having public amenities, going into the office and either my work or apartment building gym (both have been shut down since March 17th) for use more and more every day. 400 sq ft of personal space just doesn't go very far when you lose so many of the benefits of being in the heart of a city.

Oct 27, 2017
I've put on weight. No commute means I'm not riding the bike 10 miles a day, and I'm not filled with the urge to go out when I'm not working so I'm sat on my fat arse most of the day.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I was on this trend pre-COVID so just happy it didn't hinder my progress. We actually started ordering in a little more than usual due to trying to support local businesses but that was balanced out by the lack of sitting at pubs drinking beer. Down from an average of ~195 in November 2019. Slipped a little in December/January with holiday travel.

3Mw05Ym.png

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I lost some muscle, but did work out at home pretty rigorously, so I also lost some body fat.
Overall I'm a couple of kgs lighter and a bit leaner, but I'm still in good shape (that certain muscular character in TLOU2 is pretty close to the shape I'm in).