• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

taepoppuri

Oct 29, 2017
FFXIV Shadowbringers
Best FF in decades. Main story is top notch and I'm having fun with this raid tier too.

Devil May Cry 5
Beautiful game. It's pure fun to play Nero and Dante in just training mode alone. Beat Blood palace numerous times which is something I never done in previous title.

The 3rd game is hard to choose...I enjoyed both MHW Iceborne and RE2. Sadly, my most anticipated game of this year is Sekiro but somehow I already forgot bout it...

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Ignoring remakes and remasters:

1. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
2. Slay the Spire
3. Tetris 99

Haven't played yet: Untitled Goose Game, Greedfall, FFXIV: Shadowbringers, Judgment, Cadence of Hyrule

Ashilyn

Oct 27, 2017
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers
Resident Evil 2

Kingdom Hearts III juuuuust barely misses making the list.

Deleted member 24021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
There are so many games I love this year so deciding my top three is hard. I think it's these

1. Resident Evil 2 Remake
2. Final Fantasy XIV Shadowbringers
3. Sekiro

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
My top 3 for the year I think was pretty much set in stone by March so unless Death Stranding lives up to the hype my 3 by far are

Sekiro
Resident Evil 2
Tetris 99

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
Sekiro
Cadence of Hyrule
Resident Evil 2 Remake
However, I haven't finished Astral Chain yet and still need to play Control. Luigis Mansion 3 isn't out yet too and Death Stranding is releasing as well (yet my expectations are abysmal). So this isn't done!

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Borderlands 3
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

I still have a lot of games like Kingdom Hearts III and Resident Evil 2 in my backlog though.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
1. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
2. Kingdom Hearts 3
3. SteamWorld Quest

Also I've only played four games from 2019.

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
Leaving out some great games, and very well could change. Mario Maker 2 feels pretty locked in as my top spot though

Super Mario Maker 2
Kingdom Hearts 3
Baba is You

lightning16

May 17, 2019
2. Astral Chain
3. Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled

I'd be surprised if Fire Emblem doesn't finish #1 through the end of the year. Dragon Quest XI S, The Alliance Alive HD, and Luigi's Mansion 3 are some games that could probably have potential to move into the other slots.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
If we're only counting games that are newly released this year and weren't available on other platforms...

1.) Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
2.) Picross S3
3.) Far Cry New Dawn

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
I've only played two 2019 games, so I'd put them like this:

2. REmake 2.

In a year where the remake I've been craving for since playing the original REmake back on my gamecube launched, I can't believe how much I am loving Fire Emblem.

watdaeff4

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Counting the remakes its

Links Awakening
Resident Evil 2
Control

Original games:
Control
Devil May Cry 5
Super Mario Maker 2

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
1. Sekiro
2. Borderlands 3

That's all I've played. I never bought Anthem at all. No sir. Did not do that. Definitely did not do that.

Eppcetera

Mar 3, 2018
2. Yakuza 0
3. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Celeste is also right up there (yeah, I know that half of the titles I mentioned came out before 2019, but I'm always playing catch up with the latest releases). It's been an excellent year for me so far, and I'm hyped for many of the games I haven't even played it or haven't come out yet.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
RE2make is my favourite of the year so far, I never played the original but it's just an amazing Survival Horror game. Being chased by Mr X will likely go down as one of my favourite gaming memories. STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP.

DMCV was another big win for Capcom, they managed to make Nero cool as hell and play even better (I already loved the way he played in DMC4) and the story was some really fun, epic anime bombast. And holy shit the options on Dante were dizzying to me and the DSD and its abilities blew my mind.

Control rounds out my top 3 of the year so far, in spite of the fact it ran like dogshit on a base PS4. I still really enjoyed the combat and absolutely gobbled up the story, setting and lore. One of those games where the prospect of DLC has me salivating - I just wish the ending had been a bit more satisfying. I can't wait for The Foundation, hopefully we learn more about Ahti. And AWE? Forget about, hype through the roof.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Official Staff Communication

Do Not Create: List Threads

A list thread is a thread that encourages replies that largely or completely take the form of lists. For example: Asking members to rank their favorite characters in media. These threads tend not to generate much, if any, actual discussion or member interaction. Voting threads (threads that solicit ballot-style replies) will usually fall under this category as well, unless a lot of effort is put into them. If you wish to create a voting thread, please contact an Administrator to seek approval beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.