• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
I recently tied up Shining Force III: Scenario 3 (thanks again to the good folks at Shining Force Central!) and was thinking about what games are left i'd really like to see translated at this point:

Segagaga - this one rose from the dead years back, but hasn't seemed to move since then, sadly!

Shin Megami Tensei: If... - Last i'd heard, this was ongoing as well, i wanna say SMT Sega-CD was up i the air?

i know there's others i'm forgetting, but i mostly wanted to complain about Segagaga. Still grateful for Mother 3, Policenauts, Famicom Detective Club & so many others over the years (finally started Seiken Densetsu III this week!), but yeah - which ones are you most dying to see?

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Even if it's not really necessary, Tetris Battle Gaiden. If I had any skills in the area, I'd attempt it.

R27

Oct 27, 2017
Captain Tsubasa J: Get In The Tomorrow.

When i was a little boy all i ever wanted was a english translation of this game.

OP
OP
IrishNinja

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City

Chewie

Nov 29, 2017
Hungary
I've been dying for years to play SMT If... in english, so much so that I've gotten a japanese copy and played through the game with a partial translation patch (menus, skills, items and such) and a guide.

OP
OP
IrishNinja

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
The missing ace attorney titles.

didn't Miles 2 get a fan translation? what's left?

I've been dying for years to play SMT If... in english, so much so that I've gotten a japanese copy and played through the game with a partial translation patch (menus, skills, items and such) and a guide.

yeah, i did something similar with Kenzan! and KHH subs' YT video translations, back when he only had the cutscenes done (now you can do the sidequests too), it wasn't ideal but it worked

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan translation but I'd kill for Policenauts dubbed by the Always Sunny cast in full Lethal Weapon mode.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
SMT If... Most of all, but also Last Bible 3 and both Majin Tenseis.

Basically all the remaining MegaTens of that era.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sakura taisen (i believe it doesnt have a fan translation, if it does someone point me please)
Digimon World Re:digitization Re:code (the 3ds version)
joke translation : Tales of Vesperia ps3 officially :(

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This just reminded me that 428 is coming out this year. In English.

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEĂ·EEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To stay on topic though, I also want SGGG to come out in English too.

aidan

Oct 25, 2017
I'd really love to see Suikoden 2 get a proper translation. I'm surprised the fan community hasn't already completed one, to be honest.

OP
OP
IrishNinja

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
come to think of it, i adore Snatcher on Sega-CD but a Saturn translation one day would be dope

I hope that someone, someday in the future translates Yakuza Ishin. If SEGA themselves won't do it, fine; but I need to play that game. I'll even play the PS3 version, lol.

yeah...again, KHHsubs is working on it, that's his site with text stuff but his YT channel is an ongoing translation as well!

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

When i was a little boy all i ever wanted was a english translation of this game.
Oh man I'll play the shit out of this.

Thankfully a new anime by David Production is coming and the mobile game is doing well, so we are due to a new big game soon, right?

newtonlod

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I'm waiting for Digimon Story: Lost Evolution for years. But I got a feeling that 2018 will be the year.
Also, from the same team, Digimon World: Redigitize Decode (they did the translation of Redigitize on PSP but Decode is a better version).

I'm waiting for Persona 2: Eternal Punishment too. I think it is strange to play Innocent Sin first on PSP and then return on to the PS1 version of Eternal Punishment

OP
OP
IrishNinja

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
This just reminded me that 428 is coming out this year. In English.

...wait, we are? news to me

oh man, totally forgot about these! was there any word on if they were good or not? love this series, but i also missed the hatsworth crossover

I'm waiting for Persona 2: Eternal Punishment too. I think it is strange to play Innocent Sin first on PSP and then return on to the PS1 version of Eternal Punishment

yeah, this is me too - finally getting back to Innocent Sin, and the transition's gonna be weird after that. i wanna say i recall Aena posting a while back on why we weren't gonna get EP?

pinkurocket

Oct 26, 2017
I've always been curious about the Time Travelers game. Not sure if it's any good, but it sure looks right up my alley. And one of my fave songs is the ending theme.

s-l300.jpg

Tonton

Oct 25, 2017
Only one that comes to mind that isn't already happening in some way is RINNE
The Sorcerian games would be nice too

Trails from Zero/Azure would be appreciated.
Already happening, Zero is about halfway through editing and Ao is near finished with translating while editing didn't start yet
Nayuta is also has a new translation project

That won't need one
Just a fan edit because NISA is gonna get it and do a big shitjob with it

Last edited:

Akselziys

Aksys Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Wished these got proper English localizations when they originally came out, but games that I'd love to see in English include:

SNES
Shin Megami Tensei If...

DS
Super Robot Wars Original Generation Endless Frontier Exceed
Sigma Harmonics
Xenosaga I&II

3DS
The Great Ace Attorney 1 & 2

Saturn
Princess Crown
Samurai Shodown RPG

PS1
Growlanser 1
Little Princess 2
Devil Summoner 1 (and/or the Saturn ver)

PS2
Story of Marl Kingdom: Angel's Present
Tales of Destiny 1 Director's Cut
Tales of Destiny 2
Tales of Rebirth
Xenosaga Freaks

PSP
Princess Antiphona's Hymn: Op.A

VITA
Time Travelers

Mobile
Xenosaga Pied Piper (playable ver)

Also the remaining unlocalized Sakura Taisen games, Far East of Eden Tengai Makyou games, Goemon games, and Langrisser games.

Last edited:

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
ToD Remake is up there. I really want more 2D Tales that are not aged as hell.

Also a few very niche VNs that I'm sure will never happen.

Powwa

Oct 28, 2017
Yakuza games,
Net High,
Tales of Innocence R (I know it's not really a good game but I love my RPGs on handheld)

Oh yes, I didn't play this but I played the Captain Tsubasa 2 on NES a lot. Also finished the PS2 game. Thankfully they don't require much knowledge of Japanese but it would be cool to understand what's going on.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Would love a fan translation for Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 remaster on 3DS. imported both the first and second last year after the first game got a full translation. Been waiting for the second.

I also could have just learned Japanese in that year, but I digress. Well, SquareEnix could have also localized those almost a decade ago too...

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I still want that Segagaga translation that the OP mentioned. That game sounds absolutely wild. It's a shame that the translator hasn't updated in a few years.