• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vapelord

Oct 27, 2017
Montreal
Damn, don't really have any notable collectibles but someone else mentioned a Game & Watch and now after looking them up I'll have to check my parents place as I most definitely had the Snoopy one back in the day.

Nox Potens

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I have a custom lightsaber that I leave on display when it isn't being used for cosplay. It was roughly $600 and I had a much better job back when I bought it.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on if we're talking "worth" or retail price.

d7fb4e387aac5b365a3e54c292d9600e.jpg

hipsterbodega

Oct 30, 2017
I used to own the First4Figures Skull Kid statue but had to sell it due to a costly medical issue. I paid about $120 for it and sold it for about a grand.

F4FZELSKD001.jpg

I've long since sold off the rarest and in demand games in my game collection, including Earthbound and Panzer Dragoon Saga, but I still own a few that garner a few bucks including Sutte Hakkun on the Super Famicom and the 3DS version of Dragon Quest X. There are definitely other games in my collection that have rose in value, but I generally don't keep track once I've purchased it. I'm sure there are some Game Boy Color games that are worth a few bucks

Sutte_hakkun_boxart.png

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
<--- Maziora Dreamcast.

Not saying how much it cost. >_<

Only 500 were produced and mine is in mint condition and has the original Maziora branded shipping box it came in as well.

Oct 27, 2017
A brand new PS4 Gravity Rush Remaster copy. Worth about $120. I don't like owning expensive stuff, but this one got expensive on accident, not because I was looking for a collector's item.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
This was tight until I looked up the price.

Shiiieeeeeeeettttt

Yeah Prime 1 status are both amazing but super expensive. However because of their sizes you really can't get too many in the first place unless you are both rich and have a huge amount of space to put them.

I'd love to get their upcoming Evil Dead statue but not enough damn space for it,

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
All my stuff is now in storage, but I've posted things before.

I have some literal 1/1 stuff that's worth hundreds/thousands of dollars.

One of my favorite gaming things is the poster for Perfect Dark off of Rareware's studio wall. It's the poster they had mounted for their launch party. No idea what the actual value would be, but it's the only one that exists, of course. Multiple people at the studio signed it after I won the Twitter giveaway, and then they mailed it to me here in the US.

My '86 Jordan Rookie Card is worth a chunk of change too. (I have thousands of sports cards/autos/game used/etc.) I just sent off a 2/5 Autograph from my man Trevor Lawrence (Clemson QB) for grading this past week. Hoping things pan out for him the rest of college and in the NFL.

I also have my original Power Ranger Megazords, in great condition, from the '90s. I've bought quite a few of the Legacy models, and did have them displayed with my originals.

Oh...and I have tons of Star Wars stuff. My favorite is probably my Carrie Fisher 8x10 photo that she signed for me. That thing is invaluable to me.

I could keep going, haha. I'm not sure what the most expensive thing I've bought is...does my racing seat setup count? That was over $1.5k with the seat, shifter, wheel, curved monitor, etc.

Last edited:

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, got some Pokemon cards, several amiibo (like 40 of them), got a GDC badge that's autographed by Swery. Got a bunch of other """collectibles""" but those are probably the most valuable ones. (I'm hoping that my Fable Legends art book will also be worth anything someday, since the game was canceled.)

Expanding a bit to other kinds of "geeky", from my roller coaster phase, I have a Millennium Force flag. Like, a flag that hung in the park at some point. There's probably only a small subset of people who would consider it valuable, but it's one of the only real "collectible" -- as in, a real piece of memorabilia that wasn't mass-produced with the intention of being a collectible -- things I have. Also a book about Werner Stengel (a very prominent roller coaster engineer) that's autographed by him and whoever else was in the office the day I went by to meet him. The book's in German because he's German and it was sold accompanying a museum exhibit in Munich, where his company is located. I maaay have learned German primarily in order to read this book.

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
Olly Moss Star Wars Mondo Poster Set

Several Invader invasion kit tile sets. (not sure if this is geeky or street/urban art, or both)

I used to have some holy grail Zelda stuff but sold a lot of that years ago.

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
OP nailed it for me. I bought a blue lightsaber from Sharper Image back in 2008 for $90. It was marked down from $120 because the store was closing.

I can't think of anything even close to that, otherwise. I'm not a huge collector. I did buy a hand-crafted mini Prince guitar for $30 or so, but that's all I can gather in my mind at the moment.

Oct 27, 2017
My Transformer collection is easily the most expensive hobby I have.
YnHaMjK.jpg

But if we're talking single item, then it would probably be the Mastermind Creations Feral Rex. If I remember right it was about $600ish for all the parts.

kSp0hnr.jpg

This guy cost me about 300 bucks, I'm pretty sure thats the most I've spent on a figure/collectible.

reduced-image_14988_106.jpg

I want that Megatron so bad, but I'm really hesitant given all the breakage issues I've heard with it. I hate how much the masterpiece figures cost these days, and if they're going to cost that much then they had better have rock solid build quality.

Last edited:

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
It'd probably have to be my Ghostbusters vinyl and IDW Ghostbusters #1 both autographed by Dan Aykroyd.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
My LEGO collection. I guess my Hogwarts Castle is the most expensive one I own. Although I have designed a model that was twice that.

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
My main geeky thing is collecting CDs. The most expensive being the Bob Dylan Cutting Edge 1965-66 limited edition set done a few years ago. Sold for $600 at the time.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Have a Japanese DVD(lol) Box Set of Crest of the Stars that cost like $700 at the time I bought it. Also the Gurren Lagann Blu-Ray boxset that was like $600

Beyond that, mostly Speakers and Audio equipment in the $10,000+ range, if that counts

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Does photography count? My DSLR and lenses then. The body is 3k and a couple of lenses at 2k.

If camera equipment counts, it's definitely that. I have three bodies, and several lenses each with a $1,000+ MSRP.

But "geeky" and "collectible" they are not.

I have a great condition Panzer Dragoon complete with great condition discs, box, and booklet. I bought-in at like $300 in 2013 or so, and it seems to easily fetch $500-700 nowadays.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Geek shit my life has been cheap as most of my money goes into retirement and music. Recently I payed a stupid price for a Mother game boy micro.

It is insane what magic cards go for as I still have alpha-Ice Age sets. I really should get rid of them.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
If camera equipment counts, it's definitely that. I have three bodies, and several lenses each with a $1,000+ MSRP.

But "geeky" and "collectible" they are not.

I have a great condition Panzer Dragoon complete with great condition discs, box, and booklet. I bought-in at like $300 in 2013 or so, and it seems to easily fetch $500-700 nowadays.

I was sort of collecting them at first. Got a high end f/1.4 24mm, 14mm, was going to get one of the top tier portrait lenses with bokeh at 85mm and a macro lens for flowers but I moved onto mortgage life and put a hold on it. Even in the last 5 years I'm sure DSLR bodies have advanced a lot and can do a lot of the auto stacking of captures and post processing that phones do.

Oct 27, 2017
My most valuable "geek" stuff is probably my set of G1 Transformers character color model sheets. They were used back in the 80's during the creation of the cartoon,all original ink and coloring,very vivid in hand. Got 38 of em.

8NdCOMcl.jpg

rSDSHlRl.jpg

qV6hxMLl.jpg

cLldLQUl.jpg

LQDWTxZl.jpg

EliVilla

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I got this at Anime Expo from udon. Unfortunately I don't have anywhere to put it right now.
img_20170702_105614b4j0l.jpg

OP
OP
Temtastic Muns
Apr 19, 2018
I have less nerd shit than a lot of people here, but what I do have is super expensive.

Replica of Jaime Lannister's sword.
Replica of Sting from LOTR.
Saberforge replica of Luke ROTJ lightsaber.
M-4 Predator pistol from Mass Effect.

And, I've been recently been pondering getting the Tomenesuke Blade Runner Replica Blaster. That replica runs around $800 to give you an idea.

For reference:

bpK2apZ.jpg

Very nice! The Saberforges are a little too rich for my blood, but I was seriously considering getting Jon Snow's Long Claw. I think I just wanna brag to people that I own Valyrian steel, haha

OP
OP
Temtastic Muns
Apr 19, 2018
Not counting video games (I've easily spent close to 10000 over the years with hardware and the games themselves) the single most expensive item I bought were these canvas prints at a convention last year. It was 250 for the both of them but damn do they look good over my couch

2mC2Isr.jpg

Sweet! Those prints make for classy decor.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of want this thing.

How big is it?

Fairly big. :)
Official sizes:
Height: 20.07" (509.78 mm) | Width: 16.92" (429.77 mm) | Depth: 16.92" (429.77 mm) | *Box SizeHeight: 16.00" (406.4 mm) | Width: 27.00" (685.8 mm) | Depth: 38.00" (965.2 mm) | *Dimensional Weight72.00 lbs (32.66 kg) [Intl. 119.00 lbs (53.98 kg)] *

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My most expensive overall hobby is gaming, most expensive singular item from CD/Vinyl collection is a Oxygene 7-13 vinyl from the original '97 print. Terrific mastering unlike the new vinyl released a few years ago and I purchased it for about £40 in very good condition, I've seen it go for couple hundered in past two/three years.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I guess my limited edition (I have #230 of 1,500 made) stone model of Winterfell. I think I paid almost $200 for it. I don't feel like taking a picture and uploading but I got it from ThinkGeek. It looks much better in person:
iqso_got_winterfell_desktop_sculpture_back.jpg

I also have a wood mug made in the fashion of one that would come from The Green Dragon Inn from Lord of the Rings. I think I paid about $100 for that after shipping and all, as it came from some small shop in Ukraine:
n07YPRWm2jyBWdzSibOJwg1DKhsUqyv4rp8Sidbrjdw.jpg

Anytime I buy expensive beer to drink at home, I use this mug.

Last edited:

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
I collect those One Piece World Collectable Figures.

gra_main2015.jpg

To date, there have been almost 800 figures released in sets of anywhere from 6-8 figures. They cost me anywhere from $70 to $100 a set when I bought them. Not to do the math, but they've cost me a shitload of money (and likely will for the next decade since they're still being released).

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at this thread makes me realize I need to splurge every once in awhile. I haven't really bought one big nerdy dumb thing.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, no wonder y'all dunk on Funko POPs. These figures every seems to be buying are incredible.