• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ooopsklo

Banned
Aug 20, 2019
I'm more disappointed in people for not buying the Wii U than I am disappointed in the Wii U. I'd buy it again.

If films are products, then 100% this piece of shit:

jeepers_creepers_three.jpg

I'm not talking about the director. I knew about his past back when the first two movies came out and loved them in spite of it. But the third one is both terrible and insulting. The director hyped it up for ten years that we were gonna get answers about the Creeper's past, and on TWO OCCASIONS, we see the main characters having visions about his past but we don't see the visions and we learn nothing. Literally nothing. There was also an inappropriate "jail bait" joke in the version that was sent to reviewers that was thankfully cut from the movie that was sent to theaters, but just the fact that an ex-pedophile wrote and shot that moment and left it in the film until the last second is disturbing, but it's the least of the film's issues. The CGI is impressively awful and the creative and directorial choices simply baffling. I recommend watching it just to be able to point at it and laugh.
It also sucked because the movie took place during the day which looked stupid

Strangiato

Oct 28, 2017
Sim City 2013. The single most disappointing game in the history of the industry.

Breath of the Wild. Hyped through the stratosphere. Not even a top 5 Zelda game.

Deleted member 32726

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Still use that Steambox. Outrageously expensive, but super small. Basically a gamecube for me, but also a hand-me-down for my brother.

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
I don't think steam machines were bad and the whole concept is better than ever thanks to Valve's work on getting windows programs to work on Linux, but it seemed as much of a move to tell Microsoft to back off with UWP than a full fledged year of linux on desktop

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
You can't blame google for google fibers failure, the big telecoms and cable providers are the ones to blame with their monopolies and laws that keep everyone away from their poles.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I didn't buy it, but the Fire Phone is a great tech misstep of the last decade.

4 front facing cameras dedicated to making glassesless 3D screen and 3D content a thing.

17.jpg

Deleted member 41638

Banned
Apr 3, 2018
The weight of both devices makes them (nearly) unusable for some people. I really hope Oculus focuses more on comfort in the next iterations.

I have an Odyssey+ and it was alright at first but after getting a leather faceguard and adding a strap that goes over the head the thing is so comfortable, at least compared to the Quest and Vive (only other ones I've worn).

I'm hoping for cheaper wireless options next gen, and it seems like streaming could get rid of the need for a PC. Sure Stadia has its faults but the tech is heading in the right direction and I think it would be perfect for streaming games to VR headsets.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
At Disneyland Galaxys edge I bought a $150 DJ R3X that's supposed to be a bluetooth speaker plus RC droid. Shit takes 8 batteries to operate the droid itself PLUS another 4 or 6 in the remote to control.
Using it only lasts a good 4 hours before not being able to use it as a bluetooth speaker anymore. Such a waste of money, I wish I could sell it.
Followed by that Steam play box. Thing didnt work, I think I only paid $10 for it anyway.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Google Fiber is working great for me here in SF, dunno what y'all are blabbering about.

Mine would be:
Wii_U_Console_and_Gamepad.png

Nov 27, 2017
California
At Disneyland Galaxys edge I bought a $150 DJ R3X that's supposed to be a bluetooth speaker plus RC droid. Shit takes 8 batteries to operate the droid itself PLUS another 4 or 6 in the remote to control.
Using it only lasts a good 4 hours before not being able to use it as a bluetooth speaker anymore. Such a waste of money, I wish I could sell it.

you can......
It's only available at Galaxys edge so sell it on the buy/sell forum or eBay or reddit
Get your money back

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Looking back on the Wii U now, in the comfort of the Switch era, it's hard for me to see it as disappointing. Like... it was... but it also gave us such great games that it's failure as a commercial product doesn't really bother me all that much. I didn't regret buying it as it let me play Tropical Freeze, Mario 3D World and Pikmin 3 at launch.

Probably The Hobbit movies.

Noog

â–˛ Legend â–˛
May 1, 2018
I'm bummed Smartglasses never took up in any meaningful way. Call them pointless, and you're probably right, but I think having sunglasses that can interact with the world around you, give you directions, identify objects, etc., is really cool. Extravagant? Totally. Cool? Hell yeah. Maybe this decade.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
2016 Macbook Pro with touchbar.

I used to be a big Apple fanboy but holy shit that was not a good laptop. While I was mostly fine with the shallowness of the keyboard, the construction was ass and a half. It broke more than any other keyboard I've owned in my entire life. It was a piece of shit. The touchbar was pointless jank that was bugged for probably a good year and a half to two years. It was also just obviously less convenient with the move to just USB-C plugs.

Redeye97

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Any Android tablet I bought since the Nexus 7. I started out with an iPad 1 and loved it to death, but it was starting to get old about 2 years later when the Nexus 7 came out. Ended up trading in the iPad for it, and for the first few days I was in love with the device.

But the cracks immediately started to show with the build quality. Mine had the lifting screen issue many early models seem to have had. Also the Tegra 3 seemed to chug on certain tasks involving downloading anything. It was enough to have me return it and buy a Galaxy Tab 2. Ended up hating the screen. It would get grimy and unpleasant to use very easily.

Yet I stuck with android for some reason. Ended up buying a Transformer Pad T3, which was great at everything except at being the laptop replacement it wanted so badly to be, and a Lenova Yoga, which was great for the kickstand, but at that point I was realizing I never used these things for productivity, and I was beginning to miss the iPad user experience.

I loved the idea of Tablets replacing laptops, but in the end they were just disappointing. By the time google just started treating them like oversized phones, I was already done with them. I might go with an iPad again if I ever decide to buy another. I think there's a reason they still seems to be in the tablet game.

Last edited:

Deleted member 13645

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The hover boards.
61WG5tbviyL._SX425_.jpg

How dare they name something that and it doesn't hover. It's a fucking Segway with no handlebars, not a hover board.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Playstation TV. Never even opened it.
I ended up with two.

Girlfriend bought me one. Used it once for its intended purpose, then hacked it to play my ripped PSP UMDs.

Bought another one a few years later for $30 on clearance just to play Persona 4 Golden. Haven't used either in years.

Shalashaska

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nexus 5 for me. The hardware was complete crap, and my device literally fell apart after using it for only 2 years. Android also just wasn't for me, and it never felt as nice to use as the iPhone I had previously. It's easily the most disappointing tech product I bought in the last decade.

The 3DS and Vita were the big gaming letdowns to me. That whole handheld generation was such a step down from the previous one.

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A film is a product, so shush. This is what hurt me the most, JJ was supposed to show us the future not wallow in the past.

71P30QVnE3L._SY679_.jpg

Yup. Killed any interest on the ST and I am glad, since I am only having fun with the leaks and the controversy. I didn't even watched The last Jedi.

Madalorian is ok-ish for now though.

Oct 27, 2017
I started this decade as a PC only gamer and am ending it as a PC only gamer. In between, I spent a lot of money on other consoles that I absolutely shouldn't have. Vita, 3DS and Wii U in particular. I also flipped and made impulsive decisions on both the PS4 and Xbox One that I could probably have done without.

Evan

Oct 27, 2017
-Disney with Star Wars
-Dice/EA with battlefield
-Apple with the MacBook Pro keyboards
-MS releasing the Xbox one.
-Uncharted 4

Can't think of much more. I'm sure there are other movie franchises that were effectively killed off this decade, but SWs sticks out the most. Sony released a good console, but I sold the PS4 before they really started to hit their stride.

Thought of one more...the Paranormal Activity franchise. PA1 and 2 were great horror films, then they had to run them into the ground.

Last edited:

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Cost cutting including staffing cuts, maintenance deferrals, severe cuts to attractions in production. All while increasing prices for everything by unprecedented amounts.
This has been devastating in the last few years particularly.
Interesting. I haven't noticed honestly... I know a couple of people who work in the parks and I remember them saying that while Shanghai Disneyland was under construction, it caused widespread funding issues, but I assumed things recovered. Is there any online coverage that points it out?

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Interesting. I haven't noticed honestly... I know a couple of people who work in the parks and I remember them saying that while Shanghai Disneyland was under construction, it caused widespread funding issues, but I assumed things recovered. Is there any online coverage that points it out?

It's constant, yes, press has been covering it for years. Especially recently with Disney started cutting staff drastically: https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs...performers-as-prices-rise-and-attendance-lags

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm more disappointed in people for not buying the Wii U than I am disappointed in the Wii U. I'd buy it again.

If films are products, then 100% this piece of shit:

jeepers_creepers_three.jpg

I'm not talking about the director. I knew about his past back when the first two movies came out and loved them in spite of it. But the third one is both terrible and insulting. The director hyped it up for ten years that we were gonna get answers about the Creeper's past, and on TWO OCCASIONS, we see the main characters having visions about his past but we don't see the visions and we learn nothing. Literally nothing. There was also an inappropriate "jail bait" joke in the version that was sent to reviewers that was thankfully cut from the movie that was sent to theaters, but just the fact that an ex-pedophile wrote and shot that moment and left it in the film until the last second is disturbing, but it's the least of the film's issues. The CGI is impressively awful and the creative and directorial choices simply baffling. I recommend watching it just to be able to point at it and laugh.

You're telling me that you didn't like several characters talking about how they know "the secret" and how we all now know "the secret" and we can defeat the Creeper. Fuck that movie

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Wii U and Switch, dunno why I tried getting into Nintendo a second time last year. Both consoles sold.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017