• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
What track disappointed you the most out of any game this gen? For me it has to be King Cerberus from DMCV. After the awesomeness Cerberus track from DMC3, I was really hyped up. I got even more excited when the beginning started off with Cerberus sample from DMC3. Then the real track cam eon and I was like WTF is this shit. I think hearing the remixes for Griffon, Nightmare and Shadow, it got me really hype to hear King Cerberus. I know his battle was frantic and all but it just didn't go with him at all. Matter of fact it made the fight become really boring.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Some of the goofy butt rock in FF7R felt really out of place, especially during that parachute scene. Really undermined the tone of the rest of the scene.

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
The new ending theme in Persona 5 Royal. Even without comparing it to the original, which was so damn good, it just isn't that great or worth listening to on it's own.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The new ending theme in Persona 5 Royal. Even without comparing it to the original, which was so damn good, it just isn't that great or worth listening to on it's own.

Wut is this opinion. Our light is amazing and far better than stars and us.

In fact, our light is finally on the same tier as never more and memories of you while stars and us is the weakest of the credit songs.

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
Dragon Quest XI's overworld theme, especially the badly-synthesised original version.

I hate those repeating notes at 44 seconds in with every fibre of my being.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
KH3's final boss theme. I don't even remember it well because I was so disappointed in it.

KH 3 music in general would probably fit tbh. There are still some good tracks of course, but they don't really stick out the same way a lot of them in previous entries did. Remixes in re:Mind are amazing though. Vector to heavens will always get me.

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
All of Uncharted 4. Uncharted 2 and 3 were GOAT adventure game soundtracks, 4 was just forgettable.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

It just...sounds bad, the violins sound especially bad (starting at 00:42), just compare it to this and you'll get what I mean:

Really a big dissapointment of a final boss theme for KH3 of all games. Thank god Yozora fight came and gave us an incredible music piece.

Edit: Beaten already, seems I'm not the only one then, good.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Trial Mountain gets all the attention but Grand Valley is clearly the far better track. This is not even up for debate, I wish people would focus on this omission instead.
To be fair Deep Forest is my actual favourite. I do like Grand Valley though I prefer the original version to that in GT4 onwards!

Deleted member 4262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aside from FF7 I didn't really have any expectations, but DQXI's soundtrack is definitely shit tier. It's one of the main reasons I quit that game. KH3 also didn't impress me much.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Yoshi's Crafted World's OST after coming from the strong woolly world OST was something of a cruel joke and plays quite a strong part I feel in the game's lesser reception overall.

Of course this thread is focused on a track as opposed to a whole OST but fear not, Yoshi took one track and remixed it into oblivion, it's not offensively bad like say that DQ11 overworld but the effects of its mediocrity are all over crafted world

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Quest XI's overworld theme, especially the badly-synthesised original version.

I hate those repeating notes at 44 seconds in with every fibre of my being.

And it played for...50...hours!

My answer is DMC5s penultimate boss battle theme.

After Vergil having 3 (4 if we count Nelo Angelo) banger boss battle themes, we get...this.

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Though I had no expectations and found this moment hilarious, this is certainly in the running for the track I most closely associate with disappointment:

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the goofy butt rock in FF7R felt really out of place, especially during that parachute scene. Really undermined the tone of the rest of the scene.

FF7R's OST was all over the place. Some of the tracks were HUGE downgrades over the original (while there were certainly some excellent reimaginings, as well). I think the Turk's theme was the lowest low for me.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
To be fair Deep Forest is my actual favourite. I do like Grand Valley though I prefer the original version to that in GT4 onwards!

I dunno, I kinda think Deep Forest is like the dark, edgy version of Trial Mountain.

Grand Valley though, whew it lives up to it's name. That great bridge, cheerful wide open sunny areas, great sweeping corners mixed with low speed ones, long straight, very difficult technical section - it has everything!

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Bayonetta 2's final boss theme
Xenoblade 2's final boss theme
Xenoblade X's entire soundtrack

Disagree with the King Cerberus theme, OP. It's not a remix but it's damn good. But Imma be a hypocrite and say I was disappointed by the Gerudo village theme in Breath of the Wild for not being a Gerudo Valley remix

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
WHA?! I loved the new take on this theme. I actually loved all the updated tracks in the Remake.

I hate it so much!! Not only the style, the quality of the synth is terrible, it sounds so cheap!

Mind you, if we had a "Your biggest surprise track of this gen" I would put On Our Way, damn what an update.

Apr 3, 2020
Dante vs Vergil battle theme (The Duel) in DMC5 is really disappointing. I came into the battle expecting a cover of Vergil's theme or Devil Never Cry. But we got something else that never capture or dosen't fit the moment.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Throw Away Your Mask?????
I hope not cause that is one of the best final boss themes ever

theymassacredmyboy.gif
overall though the OST is awesome.

that track is awesome! but that is not the right name iirc, I have the OST and that track is called something else.

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Throw Away Your Mask?????
I hope not cause that is one of the best final boss themes ever

that track is awesome! but that is not the right name iirc, I have the OST and that track is called something else.

No, the credits theme Our Light. It's honestly probably the only ending theme in the series I don't ever feel like even giving a full listen to lol.

OP
OP
Wing Scarab

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Bayonetta 2's final boss theme
Xenoblade 2's final boss theme
Xenoblade X's entire soundtrack

Disagree with the King Cerberus theme, OP. It's not a remix but it's damn good. But Imma be a hypocrite and say I was disappointed by the Gerudo village theme in Breath of the Wild for not being a Gerudo Valley remix
You are correct, it wasn't a remix. I just wish it was as good as Cerberus.

Last edited:

MC_Leon6494

Sep 7, 2018

theymassacredmyboy.gif

overall though the OST is awesome.

I loved that song!! It's so goofy and fun and good!

On to Uncharted 4 which had a pretty middling soundtrack, although there was that standout moment with Elena and Nate driving up to New Devon and the song "For Better or Worse" comes in while all the other sound effects fade out and you just sit there with Nate and Elena reflecting on their relationship and everything that's happened. That moment is so good.