• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ITT:
Hi-Mike.jpg

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Probably some 14+ hour crap in Ragnarok Online back in the day. I used to grind a lot.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
It probably wasn't literally one straight session that I never got up from or tabbed out of, but I remember pulling an all nighter when The Witness came out and finishing it like 12 hours after it launched on Steam or something stupid.

That's a good game.

Spartan

Nov 14, 2018
Back in the day of FFXI and different life, I could go on for 16 hours on weekends.

More recently, the open beta of FFXIV where I was getting up very early in the morning weekends so I could chuck in as many hours as I could before it ended.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
Can't remember but I imagine COD4 and MW2 multiplayer probably hold the record. I couldn't put Witcher 3 down when that first came out either.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse SƩrƩnissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Probably Morrowind at some point 20 years ago or so. It was probably something like 18 hours. Basically from the moment I got up until I went back to bed lol.

Ant78

Oct 27, 2017
About 18 hours for MGS2. I rented it and had college work get in the way. On the last day before I had to return it I woke up started the game up and played through the whole game in one sitting with only bathroom and snack stops. Those weird calls from the colonel late in the game really messed with my head at that point.

G_Zero

alt account
Banned
Mar 19, 2019
Metal Gear Solid 4. I started in the morning on release date, and didn't stop until finishing it the next morning. What a ride. My guess is that it took me 18-20 hours.

Khrno

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I don't remember exactly now, but around 2006-2007 during my FFXI peak, I might have done over 24 hours straight, several times.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
50+ hours of LittleBigPlanet 2 for a Guinness World Record event. Never again. šŸ¤£

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Your typical, start game at 8, will play till 11, oh look it's 4 am. So pick a Bethesda Open World from last-gen or more recently Civ 6. Nothing more than an 8 hour though unless I started playing Skyrim or Fallout New Vegas at 6 instead of 8 :D

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Destiny or Destiny 2 at launch. Probably 10 to 12 hours.

There might have been a longer session in college but that is going back over 15 years. Outside of a random lengthy session I rarely get to play for more than 2-3 hours at a time.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Probably around 9-12 hours when I was doing a marathon of all the SNES, PS1, and PS2 Final Fantasy games roughly 17-18 years ago. Was still in my 20s. Would come home, get some exercise and dinner in, and then play from like 6PM until anywhere between 3AM and 6AM, get a little bit of sleep, and then go into work by 8AM and function fine. I could never do that anymore!

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
I usually have an annual 24 hour sesh with my buddy. We did it about 3 years in a row before we now have to sleep at night. Gettin' olddd

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
I played through the entire story of Harvest Moon 64 - about 34 hours - in one sitting starting at bedtime on the Christmas it came out.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Some absurd hours playing WoW. On a technicality, the longest gaming session I left open was some PS2 or Gamecube game I left on because I did not have a memory card.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Pokemon Stadium on release day, I played all day. I was 10 years old and seeing all my favorite pokemon battles in 3D like that totally blew my mind. It was the first time I can remember totally losing track of time because I was so sucked in to a video game.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Has to be one of the Wow expansions, played until I passed out in front of the screen.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
I played Diablo 3 for 24 hours when it first came out, after I managed to actually get online. Have also played 12+ hours of RE5 and MGS4 when they came out. More recently I did play around 8 or so hours of Jedi Fallen Order straight.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
It's gotta be WoW on those first weekends. Probably something of the order of 15 hours or so.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I don't know how long the individual sessions were, because looking back at it I can't accept that I didn't sleep at least a little, but I once built a scale model of Rapper / actor Ice Cube in minecraft over 32 hours.

I had a bad habit of losing time in college, sometimes to games and sometimes to projects. I can think of multiple times I went as many as three days without any real sleep because of various projects. Not as bad anymore, worse thing that happens now is sometimes when my partner is out of town I forget to eat.

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
Nier Automata, I "knew" I was close to finishing it so I played for around 16 hours straight. Felt really weird afterwards. I might have surpassed that with WoW back in like 2005, but I don't think so.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Around 7 hours on two occasions: Blades of Steel on NES and Snatcher on Sega CD. I rushed the latter because it was a rental.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Probably 10-12 hours, in high school on a weekend going from noon/1pm to midnight or later wasn't that hard. Probably did it 3 or 4 times around big Xbox 360 releases.

In recent memory two Saturdays ago I played DQ XI for 8 hours and it was pretty great, don't get the opportunity for that much anymore though.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
In grade school I'm sure I pulled a 20+ hour gaming session on a low budget online Naruto game.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I don't know exactly how long was spent playing games but back in high school years ago my 3 closest friends and I were talking crap about who could stay up the longest so we all got on Xbox live and said last person who falls asleep gets $50 from each other person. You couldn't leave the mic for more than 5 min at a time.

Over the next 26hrs we played video games, watched bad horror movies, and talked about everything from girls to careers to yo momma jokes. I came in 2nd, still had to pay lmao I couldn't hold on. So not all video games the entire time but a lot was played.

Aug 1, 2018
Back in the Counter-Strike 1.6 / CS: Source days, I used to do 12-15 hour play sessions like every weekend

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A buddy and myself played Minecraft Saturday evening until Monday morning when we realized it was time to go school (high school).

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I may or may not have played RDR2 from 9pm-5am last night.

Not my record though. That belongs to Dead State. 15 hours, no breaks.