• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I eat most of my food from a bowl as it makes it easier to ensure I don't eat too much. I first fill up half of the bowl with baby spinach, lettuce etc. and then I put the rest of the food on top until it reaches the edge. When I eat from a regular plate, it's hard to to see what is too much as you don't really account for the height of the food you're stacking.

I work out from home with a workout bench, free weights, jump rope etc. In between sets, I do chores like the dishes, cleaning, hanging laundry. This ensures I don't lose the momentum in between sets, without overly straining myself.

I pay all of my bills the day before my salary comes in. This way I always make sure to put away enough money, which in turns means I'm more cautious about my spending and never go broke.

Don't know if this is a lifehack, but whenever I have a day off and don't have any plans, I immediately go for a walk after getting ready in the morning. This ensures that I actually do something when I come home, instead of just spending the whole day aimlessly without doing anything specific.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
I put my 7-Eleven taquitos in the hot dog box instead of the intended paper bag.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I use the hangers provided in hotel room closets to help keep the window blinds clipped together for total darkness.

I eat beefaroni straight out the can

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
8xZA8UR.jpg

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never reheat leftovers. I just eat them cold. Saves time.

OP
OP
Fudgepuppy

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whenever I eat cheez doodles or something like it (cheez ballz or whatever), I eat them with a fork. Makes sure I don't get nasty fingers.

QuinchoOsito

Oct 10, 2018
When you make microwave popcorn, after you've opened the bag, lay it down flat and then just cut off the top so you don't have to keep reaching into the greasy bag. Similarly, if you're down to the dregs on a bag of chips, just cut the bag down to the point where you are so you can just eat from there. Live your best life.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you eat the ends pieces of white bread you get two extra slices. Life hack.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
When you make microwave popcorn, after you've opened the bag, lay it down flat and then just cut off the top so you don't have to keep reaching into the greasy bag. Similarly, if you're down to the dregs on a bag of chips, just cut the bag down to the point where you are so you can just eat from there. Live your best life.
I do this with In-N-Out fries since I order usually 2 or 3. Toss 'em all in the fry bag and trim it down. Very smart, yes.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
Or just put them in a bowl.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
buy industrial grade velcro and then use it to put everything behind and under stuff to hide it from view and free up space.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
You know those little clips that come with bread? I put them on the end of power cords behind my TV and use a marker to write what they go to. So I have TV, Xbox, Switch, Router, Modem, etc. So then, when you need to unplug something, you don't have to trace back the snaking lines of cords to know which cord goes to what.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
You know those little clips that come with bread? I put them on the end of power cords behind my TV and use a marker to write what they go to. So I have TV, Xbox, Switch, Router, Modem, etc. So then, when you need to unplug something, you don't have to trace back the snaking lines of cords to know which cord goes to what.
Oh shit. This is actually great.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you need to quickly chill a beverage can or bottle, but it in a container with ice, water, and salt. Put the lid on and either shake it or leave it for a minute or two. Now your beer or soda is nice and cold.

Another method is to wrap it in a wet paper towel and leave it in the freezer for 20 minutes.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
After hitting 950 light on my Warlock I moved the weapons to my hunter and titan and used the collections and season pass rewards to get them to 940ish light level. Then just did the powerfull rewards and all three are now 950.

saved so much time

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Message people in your life that you haven't spoken to in a while! It's easy and probably free. It makes them feel better and it makes you feel better too!

rasu

Dec 22, 2017
clear nail polish comes in handy for sealing things/ making labels waterproof. For instance: put your name on your tools with a label maker and then coat 'em in clear nail polish! It much harder for someone to scratch them away. I also once fixed a tiny hole in one of my cars highbeams, which was letting water in a blowing up the bulb, by coating the hole with layer upon layers of nail polish until it sealed shut. Happened 3 years ago and haven't had to replace a bulb since.

Jon_Sama

Aug 19, 2018
put a slice of bread in your container containing brown sugar to prevent it from turning into a brick of sugar.

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
In-N-Out fries suck why would you order more of it?
Order that shit extra crispy and they're actually edible

Genuinely good idea

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Used to boil tea water
Microwave works just aswell and is way faster

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
When you got a cold and it has affected your throat try gargling with a glass of hot water(bit more than warm but not a temperature that'll burn it) mixed with salt 2-3 times a day for 2-3 days. You will get some relief instantly and in 2-3 days it'll be as good as before.

myojinsoga

Oct 29, 2017
Acqueous cream is by far and away the best and cheapest product to use as a shaving gel / foam / oil. A few dabs cover your face, keeps your skin happy and slippery, and doesn't stick to the razor blades beyond a quick rinse with water. A large tub costs a fiver, and lasts a year.