• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
KOTOR but not a Revan story, I don't think Revan could be done properly in a movie format.

Whatever it is, nothing from the ST should come back. Just bury it

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Imagine an even bigger Death Star. Bigger than Starkiller base. With a gun that can blow up galaxies!

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I think future Star Wars movies needs to ditch all the tropes and the story beats that they have used for the past 9 episodes.
TROS just proved to me that it isn't working anymore.
Everything is so formulaic and predictable.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Honestly I would just let it sit for a long time and just do Guardians movies. Nothing in the SW catalogue touches Guardians 1 aside from Empire.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted some Ben Solo stuff where he really really earns and lives out his redemption, but that shit isn't gonna happen so I dunno. I guess just do Old Republic and the far future

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
While I actually like the ST as a whole, I'm kind of done with all of it. Like, I wouldn't mind cameos of Finn or Poe as statesmen or generals, or of Rey as a Jedi master, training one of our new heroes. But they should start telling new stories, with new people and places that aren't connected to the Skywalker saga.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
No Episode X, they should leave it at that.

I'll be open for Disney+ shows or animated spin-offs that continue the adventures of Sequel Trilogy characters, though. They kinda deserve better after how it wrapped up, just like how The Clone Wars gave PT characters a chance to shine.

What I want from future movies is far-flung stories where there's no empire and it's an entirely new cast of characters, with the exception of maybe incredibly old droids. Bring in new conflicts, planets, etc.

Old Republic would be fine but I don't have confidence they won't change it up enough. One of my least fave things about the KotOR games is that it's basically identical in technology, factions, and aesthetics to the movies.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Came up with what I imagine the opening crawl would be for my proposed Episode X on page 1:

EPISODE X

LEGACY OF THE SITH

Over a decade of relative peace has existed since the fall of the First Order. General Poe Dameron leads the New Republic Army as they hunt down the few remaining First Order factions, commanded by Supreme Leader Thrawn. Senator Finn pushes for constant vigilance in the Galactic Senate as the skirmishes continue.

Jedi Master Rey Skywalker trains a new generation of Jedi on Tatooine. The galaxy has shown great distrust of her, with knowledge of her dark lineage out in the open. Now, whispers of a hidden son of the legendary Luke Skywalker have caused unrest, and Rey has embarked on a journey to track down this alleged heir.

Elsewhere, in the shadows, a group of cultists calling themselves the Remnants of Exogol seek out relics of the past to pass on the knowledge of the Sith. With the history of the Dark Side of the Force at stake, these villains expand the range of their search and their cruelty...

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Ep. X:

A nobody on a desert planet gets caught up in a battle for freedom between an empire and a resistance.

Shoot, that was Abrams fresh take on Star wars, as well as the first Star wars film.

moustascheman

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Since TROS was kinda like Dark Empire, I guess it's time for the Vong to return.

Speaking seriously, I'd rather they do an alternate timeline where's Luke's jedi temple wasn't destroyed or something so far past the current timeline that the events of the sequel trilogy don't really matter.

My dream episode 7 (before the official one was revealed) was a smaller scale story of old man Luke roaming the outer rim and other non-republic controlled territories of the galaxy, recruiting force sensitives (who are new characters) while searching for a home for his jedi order.

During the adventure Luke and his ragtag bunch would fend off all manner of threats including mercenaries, bounty hunters, and even a (non-sith) dark side user. While Luke would definitely be an important character, the story would really focus on the various apprentices he recruits, exploring their personal conflicts, histories, and struggles to become Jedi.

Along the way you'd hear about things happening in the rest of the galaxy, such as political events in the republic but they wouldn't be focused on and only really mentioned in passing. Instead the world-building would be focused on new and exciting places that we've never seen before.

The movie would end with Luke reestablishing a new order, fulfilling his dream, and passing the torch for the next generation.

But since Luke is dead in the current timeline and the galaxy is kinda in chaos, maybe there could be a timeskip and an older Rey could do this, although her sith heritage might be an issue.

Last edited:

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Do a ten year time jump with an older Rey. Shes created a new Jedi Order in the last ten years, only to find out that she wasnt the only one to recreate the Jedi Order in the galaxy as she encounters a Jedi named Mara Jade who leads a group of Jedi bounty hunters who've thrown away the old teachings in favor of freedom.

Mara Jade turns out to be Luke Skywalker's daughter (TWIST!!), who was abandoned by him in favor of recreating his Jedi Order.

In other parts of the galaxy, a prophecy about the return of Ben Solo inspired various force sensitive to rise up from the doldrums both light and dark alike.

The plot? Well only one sect is being chosen to ally itself with the New Republic. Join Rey on a diplomatic mission to gain the support of senators as she legitimizes her academy as the successor of the Jedi Order. Also Baby Yoda is now an adult now, but due to him being raised by a prolific bounty hunter his fate is unknown. WHOSE SIDE IS HE ON?

The movie climax with Jedi Olympics.

Oct 26, 2017
No episode X, no ST spinoffs, make movies as far removed from the Skywalker Saga as possible or stick to the OT era

moustascheman

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
I feel like whatever antagonists come next, they should be smaller and more morally gray, with a much more personal conflict than the prequels/OT. This is one of the problems with the sequels where they went larger and larger with each movie which blew up massively in their faces by TROS. If you keep upping the stakes like this with every film, it kinda devalues the past (what's the point of the chosen one prophecy and Luke and Anakin's actions if an even more powerful empire is gonna show up in a few decades) and turns the conflicts into predictable good vs evil fate of the galaxy type wars. There's also a limit to how dangerous you can make an enemy before it gets ridiculous.

This is actually something Clone Wars did really well in many of its arcs where the conflict was fairly important but not so much so that the fate of the galaxy was at risk. I think the best example would be the Mandalore arc which was way more interesting than another Empires vs Rebels conflict.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I don't want to see any of these people ever again. Either go far into the future where all these people are dead and gone or go far back into the old republic when Force users were everywhere and the general military was trained to combat force users as a matter of survival.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
Episode 0: The Rule of Two
Sheevs illustrious Live as a young Politician and aspiring Sith Lord.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Where's the option to just fuckin quit.

stop making these movies. The ship has sailed.

the problem is that you aren't going to please anyone. You have three generations of people all with beliefs about what they want to see and who all want and expect different things catered to them specifically.

I do not believe it possible at all to bridge the gap between three generations of Star Wars fans and make something that will please all of them.

And all it does is completely wear those of us out who happen to like all 3 generations of movies but have to constantly hear how we are wrong and how much something sucks.

then there are people like me who can enjoy all the movies and I'm okay with more.

I'm 41