• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 29, 2017
NL
Jackson Guitars made a handful of guitars for Nintendo to promote Majora's Mask back in the day. They were all prizes in contests and stuff. I play guitar so it's a sort of really unique desire of mine. No one has any idea where any of them are.

zoraxe_950.jpg

Reminds me of From Dusk till Dawn lol

xqzKK.gif

Deleted member 14002

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You do? Lots of people think they have it but just have an unlimited printing of it. What's makes the card valuable isn't just the first edition stamp, but the version of the stamp that was used.

There are effectively five printings of the Base Set Charizard that are only distinguished by printing features. They range anywhere from $30-$2000 in value, so which one you have makes a huge difference.

But maybe you know this already.

Wife collects and is super into the scene. She confirmed it was the 2k print when I showed her my collection

bakeray

Oct 28, 2017
My Phantasy Star Online collection, without a doubt. This photo is missing my PSO Episode III Trial Edition, original PC version, and a few other promo videos. Oh, and the VMU.

mKgUCDu.jpg
Yup, I have majority of these, as well as the ASCII Keyboard Controller for the GC. The Dreamcast/PSO era was probably my favorite time of gaming. I've sold a lot of stuff but still have the majority of this. When I get my own place, I want to start collecting DC stuff again. There was so much cool stuff (Dream Studio, dreamcast camera, twin sticks, Seaman), and I love the japanese box art for a majority of the titles.

I still really want a mint pair of Samba De Amigo maracas.. they had them at my ebgames for a long time, they marked them down on clearance at 39.99 and I almost bit but figured I'd wait a little longer. The next time I went in I was going to buy them and the guys told me they marked them down to 29.99 earlier that day and someone bought them. So angry.

Oct 27, 2017
Probably the Sony SNES PlayStation prototype.

But what I do have, that is locked away, is an actual copy of the unreleased EA fighting game Thrill Kill.

jewelcase_front1.jpg

Guardians

Banned
Dec 23, 2017
I don't get this...is this just sealed away in the hopes it gains value ($$) in the future? I get loving the game, but having a condition rating this soon after release is weird to me.
Ok :) The reason why this game got rated early was because now these games are in a very good condition. And as a collector i don't have them because I hope gains value in the future. I bought this one because it's also uncirculated, which means it was newer in a store where hundreds of people have touched this game with their dirty fingers ;) As a collector stuff like this is great to know and makes this game special ;)

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The "VGA" is a scam though and they actually don't do what they say they do. People have sent all sorts of unsealed or incomplete retail games, games with damages,etc, to get graded and they often come back with high grades. They're bilking money out of collectors for some fake "prestige value."

RenorMirshann

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
Poland
Witcher 1 artbook from the CE. I have the artbooks from 2 and 3, but the first one is really hard to find and when someone sells it, it's for a lot of money.

HybridSnyper

Oct 27, 2017
I have two: my copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga for Saturn and Snatcher for Sega CD.

PDS I got bundled with Dragon Force for $225 on eBay about 9 years ago. That was a steal even then. Sadly, it survived a house fire so while it still plays fine, it's not pretty to look at anymore.

Snatcher I finally bought last year. I got an awesome new job, and that was my way of celebrating.

redrohX

Nov 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I own the Panasonic Q (which is a GameCube and DVD player made by Panasonic), which in itself might not be super special. But I also own the Panasonic Q GameBoy Player... So both are still boxed and as a set they are super rare and special!

But my personal holy grail is a Neo Geo. I've never ever seen one in real life and so I've never played a game on it. Since my early teens this was the ultimate console to own... a holy grail by itself. There were times when I almost bought one on Ebay (10/15 years ago), but I never did... Now I just regret it and since prices of hardware and games are only increasing I might never own one.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
I always thought it'd be hella cool to own an arcade machine. I love the idea of it, although practically it probably isn't the most amazing thing.

No specific game in mind. Either a fighting game or something super old school maybe?

I'd probably be better off building a more robust machine with a raspberry pi to be honest, but hey it's fun to think about.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
My favorite genre is survival horror and I do collect quite a few games in that genre. Unfortunately I haven't gotten around to collecting the three I've wanted to collect for a while (money restraints more than anything) :

Rule of Rose (NA copy) : I've played through this game twice, it has absolutely awful combat but the game itself is actually really interesting. I really enjoyed the game even with the horrid combat just because of how weird it all was. Unfortunately it goes for 190+ dollars for a complete NA copy. I'm not trying to spend that much at the moment. I almost did, a game store where I used to live in WA had two copies of it for 200 each, but I didn't jump on it. Maybe I should have.

Haunting ground (NA copy): I love haunting ground. It follows in the same footsteps as Rule of Rose with an obscure story, and a dog companion. It's significantly cheaper but I don't trust buying straight off Ebay I tend to like going to physical stores to get the games, and I have yet to see it in a store. It usually only runs like 100 to 150 though.

Kuon (NA copy) : Kuon is crazy as hell and I've beaten it multiple times, I just haven't ever gotten to own an NA copy of it. It's hard to even find an NA copy of it, currently I only see one on ebay and it is at 160 dollars with 2 days left.

I want to increase my collection of survival horror just in a bad spot right now to spend that much on one game (any of those 3).

The_Lump

Oct 28, 2017
Panasonic Q was/is the ultimate for me. Goddamn I wanted one of those beauties.

Also, a Spice Orange GC (although somewhat easier to get)

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
I have two: my copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga for Saturn and Snatcher for Sega CD.

PDS I got bundled with Dragon Force for $225 on eBay about 9 years ago. That was a steal even then. Sadly, it survived a house fire so while it still plays fine, it's not pretty to look at anymore.

Snatcher I finally bought last year. I got an awesome new job, and that was my way of celebrating.

Nice! I have those both. I'm the original owner of my PDS. I just picked up Burning Rangers as a treat for my annual bonus. It was expensive, but not exorbitantly so.

My Holy Grail though has to be my 20th Anniversary PS4. Mint still new in box.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Same grail here; I picked up a copy of Cubivore for like $25 or so at a Gamestop back in 2008ish, I think as part of some clearance BOGO special to clear our their GC stock if I remember correctly. I was able to clean the stickers off and it's in pretty damn good condition, manuals and all. It was already pretty rare at the time, which is why I ultimately decided to nab the copy they had despite it being one of the most expensive GC games there, but I never expected it was going to hit the value mark it has today.

*checks eBay*

Holly shit! I need to sell my copy! When I bought mine, it was missing the instruction manual, luckily, you could order them directly from Atlus at the time.

Nestunt

Oct 27, 2017
Porto, Portugal
The PS1 games I never sold back:

Final Fantasy VIII
Bushido Blade
Tekken 3
Ridge Racer Type 4
Rollcage
Vagrant Story
Street Fighter Ex Plus Alpha
CTR

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Had a sealed copy of Suikoden 2 for years. Ended up selling it a while back for like $700.

DeadMoonKing

Nov 6, 2017
Probably my CiB copy of BUSHI Seiryuden. I need to get the battery changed though, cuz the old one is dead. Anyone know a reputable person who can do it in the Orange County/Lower LA County area?

Ricitor

Oct 27, 2017
Mine would be between an original copy of Metal Gear for the MSX (box a bit in tatters but manual is solid) or a sealed copy of Rule of Rose. Unfortunately for RoR I'm sure it was a reprint due to black casing but still a valuable item.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
My holy grail was buying a Famicom and I did just that a few years ago. Bought one from an eBay seller that repaints them so they look brand new and installs an AV mod plus it came with eight Mario Famicom carts.

rYoEP1zl.jpg

AleC3wjl.jpg

iujpQqvl.jpg

8ctOMxAl.jpg

LeO5Ltcl.jpg

8efcWsAl.jpg

BqToyopl.jpg

KQwqe6Dl.jpg

I've since probably bought an extra 30 games and I love 'em so much. I buy a few carts now and again but it's nothing I'm serious about, it's just a neat thing to own. Unfortunately I probably play it a whole lot since I have a RetroUSB AVS to use and the one tube-based display I own will likely get tossed in a year or two as it has a major physical imperfection and bothers (Maybe to get replaced with something nicer, we'll see.)

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have a double sealed bundle of five RE4 GCN demos. It's a one of a kind item and likely the only one in existence. Might try to list for $10k.

Sealed copies:
Zelda OOT collectors (N64)
FF3 (SNES)
Chrono Trigger (SNES)

Rule of Rose isn't especially rare. It's also garbage and way overpriced. If people want a good/expensive horror game on PS2 they should opt for Haunting Ground.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
I have a prototype of Winter Olympics on Sega Genesis/Mega Drive, my girlfriend got that on his genesis lot that she give me. I know i'm not alone because i've found a photo of the same exact prototype online some year ago. But still quite unique !

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
An absolute near mint condition PSX copy of Valkyrie Profile

mkiN2Ip.jpg

QlJz1A9.jpg

yPWRNRV.jpg

34VRdYz.jpg

Most of the time I keep the game wrapped up in it's bubble package, I wouldn't dare put the game inside my PS3 to play it in fear of wearing out the discs.

In fact, I don't even play the game with the discs anymore, instead I rely on a backed up copy and play it via a PSX emulator.

I also own a green label greatest hits version of Final Fantasy VII that is in the same condition, but I'm huge tri-Ace fan, so my copy of Valkyrie Profile is the highlight of my entire collection.

I suppose a more recent holy grail would be my complete collection of Mini consoles, I own the NES, SNES, PSX, and now Genesis Mini and also adding the TG16 to the collection as well, but it's not out yet so can't consider it complete.

A shame the Neo Geo Mini is modeled after an Arcade Machine, would have prefered to look like small AES console instead.

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Mine was the AES version of SVC Chaos. I sold all of my NEOGEO games a few years back. I had to clean. Some house.

I also has a copy of Steel Battalion until about 2010. So goddamn bulky, I wish I had kept it, but it's ok.

I don't collect a whole lot anymore, but I find myself creeping back into it. I just ordered the limited run edition of River City Girls.

Also have a few sealed copies of current gen games that are out of circulation.

shadowman16

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point probably my entire Capcom collection. Started out as just wanting to own every Mega Man game across Europe, USA and Asia and once I hit that target (you'd be amazed at how many weird Asia only releases there are on PC) I just expanded out to all Capcom games on each home console (all boxed). Right now I think I've managed to get everything up to Playstation/Saturn/N64 era, and even then I'm just missing the ultra obscure stuff at this point.

I guess my favourite stuff in the collection though is the Famicom original 7 Rockman games (1-6 + Rockboard), MM the Wily Wars (brand new, managed to get it cheap from a friend back in the day!), Mega Man X3 (PAL version CIB), all 5 GB MM games CIB (both the Euro and USA releases) the MM9 press kit (love it), and my MSH and Alien Vs Predator CPS2 boards.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
vVeD37sh.jpg

This is mine; it's admittedly nothing crazy, but is a nice and complete copy (I regret selling my original copy back in 1996), and more importantly, the game means a great deal to me.

I have thought about selling it recently to help fund some other gaming-related purchases, but can't bring myself to do it... yet.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I have a few games but the one worth the most right now is probably an unopened BOTW Master Edition.

bulletyen

Nov 12, 2017
My PS2 library is the most carefully curated of my 4 generations of Playstation games. I had at one point most of the games I ever wanted for it, but I had to move and so painfully got rid of about half of my library. I don't exactly regret it but excluding the stuff I got rid off, I've always wanted a more complete collection of horror games and a couple of other oddities that made the PS2 so special.

However, in recent years the price of those games, especially the horror ones, have skyrocketed and so it is no longer viable for me to collect them or I cannot justify the spending: Rule of Rose, Silent Hill 3 (which I had before), Obscure (which I had at one point), Clock Tower 3, Kuon, Echo Night Beyond, Ghosthunter... etc.

Fuck you, youtubers like Metal Jesus.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
I can't think of any one super valuable standout, but I'm glad I bought nearly every PS1 and PS2 RPG when they were either brand new or used for ~$15 at EB back in the day, all mostly MIB.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
I would happily get rid of the bulk of my game collection if it meant acquiring a gold NWC cart.

Ertai

Oct 28, 2017
2 things Warcraft related. One is big, the other small

wp_20160215_029-copyizk4c.jpg

deathwing_world-of-wai4jd3.jpg

This absolute unit took many years to be released after it's initial announcement. Long periods of time with no update until it finally released and was pretty much sold out everywhere. I found a small shop that offered it at a reasonable price and i couldnt be happier. It's huge, the wingspan is over 30 inches and the details are amazing.

wp_20151110_003-copyr0kd9.jpg

Sent out by Blizzard to people who were subscribed to WoW from day 1. It's a small replica of the big statue they have in front of their offices. Comes in an amazing box and on the bottom of the base it says:

The orc statue is a constant presence in our life at Blizzard entertainment. It's where we meet to talk, to eat, to celebrate. As we celebrate ten years of World of warcraft, we present this token of appreciation to you, stalwart adventurer. Thank you for being a constant presence in our lives as we adventure together.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
I'd say just from a raw rarity and two games that took me a while to find was my Atomiswave setup with arguably the two best games on the system Dolphin Blue & The Rumble Fish 2.

yLAMgsF.png

iE5qbqK.jpg

Cryoteck

Nov 2, 2017
I guess mine would be all 4 dot hack games with original cases, manuals, dvd, and game disks (obv).

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
A pristine copy of Cubivore that I found for 10 bucks years after it was hard to find

that i lost in a house fire along with all my other video games a few years back smh