• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
This looks funny here, but it is nothing compared to the deleted scene with Ki-Adi Mundi attacking a droid control ship.

First it's him and a bunch of Jedi, doing this embarrassing twirling shit at nothing as they slowly walk up the ramp. Then it cuts to the battle.

Then it cuts back to Ki-Adi, and this group are still doing this shit sloooowly down a hallway. The cuts to the battle.

Then cuts to the control room, a door opens, and these motherfuckers sloooowly move in, twirling like there's no tomorrow. It's fucking amazing. I like to imagine this is how they all go grab lunch.

Starts around 1:30

There's no staging, no choreography, no real shots with any kind of storytelling or visual language. It's just slow, effectless twirling. The prequels in a nutshell, really.

Try spinning, that's a good trick!

Y'all it's not better than The Phantom Menace. That movie is irrelevant to the overall story and didn't need to exist, but it's the most "Star Warsy" of any of the prequels. Yeah, Jar-Jar was cringey. So were Ewoks.

That's not to say that it was good. It was terrible. Just less terrible than Attack of the Clones.
Yep, you're right.

Padmé consoling Anakin right after he confessed to killing an entire tribe of Tusken Raiders.....
Indiscriminate murder might be tough on the victims, but think of the killer!

If someone you love did murder, just consult this handy cheat sheet for the correct response:

Murder Happened! What Now?
Oh my god, I have to call the authorities!
Get away from me, you psycho!
Sweet criminy, please don't kill me too!
Gosh, that must have been a lot of work! Do you need a hug? Bring it in, sweetie!

Last edited:

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
The film is ok. It did alright in reviews and box office too. I think it's biggest crimes are bad CGI and being filmed at 1080p digital.

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I do not "rag" on MCU and ST stuff.

I don't dislike ST stuff I dislike the last jedi. There's a nuance.

And I do not dislike the MCU whatsoever so I have no idea what you're talking about. I barely visit the MCU threads.

So show me where I've done it, you said I did it in this very thread.

And I said a movie's enjoyment has a lot to do with subjectivity. Objective metrics don't always translate into enjoyment and vice versa.
You can have a well made film that isn't enjoyable, and a wonky film that is enjoyable. It will depend on people, and taste.

I'm sure if you didn't set your post history to limited that would paint a very clear picture.

Next time you enter a thread complaining about TLJ, remember that you defend the PT like crazy.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Objectivity has little to do with one's enjoyment of a movie.

If you are not interested in cars whatsoever, chances are you're not gonna like Fast and Furious.

I don't have a huge interest in cars but still greatly enjoy the Fast and Furious films. That is a horrible analogy to make.

And even the worst of that series is still a better overall film than Attack of the Clones.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure if you didn't set your post history to limited that would paint a very clear picture.

Next time you enter a thread complaining about TLJ, remember that you defend the PT like crazy.

My posts don't show up if you type my name ? Beware I posted in the spoilers thread.

You accuse me of spreading hatred towards the MCU, and you said I did in in this thread.

First of all I barely ever visit MCU threads (and I enjoy the MCU, for the record), but how about this one ? Where did that come from ?

Second, I have the right to be negative about The Last Jedi. I have always made clear what I disliked about it.

Luckily enough I just explained to you that a movie isn't equal to the sum of its parts. I will absolutely concede that The Last Jedi has a lot of great scenes. And it has a ton of qualities. And yet the story and handling of certain characters has ruined the film for me. It's that simple. I'm not saying it's a terribly made film I'm saying I hate some choices it made as it hurts my enjoyment of the saga and this the sequels are forward it actively changes how I view the past films.

I'm not sure in what universe you think it's okay to act all superior because I didn't like the same space wizard movie you did. But okay.

I don't have a huge interest in cars but still greatly enjoy the Fast and Furious films. That is a horrible analogy to make.

And even the worst of that series is still a better overall film than Attack of the Clones.

"That one example you picked doesn't apply to me personally therefore it's terrible"

Ok dude.

It applies to me. I'm bored to tears with Fast and Furious. I'm not gonna say they're bad, I just have no interest in them. For entirely subjective reasons.

They're well enough made films, I just can't care for them. That was just an example.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Yeah AOTC is terrible. It's by far the worst Star Wars movie. It's just so boring! It's always the worst part of any Star Wars rewatch I've done.

Funnily enough I loved it as a kid just because I found Windu's purple lightsaber to be really cool. I'd skip everything until Windu's scenes and then turn it off

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck everything about this film. It's made to put you to sleep is the only logical answer I can come up with since it's entirely unwatchable.

0f9b092cba76c4fa85733fd1524b9b5d.jpg

Even using this gif as a response just beats episode 2 down further. It wished it was as good as the first PotC film.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
"That one example you picked doesn't apply to me personally therefore it's terrible"

Ok dude.

It applies to me. I'm bored to tears with Fast and Furious. I'm not gonna say they're bad, I just have no interest in them. For entirely subjective reasons.

They're well enough made films, I just can't care for them. That was just an example.
The point was you don't have to have a vested interest in certain subject matter to find certain films or works entertaining or well done. That is why it was a bad analogy.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
All 👏 three 👏 prequel 👏 trilogy 👏 movies 👏 are 👏 bad 👏

Attack of the Clones in particular is the worst piece of Star Wars media released that isn't titled "Holiday Special"

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
On paper, when discussed in terms of the saga's story and history, atleast they do things of consequence.

Yes they have bad dialog and pacing and tons of cringe and Anakins character development is god awful, but within context of the trade federation, fascist republic, the clones, and rise of the empire, it's half decently entertaining plot development for me.

And by half decent, I mean within the Star Wars/Marvel bubble where expectations are greatly, greatly, lowered of course.
I agree. The movies on their own are pretty trash with nothing of value, but the overarching story they add is amazing and my favourite part of star wars. The CW cartoon itself is enough for me to call this era the best in my opinion, and I like TPM only because it brought me that.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The point was you don't have to have a vested interest in certain subject matter to find certain films or works entertaining or well done. That is why it was a bad analogy.

I stated it was an example and I made clear what I meant several times.

The example I gave was just one that applied to me. There are many other situations you can come up with.

It's not about vested interest it's about subjectivity, affinities and taste. In my case, I have no care whatsoever for cars, therefore I am not fascinated by them and those action set pieces don't amaze as much as some other people.
Doesn't mean I can't enjoy a chase sequence in Terminator or Matrix, but yeah the F&F movies get stale because they rely on that. And there's nothing wrong with it, it's just not for me. That was the point.

There can be "objectively well made films" that I would hate. Just like wonky films can be very enjoyable for a multitude of reasons.

I thought clapping between words was something people stopped doing because it's arrogant and annoying af.

It's gonna fit right in with the other posts then !

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Honestly for me, after getting Disney plus and doing my rewatch of the prequels after years of mostly avoiding them (and a lot of time more recently rewatching the OT and the more recent Disney made films)- I'm honestly finding a lot to like, even in AOTC. Are there faults. Oh yes. But I mostly limit the bad stuff to any "romance" scenes between Padme and Anakin. Those are the worst. Bad performances, stilted dialogue, unconvincing in what its trying to convey, etc.

But where the rest of AOTC is concerned- I like the opening action, I like Obi Wan's whole detective arc, the discovery of Kamino/clone army and confrontation with Jango on land and in space. Anakin's return to Tatooine. And I greatly enjoy all the big action in the end on Geonosis. Here Anakin and Padme even have one romantic scene that actually works for me (Padme finally declaring her love as they are being led to their deaths).

So, other than the "romance", I mostly like the rest of the content of this film. Yes, I know many just don't like anything to do with Heyden Christensen and his performance in general as Anakin, but I find him mostly OK (again, excepting any attempts at romantic scenes with Padme). So pretty much skipping all of those river country scenes on Naboo, there is a decent remaining 2/3rds of a film for me. Don't get me wrong, still probably the weakest Star Wars film overall, but its not worthless, either.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
Padme goes from a pretty independent and strong leader in Episode 1 to a person who's willing to marry a child murderer and fascist incel stalker simply because he begs long enough.

Fuck episode 2

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Everybody loves Star Wars except for the movies they hate, which is every single movie. (except ESB and maybe sometimes ANH)

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017
I went to Disney+ to rewatch just the Geonosis arena scene, which I remember really liking at the time.

Holy cow, that shit does not hold up. So terribly paced, stilted action and acting. That moment when all the Jedi show up should be triumphant and exhilarating...and it just kind of....happens.

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
My posts don't show up if you type my name ? Beware I posted in the spoilers thread.

You accuse me of spreading hatred towards the MCU, and you said I did in in this thread.

First of all I barely ever visit MCU threads (and I enjoy the MCU, for the record), but how about this one ? Where did that come from ?

Second, I have the right to be negative about The Last Jedi. I have always made clear what I disliked about it.

Luckily enough I just explained to you that a movie isn't equal to the sum of its parts. I will absolutely concede that The Last Jedi has a lot of great scenes. And it has a ton of qualities. And yet the story and handling of certain characters has ruined the film for me. It's that simple. I'm not saying it's a terribly made film I'm saying I hate some choices it made as it hurts my enjoyment of the saga and this the sequels are forward it actively changes how I view the past films.

I'm not sure in what universe you think it's okay to act all superior because I didn't like the same space wizard movie you did. But okay.

And I have the same right to make fun of you for stanning for the PT, AotC of all films. :S

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Hostility and previous infractions for similar behavior
I went to Disney+ to rewatch just the Geonosis arena scene, which I remember really liking at the time.

Holy cow, that shit does not hold up. So terribly paced, stilted action and acting. That moment when all the Jedi show up should be triumphant and exhilarating...and it just kind of....happens.

It's the worst part of the film, that final act is really rough. I thought the rest was fine.

And I have the same right to make fun of you for stanning for the PT, AotC of all films. :S

I wasn't making fun of you anywhere or attacking you whatsoever.

But since you're such trash I won't bother with you again.

Deleted member 41638

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Probably the worst movie but one of the best things to happen to the Star Wars universe considering the wealth of (mostly) great media that came out based on that movie and the conflict started in it.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
Can we also talk about how much of a fucking creep Anakin is in this movie?

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
At multiple times during AOTC he does shit that would immediately turn off a woman's romantic interest in him.
  • Out of nowhere talks about how he cant stop thinking about her despite not seeing her for basically a decade
  • Keeps staring at her to the point where she actually has to tell him to fucking stop
  • Openly expresses fascist ideals to her fully knowing she doesn't agree with it politically
  • Unwanted touching
  • Straight up begs her to give him a chance

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
it wished it was as good as the fifth PotC film.
LOL.

There is a lot of Attack of the Clones I will defend, but most of it is on the technical side of things and not the storytelling side. I still enjoy quite a bit of the film, but also recognize that it is fucking horrible in so many ways.

At multiple times during AOTC he does shit that would immediately turn off a woman's romantic interest in him.
  • Out of nowhere basically talks about how he cant stop thinking about her despite not seeing her for basically a decade
  • Keeps staring at her to the point where she actually has to tell him to fucking stop
  • Openly expresses fascist ideals to her fully knowing she doesn't agree with it politically
  • Unwanted touching
  • Straight up begs her to give him a chance
Did any Jedi wear a fedora?

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
User banned (3 days): Hostility against other members, recently warned for similar
All three prequels were horribly written and over choreographed trash. Yes, all three of them.

Fuck TPM. Fuck AotC. Fuck RotS.

your opinion sucks

they had good parts and bad parts. to chalk them all up as trash is really fucking stupid.