• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bonus poll

• Time is going by so fast. There aren’t enough hours in a day, I try not to take things for granted.

Votes: 92 73.0%
  • Life is excruciatingly slow. Could someone please speed this thing up?

Votes: 34 27.0%

• Total voters

Paertan

Oct 28, 2017
Hell no. Only scenario I would see it happening is if the friend is to drunk. And us thinking yeah he can hang with us but we are not gonna let him drink anymore. But when the guards stop him we send him home in a cab and then go in.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
If you go in without your friend that's your choice, but you are a shitty friend no doubt.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
ID related? Go in bar, be memorable to bouncer. (For a bit later.)

Friend waits outside for 10min out of sight. You come back out and slip him your ID. Works every time. Social-engineering at its finest.

Bouncers never remember the faces on the ID, just the birthdate, and sometimes the face of the person entering but not usually. That's why I said be memorable so he lets the original person back in without ID.

If you're really slick, you can pass the ID around between 3 people while walking in. But that's up to the gods to decide that one lol done that one a few times thanks to my buddies who taught me.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
ID related? Go in bar, be memorable to bouncer. (For a bit later.)

Friend waits outside for 10min out of sight. You come back out and slip him your ID. Works every time. Social-engineering at its finest.

Bouncers never remember the faces on the ID, just the birthdate, and sometimes the face of the person entering but not usually. That's why I said be memorable so he lets the original person back in without ID.

If you're really slick, you can pass the ID around between 3 people while walking in. But that's up to the gods to decide that one lol

No bar is worth all that bullshit.

But to the OP, If you even have to ask , you werent really friends to begin with. Going to a bar is a social activity. If you wanted to gl alone, why go with friends in the first place?

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
No bar is worth all that bullshit.

But to the OP, If you even have to ask , you werent really friends to begin with. Going to a bar is a social activity. If you wanted to gl alone, why go with friends in the first place?
True. But sometimes someone just forgets their ID. Worth a shot, I'd say.

The worst is when bouncers don't accept a recently expired ID. Or any form of ID that's not a driver's license. Like, get off yr high horse, Mr. Bouncer man. Stated birthday is right there, plain as day!

Kaim Argonar

Dec 8, 2017
I was denied once because I was going in alone. My friends (that night one gentleman and five ladies) were already inside so I called them and they were all out and refusing to come back in when the bouncer said I could go in with them. We just went somewhere else.

Felt good.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Depends on how good a friend and how good a bar... it's a complex equation with many variables.

In the case of what your describing, no. No I would not go in.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, stick with your friend. You're not a good friend if you abandon them for a bar simply because they were denied entry.

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
I have traveled all over the world and been to most major cities you can name and done my share of partying and drinking and I have never seen a bar that was so cool I decided "fuck this friendship" because I had to be inside it right that second.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
My friends were kicked out of bars quite a few times, I always left with them. It was fine except that one time where I waited 1 hour in the line and then had to leave 10min after entering (at least they gave me back the entrance fee).

I was recently not allowed to enter in a bar because I was not wearing jeans (35 degrees and they expect me to wear jeans?). I was happy to leave and spend my money somewhere else. I understand that some clubs are fancier and have this kind of bs police, but a fucking bar in the middle of the city? 6pm and you want to decide what I am wearing? Naaahhh. Nice way to make sure only the worst people get in.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
I was once denied to enter a bar because i wore sandals. Luckily my hotel was near, so i could just switch them

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
In life, there is a huge, huge, huge amount of bars to go to.
In life, you have a limited amount of potential friends.

Even fewer if you're the kind of people that doesn't know it's shitty to leave friends behind.

So... maybe don't be a dick.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
...if I went to a bar with friends, why the hell would I go in without them? Even if it was the last bar in town, we'd just go buy a bottle and start a fire in someone's backyard. First time making plans with friends, OP?
I was once denied to enter a bar because i wore sandals. Luckily my hotel was near, so i could just switch them
I generally think dress codes and kinda bullshit, but this one makes sense. Open-toe footwear is a safety hazard in dark, crowded rooms.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
100% ditch. You're no longer my friend when denied entry. Hit the gym. Get a lawyer. Hit up a meetup and make a new friend.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
I mean, usually, I'll leave with them.
Then again, if the person is being denied entry for trying to smuggle in their own booze (which I've seen before)... Might warn them beforehand that I'll go in either way. If there's anyone else I'm planning to drink with, of course.

But since my friends wouldn't do that dumb shit... 100% stick with them in reality.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
If the friend is being a dumbass then probably sure. Especially if the group has tried to tell them to lock it the fuck up.

If it's an asshole and possibly racist bouncer, then we all stay out.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Hell no I wouldn't ditch my friend, lol. I'm not going to go out with a friend in the first place unless the point is to have their company.

If I'm in a group and one friend is denied entry, there's no clear cut answer. I'd probably try to get the group to change venues so everyone could be included.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
this is why i bring a hose with me wherever i go, that way my friend can suck the beer from the hose

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
depends on how often I see them.
Cya tom out in a day or few sure I'll ditch you if other bars suck. If another bar is good lead on
Cya in months yeah lets pick another bar or chill out at home.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I live in a college town and lots of people ditch their friends - because they're going out to be part of the bar scene, not to have a good time with their buddies.
"be part of the bar scene"
"not have a good time with their buddies"

Douchiest thing I ever heard lol. What a sad thing.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bars turn people away? Do you mean like a nightclub, because that's the only place I've heard of doing this and I've never seen one that actually does.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Why would you ditch someone you met up with? If you're even thinking about doing that, either you aren't friends or you're a shitty friend.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I live in a college town and lots of people ditch their friends - because they're going out to be part of the bar scene, not to have a good time with their buddies.

I'm a rather dull homebody sort of person (bars are expensive and I'm just there for the drinks anyway) but does this sound as gross to anyone else as it does to me?

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No. Is this actually a question?

And i tend to avoid bars who select people at entrance. They're always full of assholes anyway.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Asshole security is a thing, but in my case its usually their own fault for getting denied. They end up convincing me to leave with them even though I don't want to at all lol. Does your answer change if its only you two, or a group? (Substitute denied entry for getting kicked out, and bar for night/strip club if you want)
No, you go somewhere else.

There's only been 1 time where that wasn't the rule and it's when the boyfriend of one of my friends wanted to bring his weed into the club. I told him to go back to the car and put it away, he said he'd rather just go smoke. We ditched him and got in, then got into the VIP lounge and drank for free all night. Incredibly good night.

Inspired by a news story where a dude went missing shortly after being denied at a bar, his friends went in without him.

Lot of women getting kidnapped in and around Boston because they left the club alone as of late.