• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bamboo

Oct 25, 2017
Mario Paint for all the fun you could have with it.

We Love Katamari especially for the music. But you could also control the prince or the character you last played, fly around the screen and mess up the letters. It's insanely charming and fits the game so well.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
God of War
Horizon Zero Dawn
The Witcher 3
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Kingdom Hearts 1, 2 and BBS.
Assassin's Creed Origins
Bloodborne

And a callback to the classic one... Runescape ;)

If I had to pick my favourite..? I'd give it to Kingdom Hearts 2 probably.

Nov 17, 2017

Probably the most nostalgic title screen for me. The whole thing is an arrangement of the Zelda 1 title screen. I really like how the music builds up to the shot of Wolf Link howling at the twilight covered Hyrule Castle as Midna's theme kicks in.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
Mega Man II!
hqdefault.jpg

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a fan of the Life Is Strange ones (big shock, I know!), particularly how they change after each episode, but I think I'd give the nod to MGS3. Blew my mind as a kid that you could mess about with it, and then I would inevitably spend a decent chunk of time -- that I could be playing the actual game -- doing exactly that.

Rob2K19

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep. Before that was Birth by Sleep and it's Final Mix. BBS version of Dearly beloved to godly.

KamiCrit

Oct 27, 2017
Western Canada
iNMxQ6I.jpg

Before you start the game you already know the weather and if the season's changed. Can let it idle and godly follow your villagers around, see what they do when the player isn't around. Incredibly dynamic title screen. And the music is relaxing, more so with rain.

trikster40

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This one blew me away back in the day. Made me realize what was possible with the DVD format: I present Twisted Metal Black.

2+2=5

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not even a great fan of Turrican 2, but its title screen is how a title screen should be made: intro, title, credits, awesome music and tutorial all in one

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just love this series's obsession with making Z the coolest letter ever

And the sound effect for each individual part of the Z striking in. Ahhhh fuck that's satisfying.

Oct 27, 2017
The original Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

The music etching itself into my brain and me humming along to it in key made it an instant classic, and the antiquated map aesthetic enhanced the adventure feel and made quite the impact at the beginning of that generation cycle.

Oct 27, 2017
Infinite Undiscovery. I remember hearing the title screen theme most of the times when I played the game, it was very relaxing.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
When these threads pop up I like to pimp my passion project... never earned a penny. But I have a youtube channel dedicated to video game title screens. I have captured over 2k of them and no plans to stop. Hope more people get a chance to know it is out there.

http://pressstartonce.com

Edit: I see many of my uploads already linked in this thread.. makes me smile.