• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nominate your favourite PS2 exclusive game(s).

• Suikoden V

Votes: 64 10.5%
  • Shadow Hearts/Covenant

Votes: 137 22.6%
  • Soul Calibur 3

Votes: 27 4.4%
  • Ace Combat Trilogy

Votes: 45 7.4%
  • Virtus Fighter 4: Evolution

Votes: 45 7.4%
  • Gran Turismo 3 and 4

Votes: 50 8.2%
  • Other (Ape Escape 3, Haunting Ground, Klonoa 2 etc)

Votes: 239 39.4%

• Total voters

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
It's got to be We Love Katamari. I'd love to have Onimusha 2/3 playable too, but We Love Katamari feels way more like a good port of it would be *perfect* for my needs.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
viewtifuljoe_ps2box_usa_org_000.jpg

th

Viewtiful Joe 1(Dante Edition, which was PS2 exclusive, GC did not have them.....see what I did there to make this qualify LOL).

Lost money not even bringing these games over to PSN or doing a collection of the two IMHO. Beg Capcom for these please Kamiya :(
I just don't understand why there's no VJHD collection. Money left on the table. Is it some kind of rights issue or something?

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
It's the Shadow Hearts series very easily. Although I really dislike that everyone leaves out From the New World because it's an extremely good game and better than SH1 at many many many things. People just have some weird thought that SH1 is some much more serious game when it has almost as much humor as the later games. They're all great, port them all.

Pyccko

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna say those Lord of the Rings games EA made, but they were multiplat lol

those, DMC1, the GTAs and Street Fighter Collection were like the only PS2 games I owned though

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter

Soul Nomad & the World Eaters

Wild ARMs 3, 4, and 5

Suikoden 3 and 5

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017

noinspiration

Jun 22, 2020
So if SMT3 doesn't count because of it's coming remaster, does that mean it wasn't disqualified by its PS3 release? Because if that's the case then my answer is God Hand. If anything released on PS3/4 is off the table, then it's Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter.

Dec 23, 2017
I would love to see the first Way of the Samurai game remastered.
Way of the Samurai 1
Samurai Western
Way of the Samurai 1&2

My people. <3

There's a lot of really good shout-outs so far (Radiata, Shadow Hearts, Front Mission 4/5, Disaster Report 1/2, Nippon Ichi stuff), but....

I'm disgusted that it took 5 pages to mention the greatest PS2 game ever.

79ce085d-6dd5-495b-8f73-a6a88d0ab890.jpg

I loved this game, I played it a few months ago! I'm still shocked I was able to find a PS2 copy in very good condition for $35.

www.resetera.com

LTTP: Steambot Chronicles (PS2) - "A non-linear adventure! Steambot Chronicles!"

Finally got my hands on one of the games I've been wanting to play for awhile! I've had my eye on this game since I found out about it early last year. From what I researched, its an open ended sandbox game with select-able dialogue options and mech combat. It honestly reminded me of the Way...
www.resetera.com

I beat Steambot Chronicles for the first time, and what a gem! I demand the sequel!

Recently I finished my first play-through of Steambot Chronicles. I've written down and summarized my adventures with the game. It was a lot of work! If you don't mind spoilers on a 15 year old game then check out my thread...

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
513AQYHC8YL._SY445_.jpg

A really cool Diablo style ARPG from the makers of Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance and using the Everquest license.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Grim_Grimoire_Boxart.jpg

Hope Vanillaware can bring it back someday. Don't get too many 2D side scrolling RTS games like this.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
From the poll options I would pick the Ace Combat trilogy, but my actual answers are

We Love Katamari
Burnout 3: Takedown
maybe some of the PS2-era Atelier games if someone was willing to localize them

May 10, 2019
I loved this game, I played it a few months ago! I'm still shocked I was able to find a PS2 copy in very good condition for $35.

www.resetera.com

LTTP: Steambot Chronicles (PS2) - "A non-linear adventure! Steambot Chronicles!"

Finally got my hands on one of the games I've been wanting to play for awhile! I've had my eye on this game since I found out about it early last year. From what I researched, its an open ended sandbox game with select-able dialogue options and mech combat. It honestly reminded me of the Way...
www.resetera.com

I beat Steambot Chronicles for the first time, and what a gem! I demand the sequel!

Recently I finished my first play-through of Steambot Chronicles. I've written down and summarized my adventures with the game. It was a lot of work! If you don't mind spoilers on a 15 year old game then check out my thread...

Right? Just a wonderful, relaxing, cozy adventure game with some of my favorite character and art design ever. Related to Irem though, I didn't get into the Disaster Report games until the last couple of years, but between those and Steambot Chronicles, Kazuma Kujo probably ranks just as well as Toshiro Nagoshi and Yu Suzuki for my favorite slice of life scenario designers. It's no accident that they all built their skills working on often-social (competitive or cooperative) arcade games either. They all have this gift of creating camaraderie and rivalries in a very natural way, regardless of situations surrounding them. I really hope Kujo with his Granzella team gets a chance to finally do Bumpy Trot 2, especially knowing he still really wants to return to it.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I want Champions of Norrath and Return to Arms.

I need a good Snowblind game again.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
My people. <3

www.resetera.com

www.resetera.com

High five!

I loved the first Way of the Samurai so much. It was just so quirky and weird and fun. A real choose your own adventure story in video game form, and I loved it!

they have the third on PSNow, but I have such a soft spot for the janky ass original. Gutted it neber became a PS2 Classic for PS4/PS5. I don't want to run PC emulators to play these games!

I'd seriously pay whatever Sony wanted if they'd release a PS2 Emulator on the PS5 where I could pop in the PS2 Discs I have and run those. There are some games that we know will never get a remaster, so why not just let us play those if we own the discs? Like, make a whitelist of PS2 titles that aren't getting remasters, and allow them to be played on your console!

a lot of classic PS2 games have gotten remasters, which is great, but there were a lot of hidden gems that never will.

it's funny this thread popped up, because I was just thinking how much I'd love to see a Mercenaries Remaster. I don't own that one anymore, sadly, but it was the best in the franchise, in my opinion, and I had so much fun with it! I'd love to revisit it

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
panzer dragoon saga. sega's really bad about managing their legacy titles. the recent sega ages line has been solid at least.

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
SSX-series
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1 & 2
Gran Turismo 3+4
Kuon
Rule of Rose
Haunting Ground
Chulip
Gitaroo Man
We Love Katamari

Japanese only games:
Nodame Cantabile classical piano music game (seems really cool)