• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nominate your favourite PS2 exclusive game(s).

• Suikoden V

Votes: 64 10.5%
  • Shadow Hearts/Covenant

Votes: 137 22.6%
  • Soul Calibur 3

Votes: 27 4.4%
  • Ace Combat Trilogy

Votes: 45 7.4%
  • Virtus Fighter 4: Evolution

Votes: 45 7.4%
  • Gran Turismo 3 and 4

Votes: 50 8.2%
  • Other (Ape Escape 3, Haunting Ground, Klonoa 2 etc)

Votes: 239 39.4%

• Total voters

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
The funny thing is the port of Grandia III is VERY good. It's one of the few ports where things were actually given a resolution bump so it feels more like a remaster. The CG cutscenes look quite a bit better and the game runs well. A very good port. That's more than I can say for some of the official PS4 PS2 Classics like Rogue Galaxy which look like poo and the CG cutscenes remain at like 240p
THEY listed it for PS4 first, then went back and said PS3, and this was after 2014 2015... So I was shocked. Imagine if they just gave it to PS4 players.

i am happy they gave us Star Ocean 3. Peace to Valkyrie Profile tho

Koeing

Nov 8, 2018
So many great PS2 games that are probably never getting remastered. I'd love for Ace Combat 4 and 0 to get remastered but luckily I still have my PS2 copies. Same with digital devil saga which I've only just started playing. I would've nominated Armored Core, but I've been playing the PSP ports on my Vita lately.

My choice would probably be the original .Hack series. Prices for part 4 are insane so I'd love to own the whole collection without spending whatever ridiculous amount of money people are asking for these days. The CEO of CyberConnect2 is speaking at a virtual seminar hosted by my school so I'll see if I can ask him if there's any update since I know he mentioned wanting to do it but it being up to Bamco.

We_care_a_lot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Summerside PEI
Breath of fire: Dragon Quarter all day every day. Re release this game already. in my opinion, the greatest RPG of that era. It's a mashup of strategy RPG and survival horror with elements that would later appear in capcom's Dead Rising series.

Oct 27, 2017
Making me have to choose between Soulcalibur 3 and Suikoden V is fucked up.

That felt like picking which kid I love the most out of all my children.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
SHADOW HEARTS

SHADOW HEARTS 2

WHERE IS MY NEW SHADOW HEARTS (we don't talk about From The New World)

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Between SoulCalibur III (devastated that it's losing the poll) and Shadow of Rome.

SCIII has the potential to be the top dog Soul Calibur game if they marry the arcade edition's fixes and gameplay improvements with the home release's oodles of quality single-player content. That plus online, a higher resolution, and ERSGAN those textures, and you've got it made. They wouldn't even have to work out licensing for any trash guest characters because the game didn't waste its time with those.

It's a crime against my heart that such a thing is not in production.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The GOAT

iu
What's this?

OP
OP
Discontent

Discontent

May 25, 2018
Between SoulCalibur III (devastated that it's losing the poll) and Shadow of Rome.

SCIII has the potential to be the top dog Soul Calibur game if they marry the arcade edition's fixes and gameplay improvements with the home release's oodles of quality single-player content. That plus online, a higher resolution, and ERSGAN those textures, and you've got it made. They wouldn't even have to work out licensing for any trash guest characters because the game didn't waste its time with those.

It's a crime against my heart that such a thing is not in production.

Such a gotdamn beautiful looking game as well.

Dreadmoth

Oct 28, 2017
Australia
Champions of Norrath
Champions: Return to Arms
Drakan: The Ancients' Gates
Shadow of Rome
Transformers (2004)

Fortunately, they all work pretty well on PCSX2 (though Transformers has a number of broken effects unless software mode is used).

Most other games I played on the PS2 exist on other platforms.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
viewtifuljoe_ps2box_usa_org_000.jpg

th

Viewtiful Joe 1(Dante Edition, which was PS2 exclusive, GC did not have them.....see what I did there to make this qualify LOL).

Lost money not even bringing these games over to PSN or doing a collection of the two IMHO. Beg Capcom for these please Kamiya :(

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
ps2_need_for_speed_2_hot_pursuit_p_mk0fw0.jpg

Still one of the best games in the series. One of the few examples of a console game outshining its PC counterpart, athough it's practically a different game from the PC/GC/Xbox versions.
From the list, Gran Turismo 4.

Damn good choice. I was going to say the Maximo games, but I might choose this over them.

OP
OP
Discontent

Discontent

May 25, 2018
Another couple i dont think ive seen mentioned: Last one is Sengoku Basara X, Capcom fighter only released in Japan.
220px-Sky_Odyssey_Coverart.png
220px-Echo_Night_-_Beyond_Coverart.png

Edit: Echo Night Beyond mentioned further up the page lol smh

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Not a perfect game but Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits deserves a PSN port IMHO.
Arc_the_Lad%3B_Twilight_of_the_Spirits_English_cover.jpg

It gets lost in the shuffle on the JRPG console of consoles but I liked it until I randomly dropped it halfway through when I was in middle school.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
SoulCalibur 3 not getting an HD re-release like 2 is a shame despite the latter being my favorite. It'd be fun to go back to 3's character creator and quest mode.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
SOCOM II: US Navy Seals

Still one of the best online multiplayer games ever made.

This. I want Socom II to get the REMAKE treatment. I want it to be as identical as possible just with modern graphics and matchmaking settings(but please don't remove the Browser), just with some QOL improvements. I don't want Socom 4 but skinned to look like 2. I just want a game completely built to be a new version of 2.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Hmm

Second Sight
Shadow of Destiny
Fatal Frame
Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 1 and 2
Champions of Norrath 1 and 2
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Ghosthunter
Way of the Samurai 1
Samurai Western

I still own all of these on PS2, but I'd love to see them re-released on new consoles, dammit!

Last edited:

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Drakan The Ancients Gates

It would sell like hot cakes with some touch ups.
- great female lead
- basically Dragonheart
- action adventure to cool locales with cool enemies with cool loot (and dragon breath loot!)

Drakan: The Ancients' Gates

You know what's up

Last edited:

BabyShams

Nov 7, 2017
Suikoden V is one of my favorite games of all time. Hell I'd love to see all of them get a remaster, even 4.

I never got to play the Shadow Hearts series, so that would be cool. Radiata Stories I never got to play. Breath of Fire 4 I never got to play.

I don't know if I could replay all of Xenosaga but I'd buy it.