• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
Today i went down memory lane listening to some music from FPS games i used to play.
Back in the early 00's when i finally got a bit of internet that wasn't on for just 5 minutes i could actually play some online FPS's. I haven't played a military style shooter in a while but some of these tracks slapped my nostalgia button, hard.

The main titles that robbed most of my hours during that era were:
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
Battlefield 1942
Call of Duty

Medal of Honor's soundtrack is amazingly cinematic. The title track is such a fine piece of music.
There's hope, bravery, a bit of terror and redemption sprinkled all over.

But my favorite, even if it doesn't sound as refined as the previous example has to be the Battlefield 1942 main theme.
If this doesn't get you pumped to bomb down a mountain in a crappy Jeep, while evading enemy fire, nothing will...

What is your favorite piece of music from a game with a military setting?

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
The most recent Battlefield games have been killing it with their music. They've even done some really nice twists on the main theme.

Nessii013

May 31, 2019
Hmm, would Halo count? If so, the Halo theme by far. From the original, to the rock-infused Halo 2, to the somber Halo 3, they're all great. Not sure if it's what you're going for though since it's kind of military sci-fi.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
BA DA DA BA BOOM BOOM

being real though does this count?

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
In my opinion, Battlefield has the best, most iconic, intro. Although, it's not necessarily an anthem.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Michael Giachinno did a brilliant job mimicing John Williams while still creating something beautiful in its own right with Frontline's score.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Ooh MOHAA! One of the GOAT!

Excellent choice OP! I have so much nostalgia for the main menu theme. It's a great one, I totally agree. Gonna have to post another MOHAA track.

You can just hear the tension in this track. So damn good. You totally get "Sniper Town in the rain" from this.

This was also in MOHAA but was in MOHU first.
I get such strong John Williams/Jurassic Park vibes from this track, I love it. Combine this beautiful music with the carnage of molotov cocktailing nazis in the catacombs of France and you have a winning combination.

And I just love these two themes.

This one in particular is just awesome. I love the chanting (?).

Last edited:

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Ooh MOHAA! One of the GOAT!

Excellent choice OP! I have so much nostalgia for the main menu theme. It's a great one, I totally agree. Gonna have to post another MOHAA track.

You can just hear the tension in this track. So damn good.

This was also in MOHAA but was in MOHU first.
I get such strong John Williams/Jurassic Park vibes from this track, I love it. Combine this beautiful music with the carnage of molotov cocktailing nazis in the catacombs of France and you have a winning combination.

And I just love these two themes.

This one in particular is just awesome. I love the chanting (?).

I do love MW2 soundtrack due to Hans Zimmer. I hope the new COD will somehow be similar.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Does Advance Wars count? I would, quite seriously, like to throw Advance Wars in because quite a few of the characters' themes and other songs are pretty powerful.

Oct 25, 2017
The Battlefield DA DUN DA DA DUN DUN is the best but I also love this tune from Battlefield V.

Kicks in at the end at the of a pretty fun story arc and does a great job of evoking a soldier halfway across the world thinking of home. It's also very Lord of the Rings which is no bad thing.