• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite Host?

• Trevor Noah

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • Jon Stewart

Votes: 346 87.2%
  • Craig Kilborn

Votes: 22 5.5%
  • John Oliver

Votes: 21 5.3%

• Total voters

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Now that Trevor Noah has had more than a few years under his belt, it's time to discuss. Who is your favorite host of The Daily Show, and why?

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Jon Stewart > Trevor Noah > Craig Kilborn in my mind. Honestly though I think Trevor is hamstrung because the market for a more liberal talk show is too wide now. He doesn't stand out as much.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean this is unfair. Even people that chose that short Oliver period are looking at it with rose tinted glasses from his current polished delivery.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I liked the silly stuff from Craig Kilborn because I was a kid who didn't really care about politics and when Jon Stewart took over the show was just too serious for me. I didn't really appreciate Jon Stewart until I watched that marathon leading up to his last episode, now I wish they just kept that thing streaming so I could tune in all the time.

edit: I continued to watch Kilborn after he got that show on CBS as well. #YubNub

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah.. Jon Stewart was the best far and away. I can stomach Trevor Noah as TDS host, but his standup is the worst. I'm kind of looking forward to a new host sometime in the future.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
All of you are going to pick the good one and think you're all so special. I'm going to be cool and pick the shittiest one on purpose.

...Which is the shittiest one, by the way? Haven't watched since the Jon Stewart days.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to Wikipedia, I now know that Craig Kilborn is a guy who said he could get a blowjob from the head writer if he wanted.

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
Stewart days especially back when he had Colbert were just gold. Stephven vs Stephven

Steven: no

Stephen: yes

Steven: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's clearly Jon Stewart. He was exactly what the host of that show needed to be.

However I will say that I thought John Oliver's short stint was better than Stewart before and after his break. It's understandable after doing the show for so many years but Stewart eventually seemed to lack the passion and drive he once had. It surprised me how exciting it was to have a fired up John Oliver step in, even if he wasn't quite as technically adept.

I don't enjoy watching Trevor Noah as host. He may have improved over time but I have no desire to jump back in. The Daily Show essentially died with Jon Stewart for me.

Deleted member 31199

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I used to like Kilborn when I was younger but he took his 5 questions bit to CBS so that worked out. I would now say Stewart, Noah, Kilborn, and Oliver last. Now, John Oliver on LWT has been great since day 1 for the most part.

Burpelson

Oct 25, 2017
Jon Stewart's Daily Show followed directly by the Colbert Report was incredible while it lasted.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Jon was amazing. Not just him though, he had an amazing team around him too.

The only Noah stuff I like are the clips they put on Facebook where he chills out with the audience between takes and gives his real personal thoughts on stuff, not the scripted smugness they make him spew on the show.

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
Stewart will forever be the goat......tbh I know he hated people saying this but he was one of the only ways I got news back then. He definitely left an important imprint on my 13 year old mind.

Jan 15, 2019
I'm not even a little bit surprised at the results. Trevor Noah does a great job of hosting a political tv show and John Oliver is incredibly witty, but Jon Stewart was often something closer to a cultural commentator than just a comedian. He has an oratory gift that you can't replace. I still wonder what the show would be like if Jessica Williams had accepted the gig.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've only watched Kilbourne Daily Show, so he gets my vote. I haven't had cable for the last 21 years.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Oliver in his current format doesn't even come close. Oliver typically has a good amount of research on one topic but it all feels so one note. He's purely unfunny imo. Even though John Stewart did certain impressions quite a bit (the droopy sad one got old) he was sharp as anyone. His interviews were better than most and his correspondents were fantastic. Stewart genuinely felt like he made a political impact in an era that needed his voice.

Conan is my favorite typical late night host and Stewart is my favorite politically charged late night. Even though Colbert Report did get pretty close.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
My favorite bit by john stewart is the 6 minutes of riffing he did when sarah palin visited new york and met with Trump.

Close second has to be when he broke a glass bottle in rage and actually cut himself enough he was bleeding through the actual taping.

Freezeezy

Banned
Feb 23, 2018
Jon was a phenomenon. Nobody in comedy could handle phonies and racists like he could:

He's retired now.

He earned it and all things come to an end at one point, but still.........nobody likes no longer having something this great. :(

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder what Jon Stewart will be doing next. He signed a super secret contract with HBO and a CGI company that would create daily clips for HBO but the tech couldn't produce content rapidly enough. He's doing some stand up I believe but he clearly wants to keep working.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
Jon Stewart, but Trevor Noah is also killing it ... just in a different way

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i liked the kilborn/early jon stewert era when it was just a silly little show. but post 9-11/bush/Iraq ect understandable it had to be more soapboxy

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
The Stewart/Colbert years were absolutely magical.

Noah is... I dunno, too Goofy and nice. Stewart being genuinely angry and articulating it perfectly was breathtaking. I've never seen Noah be passionate about, well, anything. Except giving Tomi Lahren airtime on his show.

I just saw Jon do standup last year and to just hear him express all his thoughts on the world again made me really miss having his point of view.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
It pains me that in every interview with Stewart, he keeps iterating that he's happy to not do it anymore.

I'm happy that he is doing what he wants to do, but it also feels like a collective loss.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit that poll.

Stewart > Oliver > Noah=Kilborn

I was really hoping he was going to have something independently or with one of the streaming companies. We could really use him with this administration

riverfr0zen

Oct 27, 2017
Manhattan, New York
Over time I've come to prefer Trevor Noah. His perspective is more international and in a way less whiny than Stewart. I think the whiny tone worked for the times when Stewart was on, but I can't see it being as effective in today's climate.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Jon Stewart. Kilborns show was fine at the time but not worth remembering. Noah had big shoes to fill and wasn't the man for the job.