• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite sidekick

• Rebecca Chambers

Votes: 89 17.3%
  • Barry Burton

Votes: 185 35.9%
  • Carlos Oliveira

Votes: 85 16.5%
  • Luis Sera

Votes: 43 8.3%
  • Josh Stone

Votes: 11 2.1%
  • Zoe Baker

Votes: 23 4.5%
  • Mike the helicopter guy

Votes: 79 15.3%

• Total voters

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Resident Evil:

Rebecca Chambers

Rebecca_Chambers_Resident_Evil_0.png

""My first mission and I've already disobeyed orders. So much for my great law enforcement career."

The medic of Bravo team and its sole survivor of the Mansion Incident, Rebecca acts as Chris's sidekick throughout his side of the story. Rebecca's role is more passive when compared to Barry's, but she still proves to be an essential part of Chris' journey through the Spencer Mansion. She also gets her own game with Resident Evil 0, something Barry would also later get - although it would be in a spinoff title, Revelations 2.

Barry Burton

latest

"You were almost a Jill sandwich!"

In the original game, Barry was probably most infamous for his terrible dialogue, such as "I have THIS!"

In the remake, however, he was toned down to have a less ridiculous personality, much like everyone and everything else in the Remake. Barry is a family man, a gun nut, and a fast friend. He takes a very proactive role in Jill's side of the story, helping her out of several hairy situations.

Resident Evil 2 has Sherry Birkin and Ada Wong, and Ada has since graduated to a lead character. I would choose Sherry for the poll, but options are limited, so I'm making an executive decision to exclude her.

Resident Evil 3:

Carlos Oliveira

latest

"I found this weird fucking door!"

Carlos is a mercenary who works for Umbrella, which technically makes him a bad guy at first - although he wises up to Umbrella's treachery as the game progresses. In the original RE3, Carlos was a bit of a goofball. In the remake, he's been made into a much more stylish, genuine soldier. In both incarnations, however, he has a heart of gold, a sense of humor, and an automatic rifle to shoot zombies with.

Resident Evil 4:

Luis Sera

dary63r-06212872-26c5-46ca-8f0b-9c7f2b44a233.jpg

"Got a smoke?"

Luis, an ex-cop from Madrid, serves as a partner to Leon Kennedy during the Las Plagas incident in Europe. While Leon was only a police officer for a day before going through the events of Resident Evil 2, Luis was a cop for much longer before he became disillusioned with the force. Luis is laid back, suave, and confident, and his confidence seems to stem from a genuine place, unlike Leon's dorkiness. He helps Leon throughout the first half of the story, working against Saddler and the Los Illuminados cult members to obtain a sample of the parasite.

Resident Evil 5:

Josh Stone

latest

"Nice job, but don't let your guard down. There's bound to be more of them around."

A member of Africa's BSAA branch, Josh Stone helped to train Sheva Alomar, one of the two lead characters of the game. Josh works behind the scenes throughout the game, appearing on occasion to offer help or advice to the "little sister" of his former team. He takes a small role as a playable character in the Desperate Escape DLC, where he helps Jill Valentine fend off hordes of Majini as the two of them attempt to escape.

Resident Evil 6 did not have a true sidekick character, probably because there were 7 leads in that game. I guess Ada's non-canon Agent character counts, but, come on.

Resident Evil 7:

Zoe Baker

zoe-baker-resident-evil-7-biohazard-8k-52-800x1280.jpg

"You did good, Ethan. Shut up and listen if you want to stay alive."

Zoe is the youngest member of the Baker family, and the only one who hasn't lost her mind. Serving as Ethan's contact throughout the Dulvey Incident, Zoe helps him to bring down her now infected family. Since the game is still relatively new and many are now likely to return to it as Village is its direct sequel, I will avoid revealing any more due to potential spoilers.

Bonus:

Mike

epa4jtxg0xv01.jpg

Mike is the most important character in the franchise. His sacrifice will never be forgotten.

Last edited:

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Rebecca Chambers for me.

She's my favorite female character in the series (2nd would be Claire for me).

GeometryHead

Oct 27, 2017
Barry Burton, obviously.

I played through Resident Evil VII when it came out, but I hardly remember Zoe Baker.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I feel like Ashley is more of the 'sidekick' of RE4, at least in comparison to the others. Luis is barely in the game before they kill him off.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Sheva. Who knew that what was supposed to be just a routine investigation into a black market op ended up with her being directly involved in the events to both save the world AND (apparently) close the book on Albert Wesker? She certainly rose to the challenge, though!

I wish we could see her and Josh again.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Sheva?
Piers?

How did these two get bumped for some of those...

Anyway, it's between those two and remake Carlos.

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
What's wrong with Zoe's head in this picture? She looks like a haired Conehead.
Oh, and Barry is my favorite.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Resident Evil 0 Rebecca is great, even if her experiences in that game don't really match-up with Resident Evil 1.

I miss Billy too.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Rebecca, always with the positive attitude

Zoe and Remake Carlos are great as well though.

Oct 30, 2017
First reaction was to go for the lol candidate but Steve is not on the list. After that I'll go with real pick and it's tough between Barry and Carlos. Between them, it's Barry. I wish as an unlockable you could put original lines and acting into the HD version, tho