• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes Game Trailers can be more hype than the games themselves. What have been your favorite trailers over the years? Here are two of mine

Xenoblade X
Loved the whole SciFi, Mech, Alien War vibe. Music is sick too. A bit salty there was no Japanese audio option on NA release tho lol.

Still waiting on a sequel for this one :(

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters
This is the trailer that got me to buy Bloodborne. The music and atmosphere are amazing.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I still rewatch this one pretty frequently:

Completely obliterated the "3D Land in HD" narrative.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I still think the Dead Island reveal trailer is amazing.

kiich

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jan 2, 2018
I know very little about God of War, but I really like this trailer from Ascension that from what I have heard is not a good game.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018

Two Steps From Hell y'all. Holy shit the hype

The fucking piano. Goosebumps every single time

In the words of one Kyle Bosman (who I don't particularly care for), "That's a 10"

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Basically the entire marketing campaign for XCX in trailers. All starting with this one. I felt that it's going be to something special when I first saw this (which it was, still no game like it out there).

OP
OP
Fulminator

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017

The fucking piano. Goosebumps every single time

oh shit, this is a great pick. What a time that was. I bought an Xbox 360 for Halo 3.
Basically the entire marketing campaign for XCX in trailers. All starting with this one. I felt that it's going be to something special when I first saw this (which it was, still no game like it out there).

Let us pray they are working on a sequel.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Initially I didn't like the Red Dead Redemption 2 trailers that much, but after finishing the game I came to really appreciate it

"You have to love yourself a fire"

Hellblade 2 trailer.

The trailer completely had me as soon as it became clear that the music is diegetic.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Not a drop of gameplay to be seen, but it will almost always be this for me
World in Conflict's NYC trailer

Luap

Oct 26, 2017

This used to be on TV all the time and it would always get that glorious song stuck in my head

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A couple days ago on their stream Maximilian was playing some Tetris Effect music and also put on the reveal trailer for it saying it's one of the best video game trailers ever. I definitely agree.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
I'm sorry but after this video the thread is finished.. everyone should have this trailer as their favorite and I'm not even a huge fan of BOTW as a Zelda game.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, we ain't ending on that overrated Breath of the Wild trailer. Mis-sells the game as this big story thing which it really isn't.

Let's keep the party going instead.

All these voices inside of my head...

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
Nah, we ain't ending on that overrated Breath of the Wild trailer. Mis-sells the game as this big story thing which it really isn't.

Let's keep the party going instead.

All these voices inside of my head...

Exactly my point.. they BOTW trailer is so damn good that can even sell you a story that really isn't the strongest point of the game.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Super Mario Odyssey - E3 2017

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Everyone is Here!

LaytonWright

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017

Honestly best creed trailer ever

CAN WE HAVE A PLAYSTATION 5 EZIO REMAKE PLEASE WE CAN ACTUALLY DO THESE GRAPHICS AS GAMEPLAY NOW!

Oct 29, 2017

10 minutes of beauty and bliss. David OReilly is primarily an animator doing short films, that one CGI episode of Adventure Time, and the hologram stuff from Her. As such, it's only fitting that the gameplay reveal trailer for his most recent game project, Everything literally be a short film. In fact, due to screenings at film festivals, technically this was on the long list of animated short films that could qualify for an Oscar.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sorry but after this video the thread is finished.. everyone should have this trailer as their favorite and I'm not even a huge fan of BOTW as a Zelda game.

What's up with everybody linking the Japanese version of this trailer recently? It aint the same without the English voice acting. Being able to understand the words sells the story it just aint the same in Japanese. I'm sure it is if you speak Japanese, but yeah. Hype as hell trailer and it's a shame it didnt represent the game we actually got. The almost non existent story was very disappointing after that trailer.

Kroz

Jul 4, 2019
Breath of the Wild launch trailer was freaking amazing.

Even though the final game changed A LOT, this trailer was still amazing.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I gotta drop this awesome moment in every trailer thread, it's oft-overlooked