• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Squid Sister and Off the Hook from Splatoon.

I got callie, marie and marina tattooed on me :P

Also if it counts Kat from gravity rush if i still had good place for neat tattoos i would get her aswell.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
2B or Kat. She is so cute.

a9245737757fbdc4828abccb4346d85c.png

Velvet, Tales of Berseria
Oh fuck I forgot about her! I wanna add her to my list for sure.

So in this order:

1. Velvet (English VA)
2. 2B (English VA)
3. Kat (
Game language VA
)

but 2B and Velvet both have very tragic stories which I like. I think Velvet's is more fucked up though.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Xenoblade 2 does not handle some of its female characters very well unfortunately. That's mostly due to the inconsistent character designs from multiple artists.

Which is a shame, since Morag, Nia and Lora are fantastic characters with great designs but they get overshadowed by the fan service. Morag especially is a real badass. My favorite character to play as in a jrpg in recent memory. She was one of the first spirits I got in Smash and I was ecstatic to see her in there.
I did like Morag, Nia, and Lora for the most part but man, so much of my memory of XB2 is dominated by doing my last few (optional) blade quests.

Like. I appreciate the... effort? In that they're not just fetch quests and are voiced and have proper cutscenes but they made me actively dislike many of the blades. In retrospect, should've just mashed skip cutscene.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Aloy, Vivienne, Triss/Ciri/Queen Cerys/Keira Metz, Amanda Ripley, Miss Sadie Adler, Nia/Morag, Max/Chloe, Elisabeth Ashbury, Nadine Ross/Chole Fraser, Ashley Brown, Senua, Kat, 2B/A2, Nasty, Lady Maria.

And of course my own Bloodborne character, Griselda Grimaud:
50829570_2124890977822152_4450559620238278656_o.jpg

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
The main cast of Xenoblade 2 - Pyra/Mythra, Nia, Morag, Poppi and Pandoria.

A few questionable character design decisions aside, they're all incredibly fun, powerful and easily the coolest members of the group.

I'll cheat and add Bayonetta to my list too. I've just finished both games on Switch and she's just absolutely rad. Strong, confident, always in control and sexy, as well as being a loyal friend and larger than life.

There's been plenty of good female characters this gen, but these lot really stand out for me.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Man, there have been a ton of excellent female characters lately. Really great to see.

A2 and Aloy are my two picks.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Nia from Xenoblade 2. Her blade form is... yeah, but otherwise she exudes awesomeness, a scrappy no-nonsense healer with a broad Scottish brogue. Tough on the surface but prodding just a bit beneath the surface finds a lot of depth and a sense of humor.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
This gen has spoiled us for gaming ladies tbh I'm shook

• Aloy from Horizon: Zero Dawn
  • Chloe and Nadine from Uncharted: Lost Legacy
  • Kat and Raven from Gravity Rush
  • Vivienne, Josephine, Cassandra and Leliana from Dragon Age: Inquisition
  • Alex from Oxenfree
  • Evie from AC: Syndicate
  • Kassandra from AC: Odyssey
  • Fetch Walker from inFAMOUS: Second Son/First Light
  • Mae and Bea from Night in the Woods
  • Aranea from Final Fantasy XV
  • probably more but I can't think of them off the top of my head

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Amanda Ripley.

Aiw107.png

She's a great character in her own right - reluctant but capable survivor, self-assured but believably terrified.

But the whole narrative of Isolation - the over-arching theme of the bond of motherhood - makes her a particularly special character, particularly given we know before the game even boots up how her story eventually ends.

They never find each other :(

latest

But the audio message at the end of the game cements this as one of the most human stories of the generation. Because of course -
of course Ellen, not knowing if she would ever find her way home, would have recorded a message for her daughter. Goddamn man.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Aloy, Ciri, and Symmetra for me.

Aloy - Great story arc and relatively unique look for a protagonist.
Ciri - Female Witcher in training with crazy superpowers. Such a blast to play as and loved her attitude
Symmetra - From what I recall, she's the first playable Indian character (ever?) and she's on the spectrum. Extremely unique personality and just such a great character.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Marie/Callie
Pearl/Marina
Nia
Urbosa
Zelda
2B
Twintelle
Primrose
Min min
Nintendo stays blessing in this regard

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So many 2Bs in here. Yikes.

Anyway, I'd say Aloy. She's a great hero/lead for a game. Strong and sincere and avoids doing the badass and smartass stuff that are sort of the two archetypes that most video game leads fall into.

Oct 28, 2017
2B seems an odd choice as she is one of the most boring characters in Nier. A2 is teen angst personified but at least it's a personality.

My picks would be Mae from Night in the Woods, Eileen the Crow from Bloodborne, and Evie from AC Syndicate

Oct 25, 2017
life-is-strange-gif.gif

Max - Life is Strange

latest

Moira Burton - Resident Evil Revelations 2

Edit: Forgot one

Emily - Until Dawn

Last edited:

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see a handful of mentions of Emily from Until Dawn, she was easily the standout character from that game.

And I love Georgio from Roundabout.
georgio.gif

I'm also a big fan of Ikrie from HZD: The Frozen Wilds, she is incredibly well-drawn and despite being such a minor character she was my favorite in the whole of Horizon Zero Dawn.
ikrie.jpg

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I hope there will be a strong consensus for Claire after Resi 2 comes out this week - curious to see how they have treated her character.

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
Everyone says 2B but where are the A2 fans?
Anyway, that art in the OP is absolutely awesome. Lady Maria is a badass :)

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
All the girls from P5, particularly Futaba, but since they´ve been mentioned a bunch of times already, I´ll go with Kait Díaz, from Gears of War. Can´t wait to play as her in Gears 5!
gears-of-war-5-201861125729_1.jpg

There´s also the mean old lady who laughs at you at the beginning of Celeste. I love her lol