• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Probably Sadie Adler, but I love a load of the OW cast, namely Sym, Tracer, Widow, Zarya, Moira, and Ana.

Maria looked cool, but I used the cane, so I just stunlocked her to death, so I missed out on whatever assume fight was supposed to be there =/

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
385.gif

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
latest

It's Tressa from Octopath Traveler.

Most people say they liked Primrose's story best, but I much preferred Tressa's. She's a capable merchant, traveling to hone her craft and learn, she's full of compassion and very smart. I liked her as a character a lot, despite the fact that Octopath never really goes deep into characterizations or interactions.

I'm sure there's cooler options than her, but I did really like her as a female character that doesn't have to resort to violence or "female charms" to achieve success, and isn't involved in any romantic subplot to gain some depth. I guess that's one advantage that Octopath has, the barebone story at least isn't trying to force any character development through love on her. It's rare to see such humble characters, it's also why I liked Alfyn a lot in the game.

Oct 27, 2017
Makoto from Yakuza 0
Kat from Gravity Rush
Max from Life is Strange
Kassandra from Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Yuki from Yakuza 0
2B from Nier Automata
A2 from Nier Automata
Lady Maria from Bloodborne
The crow mask lady who says hoonter Eileen The Crow from Bloodborne
Everyone from Va11 h-a11A
Senua from Hellblade
A2 from Nier Automata
Tae Takemi from Persona 5
Velvet from Tales of Berseria

Last edited:

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Senua from Hellblade. Such a unique direction for a lead character and not just a gun-toting heroine or superhero.

Xagarath

Oct 28, 2017
North-East England
maxresdefault.jpg

Chloe Elizabeth Price, first of her name
Probably Mae and Bea from Night in the Woods. Like just about every character in that game, they're smartly written and have poignant moments along with hilarious moments.
Susie from Deltarune is my #1.
deltarune__susie_by_savagedeity_dcrhbuw-pre.png

These four, along with:
Kathy Rain, from her own game
Fran Bow,. likewise:
Lohse from DOS2:
And Saturn from Heaven Will Be Mine:

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
latest

It's Tressa from Octopath Traveler.

Most people say they liked Primrose's story best, but I much preferred Tressa's. She's a capable merchant, traveling to hone her craft and learn, she's full of compassion and very smart. I liked her as a character a lot, despite the fact that Octopath never really goes deep into characterizations or interactions.

I'm sure there's cooler options than her, but I did really like her as a female character that doesn't have to resort to violence or "female charms" to achieve success, and isn't involved in any romantic subplot to gain some depth. I guess that's one advantage that Octopath has, the barebone story at least isn't trying to force any character development through love on her. It's rare to see such humble characters, it's also why I liked Alfyn a lot in the game.
I had been planning to say Madeline, but Tressa is a strong contender as well.

THANK YOU!!

Oct 26, 2017
It's either Ana from Overwatch or Cassie Cage. Love both of their personalities and styles of gameplay.

Oh, also all the girls in Oxenfree. They were pretty cool.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Makoto Niijima from Persona 5. I related to her in a lot of ways like her doing what is expected of her and being focused on doing well at school despite being unsure in what she is actually working towards. She wants to break out of her shell and I love her Persona awakening scene.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

Pneuma's finale and the ending of XC2 is legitimately great.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
No ones mentioned it so I'm putting forth Catherine Chun from Soma felt like a very real and fully realised character. Had a lot of depth to her and a clear unique type of personality we rarely get in characters in general.
catherine-chun-soma-3.57.jpg

After that it's Chloe from Life is Strange. Then Chloe from Uncharted.

I judge all of you who seriously pick 2B out of all the women in this generation . She's not even the best female character in Nier Automata.

Red Devil

Oct 29, 2017
Not many characters come to my mind outside of what's already posted here, so I suggest Robin from Iconoclasts if only because I find her design cute.

DQJ_r7PX4AAhjv5.png

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
So many to choose from...
2B?
Aloy?
Menat?

I'm thinking 2B. Nier Automata is an obsession of mine and 2B is too awesome.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Mae's a queer screw-up trying to recapture some normalness in her life and she's one of the most relatable characters in video games, for better or worse. Some people hate this character (and often by extension Night in the Woods itself) specifically because she reminds them of their own worst times, and sparking that kind of passion is only indicative of how good a character she is, as far as I'm concerned. She will blurt out bizarre things, she will trap the player in a corner where there are no "good" dialogue options, she will make a fool of herself, and she will fall apart. But sometimes that's just what being a mentally ill 20-year-old college dropout is like.

8BT5WjL.jpg

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
I see Kat and 2B already mentioned, so I gotta throw in another vote for Ana from Overwatch. Nothing beats grandma candy. NOTHING.

38cEKp0.jpg

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
cntpVhk.png

Sae Niijima from Persona 5, for the unaware.

Others include:
Makoto, Tae and Kawakami (also from Persona 5)
2B, A2 and 6O from Nier Automata
Max, Chloe, Victoria and Joyce from Life is Strange
Lunafreya and Aranea from Final Fantasy XV
Quiet from Metal Gear Solid V
Olivia from Pokemon Sun & Moon
Makoto and Marina from Yakuza 0
Jade, Veronica and Serena from Dragon Quest XI
Kat from Gravity Rush
Urbosa from Breath of the Wild
The entire ARMS roster (That's Ribbon Girl, Min Min - my personal fav, Mechanica, Twintelle, Lola Pop and Dr. Coyle)

Zexen

Oct 27, 2017
prgw.gif

I already loved Morrigan's personality in Dragon Age Origins, her relationship and commentaries when partied with Alistair was pretty funny, it's only normal for her to be my favorite woman in this generation too.
Bioware better bring her back for the next Dragon Age.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Tressa, I like primrose story better, but Tressa is so nice that she stole the show for me.
Primrose is second.