• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sku

Feb 11, 2018
So my boyfriend and I have played a few games together that fall under the adventure/narrative/walking simulator label, whatever you want to call it. We've played A Way Out, the Dark Pictures Anthology (Man of Medan and Little Hope), and Until Dawn. We'd like to find more games like these to play together, but as far as I know the selection is limited. I'm hoping you guys will prove me wrong by telling me your favorite co-op, narrative-focused games. Otherwise we'll probably end up choosing a single-player adventure game and just pass the controller back and forth.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Hidden Agenda is by the same company as Until Dawn. You do need smart phones to play multiplayer though if I remember correctly and it is shorter. Beyond Two Souls I think has multiplayer as well, though I would not call it one of my favorites.

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if it fits but I really like Kane and Lynch games CO OP. More so 2 because it plays better and has a way better atmosphere and style. The first game isn't bad though. Playing in CO OP is interesting because Lynch has some insane episodes that you can only see when playing in co op. A good example of that is in the bank heist where you play as Kane during the single player but then the heist goes to hell because Lynch started killing the hostages and in co op you actually play through it and see why he did why he did from his perspective.

JohnPaulv2.0

Dec 3, 2017
Tales from Borderlands and The Witness are single player coop standouts for me. LA Noire was good for back seat gaming too. Oh, Return of Obra Dinn was great for this as well.

Vanulla_Ace

Oct 27, 2017
If you're into riddles and puzzles you might want to give Tick Tock: A Tale for Two a go. It does some really interesting things co-op wise, and plays a bit like an escape room. Shot, but also pretty cheap.