• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jblanco

Oct 27, 2017
Obviously inspired by the FF thread...

Going through the FF dungeon music thread reminded me how there's just so much great music in the genre. Post away!

Suikoden II - Labyrinth (Penpe 2)

Shin Megami Tensei IV - Naraku Upper Strata

Legend of Mana - Earth Painting

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The theme from the Tower of Lezard Valeth always stuck in my head:

Also, the Photosphere from Wild ARMs:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Does FF14 still count as a JRPG? Cause if so, I'll just repost what I did in the other thread lol.

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh
How fucking good is this as a final dungeon theme? (Infernal Castle from Trails of Cold Steel 2).

And we can't not have a Persona 5 mention. Palace 5.

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
I'll go P4G for this.

When this song played, and what had happened before the dungeon. I was furious and wanted nothing more than to destroy the boss.
This song just made me go through the dungeon with such dedication and vigor because I needed to save her.

A lot of people hate Marie but this dungeon had great music. Again a dungeon about recovering someone you cherish.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Shin Megami Tensei IV - Camp Ichigaya

SMTIV and Apocalypse in particular just have amazing soundtracks.

Persona 1 (PS1 version) - Kama Palace (awful dungeon but great music)

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Got a few more
Love that Ocean Palace continued playing instead of using the battle theme when a battle happened.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
MY TIME TO SHINE.Going into some old ass references.

Still Shimomura's best OST:

Golden Sun's Venus Lighthouse was epic as shit to me as a kid

A classic from FF7 (The Remake Remix better be legendary)

I will forever love Tartarus for slowly layering and adding instruments as time goes on in the dungeon really adding to the progression til you get to that last ball busting block.

Jane

Oct 17, 2018
Going to see if I can scrape in on the first page...

Secret Base (Persona 4)

Whowasphone

Sep 21, 2019
Tales of Zestiria the thread. Say what you will about the game but the dungeon music was unbeatable.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is a banger

This is also a banger

Last edited:

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
Since a lot of peeps already used the Persona 5 ones (which are amazing and without a doubt my favs) here's an oldie that I enjoyed quite a lot.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
FF7R blends its dungeon themes into action variants pretty seemlessly, so those. Anything with random encounters not so much because its just constant music hard cuts.

Along those lines, the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series has a lot of nice dungeon themes that are fairly lengthy compositions.

OP
OP
jblanco

jblanco

Oct 27, 2017
This is also some good shit:

This is sooo fucking good (up to 2:18). I was chilling at Shinra's lobby when I got there just to listen more of it. It also went along really well with the atmosphere.

The song gives me some SMT vibes btw

This has been posted multiples times both here and on the FF thread. I'm not complaining, I fucking love it too. But yeah, I guess we can declare it: the winner.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017

This track made me love DQVIII

Vagrant Story is absolute gold mine for dungeon music.