• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
Played on a pro and it wasn't that loud but I think it was because it wasn't getting pushed that hard because there wasn't much added in terms of enhancements.

kris_ffc

Jun 3, 2020
Much quieter than I thought it was going to be (2+ year old Pro). The fucking thing was on the verge of taking off playing COD: WW2 a couple of weeks before, so was dreading it. Even some previews mentioned it was loud, but it really wasn't that bad.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Played it on standard ps4, and I never noticed the fan. It's weird because I was expecting it to be loud after my recent experience with Days Gone.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
No issues with Part II. I played for over 6 hours straight the other day and the noise level remained low. Outside of the rare occurrence in some Dreams creations and the GoW/Horizon map screen, my Pro is always quiet.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
I had to play with headphones, was dreadful (headphones made for a better experience though). I had a fan on and I could hear my Pro above it at times.

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
It wasn't bad at all for me on my Pro, I think I had one spike at the very end after playing it for 6-7 hours, but it seemed to go away shortly after. It's almost as if they tweaked the game to not produce console noise - a few more pixels usually isn't worth it. I've actually played a few games at forced 1080p on my pro only because of fan noise before.

AzerPhire

Oct 25, 2017
Launch PS4 and it is insanely loud. I'll see if I can post a video of it

Edit - here it is:

vimeo.com

Loud PS4 Pro

This is "Loud PS4 Pro" by Mat S on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Last edited:

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Was one of the quietest games on the Pro. Just about every other "Pro" enhanced game takes flight from time to time, and for odd reasons (like going into the menu on God of War). Then again, it could just be the nature of the few games I actually have on the system. Most of them are more open, and I think until TLOU 2, Nioh, Nioh 2 and Bloodborne were the narrowest in terms of level design.

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
Ridiculously loud on a base PS4. Had to hide the PS4 in an adjacent room and shut the door only to *mostly* drown out the noise.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Fan noise is reasonable, especially when compared to other games which causes my Pro's fans to run at ridiculous levels.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
My base PS4 handled it pretty well for awhile, nothing too out the ordinary, until it get pretty hot in my city and then it got extremely loud towards the end of the game, like I could hear it despite wearing headphones loud. My PS4 was starting to overheat though, so not too surprising, I got a warning as the credits started, kinda super lucky timing.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Death Stranding Pro: Surprisingly quiet, way quieter than when I play RDR2 (the only game so far that has made its fans sound louder than usual.

2014 Base PS4: Lent it to a friend so that he could play TLoU Part II, he sent me some voice notes to hear the fans and damn, that beast sure roars!

rude

Oct 25, 2017
My launch PS4 Pro does not make any noise ever, regardless of game. I am blessed.

Oct 27, 2017
Surprised to see so many saying it was quiet; mine has, for the entire run, sounded like it was preparing to take off. Edit: Launch PS4 Pro here.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
It isn't any worse than Final Fantasy VII was (so very bad still).

I play with headphones to cancel it out.

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017
Launch PS4. I've been playing Wasteland 2 before, that game made it sound like the much cited jet engine and was basically impossible to play without headphones. During TLOU2 it was clearly noticable, but not nearly as bad as it can be. Considering what that box had to render on screen I would call it shockingly quiet even.

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
I have 2016 Slim and it was loud as hell. Not the loudest but annoying even when using headphones.

Slim is supposed to be very quiet but mine was never like that.

I'm pretty sure the fan noise woke my brother up when I was playing Until Dawn once.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
It was a new PS4 Pro and I was dreading the worst, but my AC was louder and I didn't hear anything like my base PS4 noise playing FFVII.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Launch PS4 too; no noise. I wonder if the two discs have anything to do with it because RDR2 was fine too while God of War and Uncharted 4 were like several jumbo jets taking off.

Darkonda

May 23, 2018
Launch Pro here and sounded like turbines on turbo all the way to the end. TLOU2 is my personal GOTY right now but I thought the game would kill my system.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mine was decently noisy but nowhere near as loud as it was during games like God of War and Horizon.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Heh from the title I thought this would be another thread about the critical reception XD

The Pro has been extremely quiet for me

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
A little noisy on the main menu, after that it's normal. My PS4 Pro in general is nowhere near as noisy as my base PS4 which had the fan blaring every game.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Better than expected to be honest.

I should clarify that it was still loud, but not at RDR2 levels, I played with headphones all the time so it wouldn't bother me anyway.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
Not unlike other games I've played this year.

Also very different from Horizon's and God of War's map screen. I feared that would actually destroy my console.

I had one playthrough with headphones and one without. The one with headphones was better, of course. But even in the one without the fans didn't bother me much.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
About as noisy as when I play anything with good graphics or a large world.

golem

Oct 25, 2017
Launch Pro, the fans were definitely on but it didnt sound like the console was on the verge of taking off