• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Suikoden VI

This series has a lot of unresolved plot points, many of which focus around the Holy Nation of Harmonia, the gathering of the True Runes, and some of the things mentioned in Suikoden III which is the last game in the timeline chronologically. I wish there would be more mainline games, but since Yoshitaka Murayama is gone I don't imagine this series will ever get any new entries. Probably just pachinkos, mobile gatchas and ports at best. Likelihood 1/10.

Chrono Break

If I recall correctly there were internal discussions years ago at interest in continuing the Chrono series, but it never amounted to anything. For as well received as both of its games were, it seems interesting to me that nothing is being done with the series. Chrono Trigger has been ported to new platforms but nothing new really. Square Enix still owns this IP, it's sad they aren't doing anything with it. Hoping they might someday. Likelihood 2/10.

Final Fantasy Tactics 2

The original FFT got a War of the Lions remake on PSP (and mobile later) which added some new features and gave us an updated translation plus cutscenes. We also got a few spinoff games with FFT Advance and FFT A2 on the DS. However, for those of us that want the more adult, dark, brutal storyline and the world of Ivalice we love, we're missing a gem here. There were ideas of it being a prequel game set during the 100 years war before the War of the Lions. You could have Balbanes and Orlandeau show up and so on and so forth. I've heard the creator is interested in the idea, so maybe it's not impossible? Likelihood 4/10.

Breath of Fire 7

The desire here is a console release, not a mobile game. Bring back what we loved about BoF3 and BoF4. Enough said. Likelihood is terrible though. 2/10.

A new, retro, 16-bit style Final Fantasy

I'd love a world where Square Enix lifts the idea of Mega Man 9 and applies it to Final Fantasy. Creating a new, 16-bit style, sprite-based RPG Final Fantasy Game. Bring back the ATB system, the spritework, the classic music. Just a new game for a new era. May not be a mainline game, could be just a spin-off, but the project would excite the hell out of me. This is something I dream they might do someday, but odds are not good. 3/10.

In my dreams.......these games exist.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A Zero Escape 3 that will satisfy me. 0% chance of ever existing.

Fata Morgana on Vita - it's put on sale in 9 days YEEE

Sci-fi bloodborne- who knows

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
Super Monday Night Combat 2 where the announcers are Dan Harmon and Jeff B Davis.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TMNT in the vein of the Arkham games.

Not very likely even although it was rumoured a few years ago.

A new WWE game that plays like the AKI N64 wrestling games.

Not very likely given the commercial success of the current WWE games.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
I'd like to see a ground up Silent Hill (1) remaster similar to how Capcom remade RE2.... Likelihood? Pretty low.

I'd like to see a crossover game Pokemon x Monster Hunter called Pocket Monster Hunter. The gameplay and premise would be basically Monster Hunter but the monsters are all pokemon. Likeihood? Zero. An official game solely based on killing pokemon will never exist unfortunately.

Xmengrey

Banned
Jul 19, 2018
Final Fantasy Versus XV: The reality of whether that game will exist depends on a variety of factors there is demand for it as shown by the warm reception to Verum Rex, the Reboot FF Versus group, youtube comments, and whenever a Versus reference shows up people start freaking about it, It could easily sell well, development on such a game would be easier than let's say FFX-3, and Nomura is very much passionate about the Versus project as he said in his KH Ultimania Interview regarding Verum Rex so I wouldn't be surprised if like FFX-3 he does want to get his Versus plans out there and I don't mean through something else I mean unadulterated as he doesn't view Verum Rex as the same thing just something with overlapping ideas. Whether Square Enix wants to do it after saying good buy to XV is up in the air though but saying goodbye to XV doesn't mean saying goodbye to the universe. There are also a bunch of 4chan rumors on the revival of Versus but I don't know how true those really are especially the ones saying Dawn of the Future was stopped for it. I'd say with Versus XV it's very up in the air it could easily happen, as much as it could easily not happen.

Mega Man Legends 3: I 100% believe it's happening and a new Mega Man game is in the works while it's likely is MMX9 it does show good signs of a full on Megaman revival that starts with Mega Man 11.
https://nintendoeverything.com/capc...an-legends-and-mega-man-battle-network-games/
https://www.destructoid.com/mega-ma...-game-is-being-worked-on-in-2019-537124.phtml

Final Fantasy VIII, and IX Remakes those I believe are happening after the VII Remake at some point they are popular entries in the FF series and remakes for at least VIII have been talked about, IX not so much but with nostalgic culture being very profitable I wouldn't be surprised if a remake for both those games are coming when is unknown.

A proper sequel to MvC2 with Mega Man, MMX, X-Men characters like Wolverine, Magneto, Juggernaut, Deadpool, Cyclops, Rogue and F4 characters like Doom, Super Skrull, so on and so forth. I think it's happening at some point in the future maybe MVC4 is very much real after the lackluster reception to MVCI.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
I want an open world super hero sim. Where you get your powers randomly and have to learn to make do with what you got. Then not only do you have to do superhero things. You also have to manage your secret identity going to work, making money, and paying rent. It needs to be super tedious and annoying with RDR2 levels of searching animations where everything you do is done in real time, which is why it will never be made.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Open World, super detailed and in-depth systems, sandbox, pirate game set in the world of One Piece where you get to make your own character and either journey to find the One Piece and build up your pirating rep/bounty or ascend the ranks in the marines. Unlikely it will ever be made with the complexity I'm dreaming of, also the fact that Luffy and the Strawhats wouldn't be playable or even "main" characters make it literally impossible.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
FF Tactics II - Zilch. This will never ever happen, and if it does....it will be a gatcha mobile game.

Legacy of Kain reboot or finale - A reboot has a slightly better chance than finishing a story to a series that hasn't had a new release since PS2.

Silent Bomber 2 - No one knows about this PS1 gem. And I will never get to play another iteration.

Klonoa III - I mean MAYBE with the resurgence of platformers maybe namco would make a new one or partner with nintendo to co create a new one.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
As cliche as it might be, Silent Hills was my dream game. Basically all my favorite contributers from each industry (Kojima - games, Del Toro - films, Junji Ito - comic/manga) collaborating on my favorite horror franchise in gaming was a dream come true. And P.T. is still one of my favorite horror games despite being an unfinished project teaser.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Mega Man X9 - I think it's going to happen soon, actually, which isn't something I would have been at all optimistic about just a couple years ago

Star Fox Grand Prix - Damn. This ain't happening.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
Truly next gen Metroid that focuses on the horror of being alone in space (think Alien Isolation). Giant abandoned ships, planets, deep caves, huge bosses.

Truly next gen Zelda, on the level of Elder Scrolls 6, Wii U tech demo styled graphics (not necessarily realistic), world full of life (think Horizon). Proper dungeons.

Byvar

Oct 26, 2017
These have been my dreams for the past few years:

Suikoden HD collection
Suikoden deserves this, and with Konami's recent collections of the Castlevania series you'd think they'd show the same love to Suikoden. But would they port the past titles to newer platforms even if there is no future in the franchise? Maybe with enough demand from the fans. Give it to me Konami, I still need to play Suikoden III, IV and V because my PS2 is kaput. Likelihood 4/10

Suikoden VI
The Suikoden team has disbanded and most if not all key members have left Konami. Likelihood 1/10

Okami 2 by Hideki Kamiya and other key members of the original team
There were discussions going on just recently between Capcom and Platinum for a Hideki Kamiya-developed Okami sequel, as this is what fans want and Capcom knows it. Discussions were stopped because of management problems within Platinum, but both companies remain on friendly terms, and Kamiya still shows interest in developing another Okami. I feel this one is going to happen. Likelihood 6/10

A new RPG by Hironobu Sakaguchi for consoles
Everyone wants it, except for Sakaguchi himself. Why? Not enough money. Give the man some money. Likelihood 4/10

Rayman 4
Not an RPG, but a platformer. A sequel to the 3D platformer entries in the Rayman series, to be precise. Michel Ancel said he wants to do this after Beyond Good & Evil 2, and is also thinking of giving it to another team to make it happen sooner and keep the franchise alive. Likelihood 6/10

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Time Splitters 4
The Free Radical Star Wars Battlefront 3

GTA London (Swinging 60s heist centred, like The Italian Job)
GTA San Andreas (1969)

Basically any time period and location as a living open world fun experience.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Half-Life 3, although I suspect I'd have better chances winning the lotto

Apr 9, 2019
CLT
The Chrono series thing always seemed really weird to me. My guess is they want that perfect mixture of circumstances and contributors again as with Trigger. If I recall, despite being a critical darling, Chrono Cross did not sell as well and I've heard theories that was largely due to the difference in aesthetics which threw some people off (thought it was a different series like I did as a kid, or just lost interest without Toriyama.) That said, Cross was obviously a worthy game and this was a dumb reason not to buy it.

Anyway, a new, good Goemon game in the vein of Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon would be excellent. My best friend and I recently replayed this game and it did so many things that Zelda would do a year later and, while not as sophisticated, it did it with a uniquely weird sense of humor.

I also want Fox Engine remakes of the MGS games. I don't know how far-fetched this really is but it feels impossible.

Jun 26, 2018
ASCII or Tileset roguelike based on the Japanese novel/manga/movie: "Battle Royale".

I want it to have a hyper detailed combat/injury system, good ai/character interactions and character profile generation. You should have the ability to team up with others if you can convince them.

And a secret ending if you can manage to trick the military and escape / get revenge.

I've seen someone do a mock-up once years ago, and it's never left my thoughts. It'll never be made unless I do it myself one day I suspect.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
The Bayonetta and Devil May Cry cross over game. It won't happen because Kamiya would never allow it.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
A One Piece action RPG that has a huge focus on sailing between islands, building your own character and crew.

Chance - 0%

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Zone of the Enders 3.

Pretty much 0% or very close to it, at least under Konami's current management. Maybe if they have a huge shakeup in 10+ years, that might change but I see very little chance that current FucKonami would do a ZOE3.

Oct 27, 2017
Pro Evolution Soccer's gameplay, with FIFA's presentation and official licensing, and Football Manager's depth of structure and detail to career modes.

Chance: 0%

Kickfister

May 9, 2019
A PSO3 that resembles the more methodical, grounded playstyle of the first game, and also it releases in the West.

banter

Jan 12, 2018

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Huge scale (maybe open world? doesn't have to be) Gundam, with under water, land, and space based combat and travel between earth/moon/colonies. Small vehicle, Mobile Suit, and Battleship combat. Something like what I've heard the old Battlefront games described as.

0% chance of happening with Bandai Namco at the helm.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Final Fantasy Tactics 2

The original FFT got a War of the Lions remake on PSP (and mobile later) which added some new features and gave us an updated translation plus cutscenes. We also got a few spinoff games with FFT Advance and FFT A2 on the DS. However, for those of us that want the more adult, dark, brutal storyline and the world of Ivalice we love, we're missing a gem here. There were ideas of it being a prequel game set during the 100 years war before the War of the Lions. You could have Balbanes and Orlandeau show up and so on and so forth. I've heard the creator is interested in the idea, so maybe it's not impossible? Likelihood 4/10.
Well, you stole mine already. I would kill for a Matsuno / Sakimoto FFT2

Uncleslappy

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
Silent Hills/PT by a country mile. 0% chance of getting the original creative team back together along with licensing approval from Konami. The deluge of PT inspired games in the past few years has only made me want the real thing even more.

Evan

Oct 27, 2017
A good (American)football game that has Euphoria physics that's not BACKBREAKER.

Oct 25, 2017
I want an anime fantasy game, in the vein of Ghibli films or Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo, made by From Software, directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki. Could even be a Ghibli X From Software collaboration.

A bunch of beautiful vistas, expressive characters, likely a young female protagonist going on an adventure, and weird shit like this:

lO7ikuG.jpg

This is 100% my dream game, followed by a From Software and Tsutomu Nihei collaboration, and a Karas videogame adaptation.

The only one with any chance of happening is probably From X Nihei.

bFOhFvL.gif

Does not open from this side.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Resident Evil Outbreak File #3.
That ship has long sailed.

Final Fantasy Warriors is one, the chances of that are higher given that Dragon Quest Musou is a thing.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Blood omen/Lok coming back in its original genre with Amy Hennig writing is my dream.

Likelihood blood omen/lok being used for something eventually is fairly high, it being in the original genre is uh less likely going by the shit like lok mobas they were trying. Amy set up her own indie studio to work on VR, dunno if she would come back to write the series again.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Open world single player game with a huge focus on seamless sailing and exploring.

Or Wind Waker 2.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
The Chrono series thing always seemed really weird to me. My guess is they want that perfect mixture of circumstances and contributors again as with Trigger. If I recall, despite being a critical darling, Chrono Cross did not sell as well and I've heard theories that was largely due to the difference in aesthetics which threw some people off (thought it was a different series like I did as a kid, or just lost interest without Toriyama.) That said, Cross was obviously a worthy game and this was a dumb reason not to buy it.

Anyway, a new, good Goemon game in the vein of Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon would be excellent. My best friend and I recently replayed this game and it did so many things that Zelda would do a year later and, while not as sophisticated, it did it with a uniquely weird sense of humor.

I also want Fox Engine remakes of the MGS games. I don't know how far-fetched this really is but it feels impossible.
Chrono sequel seems to be mostly about there not being anyone high enough to really push for it to be done. If someone like Nomura or YoshiP decided tomorrow that SQEX should finally do Chrono Break, I'm sure they could get it greenlit. But Chrono isn't really their brainchild so unless someone higher than them dictated "you must now helm a new Chrono game", they probably just feel it's not their place to bring another Chrono game into the world. A project like Chrono Break needs a "champion" within the company who wants to see it done and the franchise just currently doesn't have one within SQEX, at least no one who would be actively pushing for it. And it's probably not viewed as popular enough by execs that they'd be all "we must do another Chrono game, think of all dat certain ¥ ¥ ¥ ¥ ¥ it's gonna make."

A direct continuation? probably not all that likely. A new Knights of the Old Republic game altogether? I'd say the chances are quite high. The Star Wars franchise is super popular and will likely continue being so & KOTOR one of its most successful sub-IPs. It's not hard to imagine someone, one day, thinking that it's time for a new Knights of the Old Republic game.