• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Gintama made by RGG Studio (Gintama x Yakuza basically)

AAAA One Piece game by any studio that is good at balancing action/rpg/exploration/puzzle solving

Chainsaw Man by Grasshopper Manifacture

Shonen Jump fighting game by ASW

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Haikyuu developed by From.

JK but a version of volleyball that is halfway between a sports game and RPG (like Inazuma Eleven meets FF7R) would be preeeeetttyyy sweet.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've never gotten the epic Gundam campaign game I've always wanted. But I'm not sure who I'd pick to make it. Maybe the Ace Combat team, Project ACES? They do a really good job of big complicated battles with tons of stuff going on, and could make the melodramatic between story missions work too.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Angel's Egg developed by Miyazaki or Ueda

The Koji doing Ghost in Shell dream has been around forever, but I'd still be down for that too.

lightning16

May 17, 2019
Gintama Yakuza remains the best possible idea for this. I think they'd have to go out of their way to mess it up. It's a layup and I'm sad it hasn't happened.

Another idea that I'm not sure would actually turn out well but I think could be good with a good developer in charge is an open world Inuyasha game. I'm not even a fan of open world games generally, but I think the high-ish amount of filler in Inuyasha could actually work to its benefit when making a game like this. One of the issues I have with a lot of hypothetical open world/sandbox takes on anime stories is that while the worlds could be fun to do stuff in, the stories are often pretty rigid and don't have a ton of great opportunities to actually make use of them. Inuyasha is borderline episodic, and there's no shortage of scenarios to use for content in such a game. You already have 4 easy characters to use for a varied set of playstyles and you have a plethora of memorable locations and stories to use for the world/quests. I think it could work really well.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Dream:
Bubblegum Crisis 3rd person action game
-OR-
Ranma 1/2 third person action RPG

More realistic:
Dragonball Xenoverse 3.

JoJokomoko

May 31, 2019
Thailand
A Made in Abyss RPG or Action/Adventure where you actually climb down and visit all the regions.
I mean look at this map. That would be so freaking awesome

I remember these amazing arts that depicted what Made in Abyss game would actually look like.
Shout out to the artist Shen YH on art station for crating this amazing art! https://www.artstation.com/yh_shen

shen-yh-0917-2.jpg

shen-yh-0927.jpg

shen-yh-0928.jpg

shen-yh-0912.jpg

Puru

Oct 28, 2017
Since we're never going to see the new continent in HxH manga i'd love a video game that explore this aspect of the world with the supervision of the author of course.
More Arcsys fighting game from combat heavy series, maybe even a new jump ultimate stars from them and i mean the 2d game that tried to emulate smash bros, not the latest abominations. As for an individual anime i'd like to see as a fighting game i'd give a special mention to symphogear.
Otherwise as thing that will never happen a magical girl or sentai MMO.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A Bleach game made by Cyberconnect in the vein of the Ultimate Ninja Storm games but with Rise of A Ninja story mode.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Dragon Ball, not Z, Breath of the Wild like. Don't care if it's classic DB as Goku or some original adventure as Gohan during his training before Saiyan Saga. Just a low stakes adventure with a flimsy overall story to justify some big final fight.

Full open world to explore, tons of random questlines here and there with lots of NPCs to interact with. Similar combat to BotW, but increased emphasis on hand to hand combat, some simple Ki blasts and weapons like the sword, Power Poll and what not. Switch out the Paraglider for Flying Nimbus. Let me climb Korin's Tower. Fight the RR Army and stuff.

I hate how rigid and stiff the DB games are. DBZ: Kakarot was fine but soooo fucking game-y and just the same old retelling of the same plots.

tusharngf

Oct 29, 2017
Lordran
One piece will do the job. Even a turn based game will be fucking awesome. They need FF 15 type budget and treatment.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
A Gundam game that is some kinda mashup between No Mans Sky, Mechwarrior, and Zone of the Enders.

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
Aeon Flux made by the Bayonetta guys but more ninja gaiden-y.

Deleted member 62769

Jan 6, 2020
Can't think of a studio but I want an Overlord game that is an open world RPG where I build and empire and choices impacts story and other things.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
A cel-shaded 3rd person action game that takes inspiration from late 80's and early 90's cyberpunk animes such as Akira, Genocyber, Angel Cop, Wicked City, Legend of the Overfiend, Demon City Shinjuku etc. I want giant sprawling cities, huge and over the top bosses and lots and lots of gore.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really need most anime in video game form but I would love to see Zillion return. Let the Yakuza team make it.

Oct 25, 2017
From software X Demon slayer
Perfect fit for the type of gameplay they do and the struggle with boss rights fits the characters struggle with the obviously stronger demons
tmgdrdfhaws51.jpg

gbad3nvmuil51.jpg

hsoqvhiagbl51.png

ShaggyLobo

Jan 25, 2021
ND are not nearly inventive enough in their writing for Cowboy Bebop. Ryu Ga Gotoku studios would be a better fit in my view.

Catalix

Oct 28, 2017
BotW style game playing as Bulma. Freely exploring the crazy ass Dragon Ball world using various guns, gadgets and Capsule Corp. vehicles. The Genshin Impact devs might be a good fit.

180818-mfa02-00.jpg
sample-aa341847bccd643844668de913cf38e0.jpg

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Definitely a JoJo fighting game from Arc System Works.

Aight weebs get in here it's time to talk about are dream anime games and what studio we would want working on them. Now this is all make believe so make them as unrealistic as possible. Naughty dog making a cowboy bepop game would make my shit shit itself but they've allready discussed interest in that project so if that's your big then go into depth on why. I want this thread to be a discussion about why the studio you pick would be right for the anime IP.

Attack on Titan done by insomniac

This in my honest opinion is the only team that would knock attack on titan out of the park. The swinging is some of the best parts from the spider man games and making a whole game around swinging from building to building would be incredible by them! Just imagine zooming through building to finally launch yourself super high and attack that titan! Then they make fantastic hand to hand combat so I wouldn't be worried about the titan gameplay either. Just make it more weighty then there use to but I think it would be a fun challenge for them to tackle.

Lastly Spider-Man showed how good of a story insomniac can make. The first game is in my opinion the single best story of spiderman told period. It had emotional moments that hit like a rock... The arcs the characters went trough were incredible. They would easily do attack on titan justice and in my opinion probably make a lot of the characters more likable then they are in the anime. They can at least give them more depth then just a girl who eats a lot 😂

Anyway I'm watching attack for the first time and im loving it. It got me thinking who would make a great attack game and insomniac stood right out becuase of the swinging in spiderman! It's a match made in heaven!!

So what anime+team combo would you like to see? Don't just list the developer and IP, discuss why they would be such a good fit. Anyway thanks for reading and I hope all y'all are having a wonderful day 🙂
Does your Insomniac AoT game keep the existing English voice cast or do they start over with their own cast?

Necromorph

Oct 30, 2017
MMO RPG like Danmachi/The Rising of the Shield Hero and JoJo's fighting game from Arc System Works .

Oct 27, 2017
Cowboy Bebop starring Faye and Jett, developed by prime United Front Games but since that's not possible by Rocksteady

Also, Avatar open world game by Sucker Punch.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
A good Gantz game that combines Persona and standard 3rd person action like Astral Chain. Platinum would be my choice of developer.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
Gintama GTA (more open world) or Ryu Ga Gotoku (more action, narrative & mini games) game. Gintoki and team running across Kabuki-cho taking odd jobs and all beloved characters appear in it in some major way. The most important thing that needs to be in the game is the crazy parodies and gags.

Hunter x Hunter Greed Island open world Action Adventure by Nintendo. Probably by Aonuma team or Monolith. Complete quests, explore the world and collect all cards. Either have playable Gon & Killua or create a character (and go more the Xenoblade X route).

Naruto, One Piece or Dragon Ball turn based RPG by Larian. A Divinity rip-off in anime style with moves from these anime.

Gurenn Lagann by Platinum. Giant mechs action game starring Gurenn Lagann. What more should I add?

Shingeki no Kyoujin by Capcom's Monster Hunter teams. Instead of monsters, you 'hunt' titans. Fight different types of titans, protecting humanity and high and G rank will be fighting the 9 titans. You can also play as a titan with your goal to destroy humans of Paradis or the rest of the world or have titan vs titan fights.

Shonen Jump Smash Bros. With Sakurai as the director. Easy money, just make it a rip-off of Smash. Characters who don't end up playable could be Assist Trophies.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
Nausicaa by the Zelda Team. Linear story with wide open sections to explore.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Cowboy Bebop by Naughty Dog as a wide-linear, planet hopping space western. If anyone could do the writing in CB justice by melding it to gameplay it is them.

That would be a good fit too but only if Dan Houser was writing it and it's not open world I think.
TakeMyMoney.gif.

Either would be absolutely amazing. Throw in the ship in a collector's edition!

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Dream AAA game isn't restricted to home consoles, ya know? :D

I want a full-body VR experience, 4K per eye, with contact lenses for those who have astigmatism.

With the VR treadmill, wireless VR headset, and hand controllers you can wear.

Game will be about medieval high-fantasy MMORPG lifestyle.

Yeah, that's right, isekai!

GrayDock

Oct 27, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I don't know how it would work, but I would like a Yamato game with "naval" battles like AC:BlackFlag, with some dog-fighting with Cosmo Falcon/Zeros fighters (leave Yamato on auto and go outside) and possible action/rpg planet explorations for resources/side quests with a party with Kodai, Mori, Sanada, etc.

Bathory

Dec 8, 2020
Attack On Titan - made by Capcom, Japan Studio, Insomniac or Sucker Punch
Berserk - made by FromSoftware or Capcom
Evangelion - made by FromSoftware

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Xenoblade Chronicles X combined with Gundam. Basically, keep the focus on the on-foot gameplay AND the mecha combat. Whether it's something like White Base traveling the world, or it's something like a war over a single space colony. Allow me to attach myself to the characters and actually develop personal relationships with people.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
I would also love to see a Macross game. It should have both out of Mech and in Mech portions. Maybe have Persona like Social Calendar as well as your performance in Battle should affect both the ending as well as progression.

It needs to have a great soundtrack though, well, since it's Macross.

Bathory

Dec 8, 2020
Angel's Egg developed by Miyazaki or Ueda

The Koji doing Ghost in Shell dream has been around forever, but I'd still be down for that too.

I love this movie, but I don't know how would work as a game. Angel's Egg is also one of the inspirations for Dark Souls 3, so Miyazaki would be perfect.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I've never gotten the epic Gundam campaign game I've always wanted. But I'm not sure who I'd pick to make it. Maybe the Ace Combat team, Project ACES? They do a really good job of big complicated battles with tons of stuff going on, and could make the melodramatic between story missions work too.

The Ace Combat team made a Gundam game on the PS2. It's called Mobile Suit Gundam: One Year War.

631829-A4-9-F16-4579-AC53-AE7646097-B34.jpg

Around the same time, Sega's Aero Dancing dev team made a SDF Macross game. Both are really good.

Last edited: