• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 5, 2018
Classic Simpsons
The Office
Parks and Rec
Bob's Burgers
Laid Back Camp (the most comforting tv series of them all)

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
Sitcoms:
  • 30 Rock (the greatest comedy of all time, fight me if you must)
  • Cheers
  • Brooklyn Nine-Nine
  • Scrubs

Dramas:
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation
  • Battlestar Galactica
  • Firefly
  • Better Call Saul
  • The Wire
  • Game of Thrones (books and show)

Books:
  • The Prey series by John Sandford. Pretty standard cop thriller novels, just with much better written characters than average. Been reading them since I was 13.
  • Michael Crichton. My favorite pop-sci novelist. I've read almost all of his books at least 5-6 times. Another novelist I got hooked on early in my teens.
  • Robert Tanenbaum's Butch Karp novels. Mostly preposterous lawyer novels about a NY District Attorney who is also somehow an NBA Superstar, whose fellow DA bestie is a bodybuilder that would put Arnold to shame. It's as dumb as it sounds but dammit they're fun reads.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Brooklyn Nine-Nine, King of Queens and Seinfeld for me. I watch these on repeat all the time and will usually throw one on with the sleep timer when I go to sleep.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
As utterly heartbreaking and maddening as it can be sometimes, I watch The Wire at least once a year. Often I need something on in the background while I do chores but there are times where I do sit down to watch a few scenes all the way through.

As for movies, I like watching The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, No Country for Old Men, and Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. Again, mostly for background noise.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Manga ( most of them on a yearly basis ) :
  • many Mitsuru Adachi stuff, Touch, Katsu and or Cross Game
  • Angel Densetsu
  • KyĹŤ Kara Ore Wa!!
Series :
  • Scrubs
  • Malcolm in the middle
  • Deep Space Nine
  • Stargate SG1
  • Kaamelott ( French comedy )
At some point Harry potter ( audio ) books, thought I now mostly read fanfic to tickle my interest, over re reading/listening the same books again.

BlackSalad

Oct 27, 2017
Star Trek TNG and DS9
King of the Hill
Seinfeld
American Dad

Star trek is my go to show for relaxing right before going to bed. TNG used to be my favorite but the more I re-watch DS9, the better it becomes.

Deleted member 29939

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
UnconsciousBronzeIberianlynx-size_restricted.gif

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Parks and Rec
Californication
You're the Worst
First 3.5 seasons of Community

Oct 25, 2017
I can't quite explain why, but I'll always associate The Larry Sanders Show with a sort of quiet cosiness. See also Party Down, and for more obvious reasons, Joe Pera Talks With You.

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
The Office

The Simpsons

King of the Hill

I watch an episode or two of each every week and will probably continue doing so for eternity.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fringe seasons 1-3

Person of Interest seasons 1-2

Tron Legacy

Nichijou

Space Battleship Yamato 2199

Initial D

Oct 27, 2017
TV :

breaking bad
dexter
house md
sons of anarchy
lost
prison break

i can binge watch these shows over and over again, but there is something really comforting about The Office, The Simpsons, King of the Hill, etc.

Books :

harry potter
goosebumps
american chillers

I usually read novels or non-fiction literature, not so much series. I did enjoy some manga growing up, like Naruto.

Last edited:

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
I've watched always sunny with my wife countless times over. Same with no Burnham stand up.

Dark souls 1 for games

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
Dragon Ball, Naruto, GTO & some other shounen anime that I probably will never get tired of and absolutely will rewatch with my kids when the time will come :).

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Games: Bungie Halo games
Books: Dune
TV: Star Trek TNG
Movies: Star Wars OT

I like space

Lady Murasaki

Scary Shiny Glasses
Oct 25, 2017
I have a lot of stuff that I like, but nothing I keep coming back to. I was wondering these days if this is weird.

I feel that even though I really love something there is so much new stuff I feel like I should be constantly seeking new stuff to add to my loved list. I rarely read or watch anything twice.

I think the closest thing of a comfort series for me is LOTR, both the books and the movies. I read the books twice and I think I could watch the movies multiple times, too. And probably a few Studio Ghibli movies too.

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
I have a decent number of TV shows I revisit fairly often but the main ones are:
  • Buffy/Angel
  • Cheers
  • Chuck
Movies-wise it's basically Star Wars for me. I regularly watch just about every movie in that series, except Episode 2.

Video Games:
  • Legend of Zelda (NES, Link to the Past, Windwaker and seemingly Breath of the Wild now)
Also, Animal Crossing is basically comfort food the game, I still regularly play New Leaf and at times check in on my GameCube town.

Also I watch Super Bowl LII once a month now still since it happened, so that probably counts.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
Honestly I don't rewatch things too often... for me comfort watching is stuff like brazilian novelas, the voice and dumb stuff like that. I only half pay attention to tbh.
Also youtube, I watch a ton of LGBTube channels.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
It is funny because online discussions about Star Wars fill me with existential dread and rage but actually watching them is the comfiest experience and makes my soul happy.

ConanEd

Alt account
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
A 1981 documentary series by NHK, Silk Road, with 8 parts films inside China and 12 parts filmed from China to Damascus.

I have watched it a few times already, I even tried to follow the route on google map. I expect I will watch it a few more times in the future.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Mostly food shows for me.

I'm a sucker for Diners Drive-Ins & Dives and pretty much anything with Gordon Ramsay.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
buffy, yuyu hakusho, party down and the scream movies are all things I could watch on loop forever and never get tired of

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
Psych and 30 Rock for TV shows
More than Meets the Eye for comics
I don't really do this for books anymore since the time commitment is greater.

WGMBY

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA
Movie - The Matrix, seen it probably 20+ times over the years (only a few recently, but I watched it all the time as a teen)
TV Show - Community, seen it end-to-end at least 5 times, and some episodes I've seen over a dozen times
Game - Morrowind, Way too many hours spent in this game, as a teen when it first released, playing with mods in High School and college, and again now a decade out of college, I'm playing it again

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When it comes to games, Mega Man X or Tetris Attack. I could play them all day and just be at ease.

When it comes to anime, Naruto. There are so many parts I could just watch any day.

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
In years past it was Simpsons and Seinfeld
Now it's It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Sopranos

Games wise: Mega Man 2, Ninja Gaiden NES, Tetris NES, Sim City SNES, Final Fantasy IV